PK-6|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Ivy League Montessori School was established in 1991. As the first Montessori school in the area, we feel that we offer a truly authenic Montessori education for children from 18 months to 12 years old. Beginning with our littlest students, our 18 month- 3 year old Mother's Morning Out program consists of 2 morning classes a week. This an excellent way for us to introduce Montessori principles to children. Following the Mother's Morning Out program, children graduate into our traditional Montessori program. Classes are broken into three age levels; ages 3-K, 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade. Our school makes great efforts to ensure that students are placed into the right classroom with the right teacher. All of our teachers have been certified as Montessori teachers and have many years of classrooom experience. Many have been at our school for 10+ years. Please come and experience the difference in a school and staff that has 23 years experience in quality Montessori Education.
February 07, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted November 21, 2015
We are currently in our second year at Ivy League Montessori School and couldn't be happier! I taught in the public school system for 8 years which often frustrated me with its ever changing curriculum and endless assessments. I had extensively researched the Montessori method, which blew me away! Montessori teaches to the whole child, not to the test. This is how all children should be taught. We had previously enrolled our then 3 year old son in another local Montessori school that he dreaded attending everyday. I just didn't feel like they really took the time to understand my son. We still really believed in the method, so we went for a tour at ILMS hoping for better results. The first time we visited we could tell it was going to be a completely different experience. The teachers and staff at ILMS are so warm and friendly. There is such a great vibe the minute you walk in the door. Ms. Jahan is my son's teacher and has made such a difference for my wild little boy! She has the right balance of high expectations with a warm and friendly heart. It was exactly what our son needed! At our first conference she knew our son inside and out and I could tell that she truly cared about his well being. My daughter is now with Ms. Charu who brings so much fun to the classroom and has been very patient with our sassy 3 year old. She shows a deep level of respect for her students and values them for the individuals they are. This is a rare find in preschool! ILMS is such a special place. Not only are my kids learning and growing everyday, I have become a better parent as I learn more about the Montessori way. I know my children are making lifelong friendships they will cherish forever. ILMS is a family that we are so grateful we found!

Posted November 20, 2015
My son has been attending IVY League Montessori for the past two years. The staff is exceptional and the education he is getting there is beyond measures. Highly recommended! ~ Ranjani Kiefer

Posted November 18, 2015
Both my twin boys are in the ILMS Mothers Morning Out Program and absolutely love it! We have been attending the school almost a year since they were 18 months old and have seen great improvements in their behavior and speech. The warm environment and kind teachers are like no other I have ever experienced. I feel so lucky that we found this little gem in Cumming!

Posted November 17, 2015
2 of my children have attended Ivy League and we could not be more pleased. We plan on sending our third child here when she is old enough. We have tried other Montessori Schools in the area, and Ivy League is a head above the rest! The teachers are wonderful, they boast years of experience with ongoing training and the connections they have formed with my children are incredible. The staff is amazing and the facility is beautiful and very homey. I am so thankful for the education my children have received, they have fostered a true love of learning. Thank you ILMS!

Posted November 16, 2015
Ivy League Montessori is an amazing school. I have two children attending ILMS and we are blessed to be a part of this great school. Both of my my kids have wonderful teachers here. They embrace diversity and help students to learn about the different cultures. Children get a well-rounded growth. Curriculum is excellent. Environment is enriching but not competitive which makes learning fun than pressure. There are a variety of enrichment classes offered after school. PTO is also very involved and organizes events on a regular basis. We are very happy with the school.

Posted April 09, 2014
Ivy League Montessori provides an amazing atmosphere for students to learn. After a negative experience at another local Montessori, we moved our son to Ivey League a year and a half ago. He has simply blossomed at the school. His behavior has improved significantly and he is way above his grade level in his skill set. We love the teachers and staff. The Parents Group is very active and supportive of the school. While we always planned to move our son to public school, we are now staying at Ivy League Montessori next year!

Posted April 09, 2014
Ivy League has been an incredible experience for our son. He has thrived and made incredible strides not only educationally but in life lessons. The teachers and administrators are warm, caring, and loving to every child. Another unique aspect to the school is that the parents want to be involved in the school and have an incredible parent group. Parents are always well informed about there children and the school. I can not say enough about this school and everything about it. If I could give more than five stars I would.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 07, 2014

Posted November 13, 2013
We are fans of Montessori education for our family but finding the right one with excellent teachers and students was tough in our area. We are on our 3rd Montessori school but have been a part of the Ivy League family the past 5 years. We started out at another AMI school in Roswell and then went to another in Cumming. I didn't pick Ivy League FIRST because of the outside structure being what looks like a small house. There is a lesson in remembering to never judge a book by it's cover because what is inside the school house is happy, intelligent, loving teachers and students that are kind, gracious and truly love to learn. I have 3 children that are in their fifth year at Ivy League and they love school, love the work and love to learn. I never even knew that was possible! I thought kids at that age thought of school as a "had to" and not a "want to". We have a happy home life so it says a lot that my children enjoy going to school AS MUCH as they enjoy being home on the weekends. The teachers, the materials, the parents, the clean environment, the cultural field trips- everything about ILMS is FIRST CLASS. Driving 22 miles so that my kids can attend ILMS is worth it.

Ivy League Montessori School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
ILMS has a 4 week 'trial period.' On Day 29, they informed us that our child should see an occupational therapist, so we did. The OT, however, did not feel that treatment was necessary. We withdrew our child from ILMS. We had paid for 3 months of preschool; our son was only there for 1 month. The other two months tuition ($1186) was not refunded to us, accompanied by the statement "We are sorry that you chose to withdraw from our school." This money would have covered 6 months of pre-school at our son's new school (where he is thriving and doing very well).

Ivy League Montessori School
1791 Kelly Mill Road, Cumming, GA  30040
Last modified Ivy League Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6