Cumming, GA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 28, 2014
I'm in 9th grade and I started at PA this year after 9 years in public school I love Pinecrest, its a great school and everyone is so nice and polite. The posts that say the school is to religious or not good or anything like that is from a long time ago. Now we are a blue ribbon school with really high SAT scores. I have never liked going to school, but now I love school

Posted September 30, 2014
This is our second year at Pinecrest. I have had a wide variety of experiences in dealing with private and public schools over the last 16 years. The first year we attended the school it was in its second year. It struggled with growing pains to say the least. I was very frustrated and would have left it weren t for the quick turn around by Dr. Buck. Dr. Buck quickly identified academic deficiencies and implemented fun interactive programs for the students. Dr. Buck has brought many resources to the school that it was lacking and is continuing to bring more. Dr. Buck s enthusiasm for school pride, academics and fun is very contagious. I see a huge difference in the staff. My kids are very happy with the school, love their respective teachers, and are excited about school. I can only speak to the teachers of K, 1st and 2nd but by far the best teachers I have had the pleasure of working with. Both my kids have teachers that have a genuine interest in children and teaching. The schools still struggles with the geographic location which can be frustrating at drop off and pick up. I have no doubt however, that this school will top the academic charts within a few years.

Pinecrest Academy 3

Posted September 21, 2014
Looks like a nice school, but concerned over high school comments. Also, do you need to be Catholic to go here?

Posted September 13, 2014
We are beginning our second year at Pinecrest Academy. I was first attracted to Pinecrest because of the coeducational campus with gender separate learning. We came from a traditional Catholic school but have always seen the benefits to gender separate education and this is truly the best of both worlds. From the first phone call I made to Pinecrest up until school started, I was impressed with the professionalism of the administration. They truly cared about my family. I was amazed at the love and support my children received as new students both from faculty and from students even before the first day of school. I have found Pinecrest to be academically strong and the faculty all doing above and beyond to ensure each student's success. While we chose Pinecrest for their academic reputation, because of the smaller size of the school it is possible for my children not only to play the sports they like but to try new ones as well - and have success there, too. I love the Catholic environment and truly can see a difference in the religious formation of my children. I would encourage anyone researching schools to come see what Pinecrest is all about - you won't be disappointed!

Pinecrest Academy 1

Posted September 18, 2013
This is our first year at Pinecrest with our son in 5th grade. We were looking for a small class sized Catholic based school for our son to grow with thru his high school years. The Pinecrest Family is amazing. Everyone is so helpful and caring. If I ever have a question, I never have to reach far to find help and support. We look forward to spending 8 great years at Pinecrest !!!

Posted August 16, 2013
We just started our fifth year at Pinecrest and have two high school students. I would not have my children anywhere else for many reasons. Pinecrest's AP pass rate average over a 5-year period is 87%, surpassing Georgia's pass rate of 55%. Pinecrest's average SAT score for 2012 was 1769, beating both Georgia and National scores. But it's even more than the academics. The campus atmosphere is steeped in the Catholic faith, in values and in virtues - thanks to all of our incredible principals and faculty who teach our children to embrace faith, truth, service to others and strong values, as they grow in their relationship with Christ while excelling in the classroom. The sacraments are always available, and we have three wonderful priests at our service. Something that struck me from the first year we arrived was the tradition of a Senior Mission Trip. Every spring, our seniors travel to Nicaragua to serve the poorest of the poor. Many do this in lieu of a 'fun' beach vacation. From PreK3 through 12th grade, Pinecrest students are loved and challenged and developed into strong Christian leaders. We are so blessed to be here.

Posted July 13, 2013
Pinecrest Academy is a great school because of it's academics and faith-based formation. The younger students gain a solid foundation in core subjects, foreign language and religion as well as and strong character development. The middle and high school students are well-prepared for college. The students (and parents) have a wide-range of apostolic service projects available to serve others. The "family atmosphere" is like no other school around!

Posted July 12, 2013
My daughter started at Pinecrest in the 8th grade, and is now a senior. She has loved her years here at Pinecrest, and has done exceptionally well academically. (Making 4's & 5's on all of her AP exams.) She is definitely prepared for college next year! She has been challenged, encouraged and loved by her teachers. It is obvious that the principal, assistant principal and teachers truly care about their students. She has met wonderful friends here, and has been able to grow in her relationship with Christ in such a beautiful way. Pinecrest Academy is known for being one of the best Catholic schools in the country, and now I know why from experience. I highly recommend Pinecrest to anyone interested in not just a good, but a GREAT Catholic education!

Posted July 12, 2013
Pinecrest Academy is celebrating 20 years and has grown into a great school. They have the highest SAT scores in the county - and higher than any public district in the state. They offer 22 AP courses and 83% of their students pass the exams (compared to 57% in the state of GA). My lower school children are loved and known. They are taught strong academics (we came from public school and they are far more challenged here). It also bring me great confidence that Pinecrest has been a Top 50 Catholic High School for six years! The teachers and staff love my children and my family. We have found our home.

Posted July 12, 2013
We have had our children at Pinecrest Academy for 6 years and have been in love with what Pinecrest offers ever since! Pinecrest Academy's Academic Curriculum is fantastic. Both our children have received the individual Academic attention they need to excel in all areas of learning. The campus is filled with parents who share the same parenting values that my husband and I share. It has been a pleasure meeting people who simply want a good education for their kids, without all the worries and concerns associated with sending your children to school these days. There's no texting, tweeting, instagramming or posting going on in any of our 3 campuses during school hours. School is for learning and participating in our full line up of Athletic offerings. Our son is a Football and Lacrosse player and our daughter is passionate about Cheerleading, Gymnastics & Piano (yes, we have a great Pinecrest band). We just can't say enough about how happy we are to have found such a wonderful school like Pinecrest Academy!

Pinecrest Academy