Posted November 23, 2014
Pulled both my kids from this school. Teachers gang up on students and parents. Horrible expierence!!! Took my then 5th grader with special needs nose against the board and made him stand there because the speech therapist got him back to class late.

Posted August 18, 2014
The leadership at the school is inexperienced. They have trouble handling situations outside the average or normal.

Posted August 01, 2013
5 STARS for Silver City! I have one year left with my little girl and it will be like leaving the family behind going to middle school. Thanks to all the wonderful teachers and staff leadership for everything.

Posted August 01, 2013
First of all I am shocked to read the 2 obiviously bitter remarks for Silver City. This is the best school I have ever been associatied. Forsyth County is a great school district as a whole and SCES is a shinning jewel on this crown. Just look at the test scores! The teachers and the administrators are the BEST! Thanks to all of you for making my childs early years so terrific!

Posted August 01, 2013
Silver City Gets an A+, Great Teachers, Great Leadership! and the PTA works hard. Great Experience! I was very nervous about my child leaving SCES for NFMS but it has been a breeze.

Posted August 01, 2013
I have had the pleasure of working at Silver City the last five years. It has been a wonderful experience through and through. From the minute you walk into the doors you can get a feel of the warm caring climate it carries throughout the building. There are many friendly faces greeting parents, students, and colleagues each morning. If I were to ever need help with any project, there are many who volunteer their services with open arms. The relationships between the teachers and students and parents is one that is truly geniune. Teachers are always happy to have parent support throughout the day. Students are actively involved and enjoy learning with many engaging activities. I could go on and on, but I can honestly say it is the "best" place to work. The administration are totally supportive of their faculty and our philosophy as a whole is to do what' s best for kids.

Posted June 14, 2013
My child has gone to SCES for 3 yrs and we loved it the first year for Kindergarten, but it has gradually become a nightmare. If your child struggles in the classroom you will be lucky to get him the he needs to succeed. The second grade curriculum is ridiculous and my child never brought home any spelling words to learn how to spell, much less any other academic material. The "homework" was easier than what he did in Kindergarten. The teacher was not engaged at all in her students success. A lot of things have gone wrong in this school the past 2 yrs. I hope it starts living up to the high standards that Forsyth County schools are rated, but until then, we will not be continuing our children's educations there. What a complete disappointment.

Posted April 04, 2012
My kids went to Cumming Elementary last year, but we moved and now they're going to Silver City. I was sad at first because we LOVED everything about CES. I have to say that SCES is even better. Great teachers, very caring, and my kids are getting excellent educations.

Posted August 08, 2009
This school, the staff and teachers are the best!

Posted June 09, 2009
I have two kids in Silver city, they love it, and so do I great caring staff and excellent, clean building with current technology......

Silver City Elementary School
6200 Dahlonega Hwy, Cumming, GA  30028
Last modified Silver City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver City Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top