Covington, GA

Posted October 13, 2014
I am a former teacher. In my 3 years that I worked at MSC I felt as part of a family. This being a small school I felt supported by the parents and also by my coworkers. The director always invested in quality Montessori materials even if the material was need it as an extension to lessons. My assistant teacher was very knowledgeable and participated yearly in training. Continuing education was encouraged and supported every year by the head of the school. Students academics, social being and safety were always top priority and our monthly staff meeting always emphasized on how we can excel in serving the needs of our students. I am only not there because of the long commute; As a mother of two, I would highly recommend this school.

Posted September 23, 2014
I have heard of so many kids hating school, but I am glad to say that my son is NOT one of those kids. He is eager to learn and always excited to go to school. I attribute so much of this to Montessori and this amazing school.

Posted September 11, 2014
We are relatively new to the area but had spent many months researching the schools in and around metro Atlanta prior to choosing. I agree with others that it would be better if the school had more extracurricular choices, but I also feel that education should be the primary goal of a school. I am happy with enrolling my child for dance at a dance studio and for piano lessons at a music studio. I also found that Montessori schools can be difficult to assess because of the different accreditation organizations, but I thoroughly researched this school and found it to be one of MEPI's Level One Premier Schools. This was one of the main reasons we began considering this school since so few schools have this stature. At the same time that alone was not reason to choose this school, but visiting and seeing the students excited and happy to learn convinced us. Sure, it will take our child some time to catch up because the expectations are higher, but it is worth it because she is happy and the teachers are working with her. What a wonderful place to be!

Montessori School of Covington 1

Posted August 18, 2014
I am in agreement with several of these reviews. This school does not test and that is why some people love it. A child can attend this school and be so far behind students at other schools. All students learn differently, but there are more needy students at this school. That is part of the reason we decided to leave. Sometimes that takes away from other students. Also, when my child was tested after leaving this school, they were academically behind. This is true of other families also. Now, they are above grade level. This school Is expensive not to have any extra curriculars, not to have ALL certified and degreed teachers. You will notice that once the kids get to upper elementary, middle and high school, they leave this school. It serves its purpose as a basic daycare. Choose wisely!!!!

Posted July 27, 2014
I am a former teacher at MSC, fully certified, with many years of experience in Montessori classrooms at several schools. MSC is among the best Montessori Educational environments I have seen. Montessori is not standardized, so all schools, all teachers, are not the same, and parents must be as diligent as they would be researching any other school. MSC has fully-equipped classrooms with beautiful Montessori materials and lessons. The director and every member of the staff care about each child. Children have come into the classrooms with many varied abilities and needs, and all are met exactly where they are and given the freedom to learn with support and respect. I believe some of the signs of a quality school are contentment of the staff and involvement of the families. The families at MSC are very involved, driving on field trips, gardening, helping with repairs, and supporting the school in every way possible. The staff is happy and free of drama or dissention. Not only is the Montessori Method such a wonderful way for children to learn, but MSC is an ideal environment for any child's Montessori experience.

Montessori School of Covington 1

Posted July 09, 2014
I noticed that all lot of reviews that are not all raves about this school gets deleted. Not sure why since the comments were not in any violations. This goes to this school's character, concerned with their appearance & not the parents needs. Everyone already knows no school is perfect, this one included. When considering this school ask to see the credentials of ALL teachers & director. If they are not certified and degreed, nothing else matters. There is a big difference between being "trained" and "certified". Training is what ever the school deems acceptable, that could be going to a seminar yearly. Ask to see certifications. If you are looking for a true Montessori school with proven performance you may want to look else where. This school is popular because it does not test & many parents are looking to avoid CRCT. However they are finding out once they transfer to other private & public schools they their kids have just been pushed along from grade to grade. The school is always asking for money & trying to get people enroll, which creates an atmosphere & a general feeling of a business trying to holding on, more than a place meeting the educational needs of children.

Posted April 28, 2014
I taught for many years at a private school that wins awards annually for excelling in education and expected my grandchild to attend there. I have to admit that I was concerned when I learned that my grandchild would be going to the Montessori school. I decided to start researching and comparing schools in depth to show the benefits that I thought were obvious of the award-winning, highly successful private school that I had taught at. At first, I was very reluctant to accept the mounting evidence that showed that there are many benefits that Montessori schools offer that private, not to even mention public, schools cannot. I realize that many of the awards we won were based solely on test scores that we pushed so hard to promote. While we ensured that students could narrow down the answers and fill in the bubbles on a scantron successfully, we failed to ensure that students had the skills that they needed to succeed in life. Ultimately, while I still have fond memories of when I taught, I am glad that my grandchild is going to the Montessori school and will be valued for more than test scores that contribute to winning awards for the school.

Posted April 23, 2014
I highly recommend this school for any school-age child. I have two boys that have thrived in the Montessori School of Covington. After attending early childhood classes at MSC, they spent a few years in Decatur City Schools, a highly rated public school system. My children faired very well in DCS, but I have seen exponential growth in their vocabulary, math skills, and critical thinking at MSC in the past year. The staff is available and kind. The teachers and principal displays a true concern for each student's wellness. The students have an appreciation for learning and for each other's contribution to the classroom. I couldn't not be more satisfied with my children's development while in the Montessori School of Covington.

Posted February 18, 2014
In my opinion this school is a gem. I have spent countless hours searching for a place where I could feel confident that my daughter is receiving the best education possible. I have visited dozens of schools, read all the reviews online, talked to others, did observations, and researched each school long and hard. Now that my daughter is actually attending the Montessori School of Covington I feel like all the time I put into finding the school was well worth it.

Posted February 12, 2014
Being raised in a public school myself, I did not know what to expect from a Montessori school. I have been very pleased, as my daughter is not only learning, but also liking going to school now.

Montessori School of Covington
4208 Summers Street SW, Covington, GA  30014
Last modified Montessori School of Covington is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Montessori School of Covington Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top