Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Alcovy High School is not the school you want your children to attend.the staff at the school do not care about no one. You can inform the staff at Alcovy High that your kids is getting harassed and bullied and they will not do anything just recently a little boy got beat up with brass knuckles and they didn't even look into it.my child came home and told me that a little girl got jumped at school.by a group of gang banger..my childs also informed me that the girl who got JUMP got punished. And their posting videos of the fight and what they're going to do to her nezt time.. I'm just letting you guys know so you can be a phone beware of Alcovy High School this was a great School but it is nothing but a bunch of g********** there do not really care..please if you care about your kids .Don't Don't Go

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Not at all.they let kids just jump.bullying and pick on.and do nothing at it.walk around like nothing happened

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

That's the way I feel at the time.no support for the good kids.just the bad ones

Effective school leaders: Disagree

this school have no leadership. They only deal with kids and I only do certain kids

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Alcovy do not care about its students are its parents.......... ....just an bad school bad school

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They don't care about the kids.just the check.all the kids ask for homework and don't get it

Thank you, Alcovy teachers and staff for making sure my child graduated. My child has not always been easy to deal with and sometimes got into some big trouble, but the staff never gave up. They believed in my child---and as a result, graduation was possible. Don't believe all the negative things people say. Is Alcovy perfect? NO, but they are working on trying to meet the needs of all kids by providing a quality service. The staff at Alcovy cares about our kids and they want them to be successful-parents need to get involved with their kids' educations. You should make an appointment to meet the principal so you will know the truth about the school-visit--you'll become a believer---they all helped me so much with my child. I wasn't sure we would make it---but we did---and my child is entering college---something we were not sure would be possible.

This school lacks leadership and accountability. I do know the principle is new so I will give her a chance. This school is full of hoodlums and not because it's quite a few African Americans but because of the mentality. I am African American and I don't want my son at this school. Also some of the administrators think they are better than the parents and are very dismissive. My son had to defend himself and was suspended as well. I do understand zero tolerance but when I tried to ask questions I was quickly cut off and reminded that she had her doctorates degree. She assumed that I was uneducated and that my son was raised in a single parent home. He hasn't had a real biology teacher since he's been there and there is no structure in his classrooms. I'm totally disappointed.

My 4th child graduates this Friday. Her entire career at this school, all spent in AP classes, she was assigned one ridiculous, elemntary-school project after another. Building dioramas and making scrapboooks in her senior AP Macro class, yet she was never ONCE assigned to write a RESEARCH paper. The school has NO discipline and the course work is a JOKE. My kids took 4-5 AP classes at a time AND worked part time jobs and breezed through them like they were in 1st grade.

I had a great high school experience here. Class of 2013. I'm really going to miss it. Most of the teachers are amazing, although a few fell through the cracks. Ms Boyim is the greatest math teacher in the history of math! If you struggle in math, try to get her as your teacher and you'll soar,

Last modified Alcovy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.