Covington, GA

Woodlee's Christian Academy 3

Posted February 05, 2014
There have been many changes recently. Some for better, some not. Bottom line, the small class size, christian base, and loving spirit of teachers and staff are what make this school. They truly love your child. They want your child to grow, learn, and be happy. They are concerned about your child's spiritual life as well as their academic life. They will accommodate as much as possible with IEP's. (but remember, they are a very small school that does not receive funds from the state) They will challenge your gifted child as well. This school has the ability to tailor your child's learning, almost daily. These folks will work with anyone and they accept the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship. Woodlee's has been an answered prayer for my son. They could be the answer to your prayers as well.

Woodlee's Christian Academy 4

Posted September 10, 2013
Yes, Woodlee's has gone through many changes since my child started in 2010. I have seen turnover in staff and teachers. I have seen board members change, principals change, and my child change for the better. Yes, my child has special needs. No, Woodlee's was not prepared to handle that, but the teachers were. If you want things to be better for the school your child attends, then be an involved parent! Go to the PTF meetings, volunteer your time to your school. It won't get any better until you put in the effort! Sure, I can say many negative things......But the positive far outweighs them. They now have "degreed" teachers, an amazing principal, and LOVE FOR YOUR CHILD!!! They honestly want to see EVERYONE SUCCEED! Yes, even the parents. Most of all, they want your child to be a complete person. That is why God is at the top of everything. It has changed my child for the better. There is no better place for my child to be educated and if I could afford to, my other two children would be there as well. These are all just opinions, everyone has one, but I invite you to tour the school for yourself and make your own decision.

Woodlee's Christian Academy 3

Posted September 09, 2013
WCA is a great school, but like many others, they too have their issues. No school is perfect. The staff there really do love and care about their students. Yes, they do need a gym and some other things, but my daughter loves going there. The love she gets from the teachers is what keeps her motivated. She has a learning disability and Woodlee's had bent over backwards to accomodate and help her. They are wonderful with her. The school rarely has any diciplinary issues. They are working very hard to get all their staff up to standards and they will all be degreed teachers by next year. Yes, this should have been done years ago but it's taken a wonderful new principal to get all the kinks worked out. I do think they are a bit overboard on their dress code rules. They need to focus less on the shoes the kids wear and focus more on other more important issues. Woodlee's is not perfect, but I would recommend the school to anyone who wants their child to learn and at the same time, be loved by everyone there. The Christian environment is wonderful!

Posted July 16, 2013
We just love this school and cannot praise it enough! Not only do the students at this school receive Godly guidance in a protective environment, but they also receive a top-notch education. We have been extremely pleased with the administration and teachers. The love and nurturance that my daughter has received has truly been a blessing in her life. Thank God for the blessing this school is to our community!

Posted June 25, 2013
My son attends WCA and I am very pleased with the school. Administrators, teachers, and staff are focused on student success. Teachers are knowledgeable and compassionate in their subject areas. WCA uses a curriculum that challenges students academically. My son is more engaged in school & excited about learning. His critical thinking and writing skills have improved tremendously. I believe its because class sizes are smaller and students benefit from the extra attention. Having my child attend a Christian based school that is also academically strong is one of the best decisions I made. My child is spiritually, socially, and academically stronger than ever before!

Woodlee's Christian Academy 4

Posted June 24, 2013
Woodlee's is a school made up of caring, christian people. We see the children as individuals rather than numbers. We are not perfect but will work with you and your child rather than against you. I have been in education for 28 years and had to retire to find the education environment I longed for. We don't have a lot of buildings but we have a rigorous curriculum and a desire to educate the whole child. We are a calling prep school not an alternative school in the traditional sense of the word. We cater to ALL children that we believe we can service. We will not make promises to parents that we can not keep. We are realistic but hopeful that we can assist a child in taking the path with the purpose that God has for them. They must discover that purpose for themselves. We believe we can guide them to that discovery. To quote one of our students, he said "Thank you for believing in me when nobody else would". To me that says it all.

Posted June 20, 2013
I would just like to say that woodlee's has changed my children's lives for the better. We have an upcoming 5th grader and an upcoming 8th grader there. We were looking for a school to send our children to escape the public school system and yes we did check several schools before picking woodlee's, we picked it because we felt the love and family atmosphere as soon as we walked in the door. We will never go anywhere else it will do whatever it takes to be able to keep my children at woodlee's.

Posted April 20, 2013
I am a teacher at Woodlee's and I'd like to clear up a couple of things.The teacher who posted about how bad Woodlee's is posted right after being told she would not have her contract renewed for 2012/13. Also, we have a new principal who is very experienced and there have been a lot of changes this year, all for the good. The atmosphere at Woodlee's is amazing! It's like a big family this year and it's been wonderful working here. While we do have some special needs students, they are few and we have a special needs teacher who works with them. As for students who have been expelled from other schools, we have one or two students in that situation, but that's all. Woodlee's does not take in every single student, regardless of their past, but sometimes students show that they really want to turn things around. The others usually aren't accepted or end up leaving, because they don't improve during their probation period. Our curriculum is Bob Jones and it encourages critical thinking. If you really want to know the truth about Woodlee's, come see for yourself. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised! God is good and we keep Him up front in all classes!

Woodlee's Christian Academy 1

Posted June 07, 2012
I can not believe that this school took my money to give my child an education and then I found out that they have excepted all of these students that have been kicked out of public school. If I had wanted my child to be in that environment I could put them in public school for free.

Woodlee's Christian Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2012
This school needs to decide what kind of school it is going to be. They have a really good day care in Conyers but they do not know how to run a school. They accept students that have been kicked out of public school in the upper grades & many special needs sudents. They adminstration does not know how to run a school.

Woodlee's Christian Academy
3915 Highway 162, Covington, GA  30016
Last modified Woodlee's Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Woodlee's Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top