Chattahoochee Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted April 16, 2014

I wanted to give this school a negative star if I have the option to. My son is in kindergarten right now and his teacher is horrible. My son is afraid to go to school and sometimes he would beg for me to let him stay home. I'm not sure what goes on at school but he will not tell me until recently. I have discuss this many times with his teacher but she denies and ignore me or change the subject. It's not until we got the principal involve that she starts to apologize and show some kind of caring. She does not encourage students but give them negative feedback. She does not care if student is failing or fall behind. I would live to put her name on blast but then I'm afraid she will harass me as she is starting to after we talk to the principal. I honestly don't think she deserve working around anyone's child as they're all bright and deserve better teacher.

Posted August 22, 2013

My granddaughter transferred to Chattahoochee Elementary this fall. She is enjoying her teacher, first grade classroom, and has had nothing but positive statements about this transition time. As a former classroom instructor and a grandmother, it is of utmost importance that she is in such a positive learning environment.

Posted October 12, 2012

This school is amazing! We are truly blessed to be living in this area for our son to attend here. I love that they are always having something going on and giving the students & their familes to participate in a lot of fun activities. The staff & other students are very nice.In SC my son was bullied and discriminated against.Since my son has been going here I have not had a single issue with his teacher or students.They have a strict policy that pushes the children to be the best they can be & also be good influences for each other.I also like how safe they are!The bus drivers are very responsible and SAFE!We live on a dangerous highway & the speed limit is 55mph.I always get nervous b/c the oncoming traffic makes a sharp turn before having to stop for the bus.The bus driver will NOT allow the child to move until ALL traffic has stopped completley and everything is safe. She also has them do a safety routine where they are required to look both ways themselves before and after getting on/off the bus. She likes to make sure you are there waiting which is cool b/c of the heavy/dangerous traffic around us. I believe that my child will succeed over the top and will stay happy here.

Posted October 12, 2012

GREAT AMAZING SCHOOL!! COULDNT BE HAPPIER. They have a great discipline and safety policy. My child has become smarter and more influenced in positive things that are encouraged by the school. Teachers make school fun.

Posted May 12, 2010

a school that help when you needs help,.. that put kids first...

Posted April 24, 2010

It a grade school,that help all kids never let a child go without no matter what the cause it is work with kids to help them feel good about them self, this is just the best school my son love this school

Posted April 11, 2010

Chattahoochee is far above any other school in the county. With great administrators as leaders, the teachers feel motivated and empowered to run their classes. Although with tough economic times, classroom sizes are increasing, teachers are still able to focus one each child's individual needs. We are truly blessed to have wonderful parent involvement and a fabulous PTO. The PTO president truly cares about the teachers and the school. She is great! It is clear when you walk in the doors that everyone is doing their job there and they clearly love what they do!

Posted February 7, 2010

I believe this school is representative of the quality education offered in the county. I feel the only thing lacking in the school is the involvement and support of the parents.

Posted September 7, 2008

We just moved here from out of state and I was concerned about my childrens transition to another school. Everyone from the teachers to the front desk have been excellent ! My kids love the school and their teachers. We moved from an excellent school district up north and I am finding Chattahoochee to be right up there in their academics. We are very happy with this school.

Posted February 15, 2008

An excellent, caring school. Special services for children with slight learning disablities has been excellent and very accomodating.

Posted January 29, 2008

A great school with an active PTA, caring teachers and a strong but kind-hearted principal

Posted January 19, 2008

We absolutely loved this school last year when I sent my son there for kindergarten. His teacher & teacher's aide were wonderful! They always encouraged him and noticed how bright he was, which he is. This year however, his first grade teacher seems to always be rushing them and she definately focuses on the negative. I don't think I've heard anything positive come out of her mouth about my son who by the way has never been in trouble for acting out or not listening. I feel that it takes a certain person to be a teacher to provide a fun & positive learning environment and sadly my son didn't get that this year. Hopefully next year will be a good one.

Posted November 1, 2007

We have three girls. Two who have went on to middle school , but we still have one there in 4th. the teachers seem to do the best with what they have. the principal not sure about. But those two characters at the front desk , thats another story. every time I've been to that front office they are either applying fresh make-up or primping in a compact mirror. Please! Stop wasting tax payers money and do your job. The security at this school , what security? Let's work on that!

Posted October 11, 2007

As a parent of a first grader, I must say how impressed I am with the school. Not only is she doing exceptionally well but her enthusiasm and desire to learn is extremely high. She likes her classmates and her teacher and often tells how other students tell her 'Way to Go, M'. I particularly like the culture of excellence that is nurtured there. My daughter told us that if she misses putting vegetables on plate at the cafeteria, the lunch ladies always tell her she must have vegetables each day and ensure that she has it. Her teacher is out of this world. She calls me at home to discuss progress and strategies to help my daughter learn new concepts. Only drawback? The amount of fundraiser but otherwise I cannot complain. Thanks Chattahoochee.

Posted July 12, 2007

My Son just finished K and I had a wonderful experience. He was having problems and his teacher was wonderful in giving him the extra help that he needed and always kept me very informed. I helped in his class every Thursday and was always welcome at the school. I could not have asked for a better teacher or school for my son.

Posted April 18, 2007

My child is finishing up his Kindergarten year at this school, and so far, has had a horrible experience. They don't encourage progression in accelerated abilities but more so focus on the negative. I am constantly getting notes home about silly trivial matters like talking in the hallway that should be handled appropriately at the facility. I asked several times to have my son moved to a different teacher because I believe the one he has is extremely unable to handle responsibilities of a bright child, and was told that this was not an option, even though it meant my child struggling through the school year. The staff is rude, and there is little left to say but its more like a base camp for children than a structured, caring, learning environment. Were I not a single mothwer who didn't have the means, my child would be pulled in a heartbeat.

Posted January 23, 2007

I have experienced the best of the best teachers . Both my kids started kindergarten at chatt. and will go on to middle with the best education and memories a public elementary school can offer. This school is a true GA. School Of Excellence!

Posted December 13, 2006

I have three children at the school and have been very happy with the school and teachers. When I have a concern I have always been welcome in the principals office and in the classroom. The concerns are always addressed. Parent Involvement is very high both in the classrooms, daily school activity and with the PTO. This school does more than most.

Posted November 15, 2006

This school is a nightmare... Most teachers rarely follow-up w/you about anything. Grading they use makes no sense, difficult at times to tell how well your kid is doing. Very disappointed, can't wait to move out of this district!

Posted September 18, 2006

Parent involvement would be much higher if the staff, teachers, and administration would work with the parents better. Staff is rude and not friendly or helpful to newcomers. Principal is detached and wishy-washy. Security at the school is poor. The school is crowded and teachers seem overwhelmed. Students are not grouped according to abilities and my child ended up tutoring those students who were behind. I was very disappointed in the school and pulled my child out. I would rather pay for private school or home school than send my child to Chattahoochee. The school has great potential but sadly, doesn't fulfill my expectations of a 'School of Excellence'.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

130 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

137 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

148 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

150 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

150 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

155 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2800 Holtzclaw Rd