No rating

Ivy League Montessori School

Private | PK-6 | 75 students

Our School is known for their outstanding teachers and home-like environment.

Living in Cumming

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $204,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

School Official Point of View

Posted February 7, 2014

Ivy League Montessori School was established in 1991. As the first Montessori school in the area, we feel that we offer a truly authenic Montessori education for children from 18 months to 12 years old. Beginning with our littlest students, our 18 month- 3 year old Mother's Morning Out program consists of 2 morning classes a week. This an excellent way for us to introduce Montessori principles to children. Following the Mother's Morning Out program, children graduate into our traditional Montessori program. Classes are broken into three age levels; ages 3-K, 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade. Our school makes great efforts to ensure that students are placed into the right classroom with the right teacher. All of our teachers have been certified as Montessori teachers and have many years of classrooom experience. Many have been at our school for 10+ years. Please come and experience the difference in a school and staff that has 23 years experience in quality Montessori Education.

Posted April 9, 2014

Ivy League Montessori provides an amazing atmosphere for students to learn. After a negative experience at another local Montessori, we moved our son to Ivey League a year and a half ago. He has simply blossomed at the school. His behavior has improved significantly and he is way above his grade level in his skill set. We love the teachers and staff. The Parents Group is very active and supportive of the school. While we always planned to move our son to public school, we are now staying at Ivy League Montessori next year!

Posted April 9, 2014

Ivy League has been an incredible experience for our son. He has thrived and made incredible strides not only educationally but in life lessons. The teachers and administrators are warm, caring, and loving to every child. Another unique aspect to the school is that the parents want to be involved in the school and have an incredible parent group. Parents are always well informed about there children and the school. I can not say enough about this school and everything about it. If I could give more than five stars I would.

Posted November 13, 2013

We are fans of Montessori education for our family but finding the right one with excellent teachers and students was tough in our area. We are on our 3rd Montessori school but have been a part of the Ivy League family the past 5 years. We started out at another AMI school in Roswell and then went to another in Cumming. I didn't pick Ivy League FIRST because of the outside structure being what looks like a small house. There is a lesson in remembering to never judge a book by it's cover because what is inside the school house is happy, intelligent, loving teachers and students that are kind, gracious and truly love to learn. I have 3 children that are in their fifth year at Ivy League and they love school, love the work and love to learn. I never even knew that was possible! I thought kids at that age thought of school as a "had to" and not a "want to". We have a happy home life so it says a lot that my children enjoy going to school AS MUCH as they enjoy being home on the weekends. The teachers, the materials, the parents, the clean environment, the cultural field trips- everything about ILMS is FIRST CLASS. Driving 22 miles so that my kids can attend ILMS is worth it.

Posted November 7, 2013

ILMS has a 4 week 'trial period.' On Day 29, they informed us that our child should see an occupational therapist, so we did. The OT, however, did not feel that treatment was necessary. We withdrew our child from ILMS. We had paid for 3 months of preschool; our son was only there for 1 month. The other two months tuition ($1186) was not refunded to us, accompanied by the statement "We are sorry that you chose to withdraw from our school." This money would have covered 6 months of pre-school at our son's new school (where he is thriving and doing very well).

Posted November 7, 2013

Both of my sons have been at ILMS for three years and I couldn't be happier with their progress. We moved to Cumming from another state and another Montessori school that we thought was doing a great job. It was only by enrolling our boys at ILMS that allowed us to see what a huge difference there is between schools. Both of our boys started the Montessori way of learning when they were just three years old. I recommend that you get your children going as early as you possibly can, there is no better way for a child to learn and actually retain knowledge than the Montessori way! There is definitely a reason that ILMS has been in business for over twenty years, they are the best by far!

Posted November 7, 2013

My 3 boys attend this school and I cannot say enough good things about it. My oldest son has been there for 5 years now. The teachers take the time to get to know each individual child and meet their needs accordingly. It truly has become our home away from home. I am thankful everyday that my children are surrounded by such loving, intelligent and patient educators. I love ILMS!!!!

Posted November 7, 2013

Ivy League Montessori School is by far the best Montessori school in the area! There are few words that can adequately describe what this school means to our family. Our journey with Ivy League began over 5 years ago when my oldest daughter had just turned 3. When my husband and I toured the school we immediately felt a comfort that we had not felt before while looking at other schools. We now have two daughters in the primary level and one in the lower elementary. Each year ILMS continues to exceed our expectations. The teachers are absolutely phenomenal! Their desire is to provide the best Montessori education in a warm and caring environment. We are blown away by what are children have learned under their instruction. Academically, they are years ahead compared to peers outside their school. I can honestly say that each staff member cares deeply for my children and for my family as a whole. I consider my daughter's teachers and the director of the school to be the individuals that I turn to the most when I need guidance as a parent. ILMS is my children's home away from home. Needless to say, it will be a very sad day when our youngest graduates from this school!

Posted November 6, 2013

My daughter has been at this school for three years now. This school and it's staff and teachers has been one of the greatest gifts to my daughter's life and our live's as parents. My daughter is reading on the 2nd grade level at the Kindergarden age 5.5. But, this is not all that is happening there at home our child has now began to do her own laundry, get herself dressed, make her own bed, clean up her own room, keep her play room clean, sweep the floor, and wash the windows to just name a few. This school provides as superior education but also my child's teacher heard about how at home my child was not handling her responsibilities so the teacher immediately called a meeting with myself and my child and she gave us parenting tools. Every time I have used these tools my child is excelling at home too. So as a result my relationship with my child continues to improve because we do not have power struggles at home because I have learned from the ILMS teacher how to empower my child in the home too !! This school demonsrates true love, harmony and compassion to every child and to every parent. You have to come and observe to understand what I am talking about.

Posted October 31, 2013

I give great respect to ILMS. The environment and teachers both have tremendous influence over my son becoming a well rounded child both educationally and from a character development standpoint. ILMS helps me to parent better while also making parenting a little easier.

Posted October 27, 2013

Do yourself (and your children) one of the biggest favors and tour this school before you commit to one. I searched for a year and visited countless schools and knew the second I met the teachers and tour the school. My children are receiving the best international education with legendary teachers that truly care about the development of your child.

Posted October 23, 2013

We have been part of Ivy League for about 7 years already, having our kids in this school has been one of the best decisions that we have made. The faculty is amazingly good, we have only good words to say about this school. If you are serious about the education of your kids, I cannot recommend a better place.

Posted October 12, 2012

ILMS has really great teachers and a wonderful group of parents. True Montessori education that adheres fully to its practices and curriculum.

Posted November 1, 2010

My daughter's friend's son goes there and they love it.

Posted October 29, 2010

Great attention to the children

Posted October 29, 2010

Because the kids love it and thats what counts

Posted October 29, 2010

Best school I've ever seen.

Posted October 27, 2010

ILMS has the best educational environment for students, parents and teachers.

Posted October 27, 2010

Because my friend's sons are BOTH enrolled in this school and they love it!

Posted October 26, 2010

It is a hands on learning center and it teaches above the public school system. all children should have a chance to learn this way

Posted October 26, 2010

Caring teachers with happy students.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 32% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Arabic languages
Spanish
Tagalog
Finnish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • MSG Foundation Award (2012)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Tagalog

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Garden/Greenhouse
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Yoga club

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 2:45 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Becky Carty
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Foreign languages
  • Mathematics
  • Science
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Access to sports fields
  • Audiovisual aids
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Vocal lessons / coaching
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom