Covington, GA

Indian Creek Middle School 3

Posted June 14, 2015
It is a great school! However the teachers tend to slack off towards the middle of the year.

Posted June 05, 2015
Indian Creek is has done a great job preparing my child for high school. The teachers work hard to make sure the students enjoy going to school.

Posted October 14, 2014
The only thing that will save this school frmo its downward spiral is getting rid of the administration The adminstration does not like good teachers and chases them off. It seems like her only objective is making the entire staff miserable and thus the instruction suffers because of the ridiculous and chaotic environment in the school.

Indian Creek Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2013
We moved here to Covington from a suburb of Detroit last summer and my children attend ICMS. I have to say that in their 8 years of school in the Detroit area they were NEVER bullied as much as they have been in just one school year at Indian Creek. They have been punched, kicked, slapped, teased and bullied repeatedly. I honestly don't know whether to place the blame on the school or the parents who raise children to treat others this way. All I can say is, if you plan on moving here make sure you can enroll your child in a private school and avoid the public schools. I really wish that was possible for my kids.

Posted March 12, 2013
The teachers at ICMS appear to care more for their personal needs than the students. It is a very political school. Decisions are made not on a child's merit, but who the teacher/coach/director knows or can benefit from. Education is not a priority, your financial status is.

Indian Creek Middle School 2

Posted June 16, 2012
I am a sophomore in high school who went here from 6th grade to 8th grade (2008-2011). I have to say I did not enjoy my time here. While the academics were good for the most part, everything else was off. In 6th grade I came here from an elementary school that did not have many other students going to this school, so I didn't know anyone. The school felt very clique-ish, especially in the Gifted classes that I were in. I was placed in Quest Social Studies and Quest Mathematics (even though I am not very good at mathematics and exceeded reading/english on my 5th grade CRCT and only met the standards for math). I kept having a hard time in Quest Math. The teacher, I felt, was too strict. I do admit I wasn't trying as hard as I should, but the teacher just made it worse. My mother eventually took me out of the Quest program. I was bullied a lot during my time there, and the teachers and administration did not care. I did not have a lot money, and other children that did seemed to be favored. There were some great teachers there, however, such as Ms. Angulo, Mrs. Proffitt and Mr. Love. Overall, I did not like Indian Creek. The administration needs to improve their school.

Posted May 30, 2012
Extremely disappointed. Sometimes you just can't find the right words, and saying to much can be taken the wrong way. The word unsatisfactory comes to mind. Submitted by a Grandparent

Posted June 23, 2011
I have a student who just finished his first year at Indian Creek. His teachers were professional, organized, and most importantly available. We had several conferences throughout the year, even though my kid was not a behavior problem. All teachers kept us posted on math and reading levels without me or my husband even asking. They went above and beyond. There was an instance of my child being made fun of and my son told me that his homeroom teacher handled it that day and the kid got in trouble. I was very nervous with my child going to middle school. I thought I would have to constantly be calling the school, dealing with bullies, and teachers that wouldn't have time for my child. I couldn't have been more wrong. These teachers really care about the kids and pay attention to their individual needs.

Indian Creek Middle School 4

Posted July 01, 2010
My son was an 8th grade student at ICMS this year. We moved to Covington from Gwinnett County and he had always attended in Gwinnett County prior to our move. I must say that this school year has been his best. He has always had problems with focus and distractability and the teachers at ICMS were wonderful and he felt encouraged and motivated in ways that I don't believe he ever did in prior schools. A special thank you to Mr. Erik Love and Mr. Michael Smith-Foot..... you are wonderful teachers and it's obvious that teaching is more to you than just a job, it's apparent that you care about the children as individuals, which makes a huge difference.

Posted May 06, 2010
My daughter is in her first year at Indian Creek, and I have been very encouraged by how well she has done during what can be a difficult transition from elementary to middle grades. She is in several AP classes and the quality of instruction has been excellent. She also loves the band program and the other after-school activities.

Indian Creek Middle School
11051 By Pass Rd, Covington, GA  30014
Last modified Indian Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Creek Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top