Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school has been AWFUL! We were at another school for three years before moving over to Sawnee. It has been so disappointing. Nobody that works there seems to smile or want to be there (other than the librarian). They are stale and uncreative in their approach to education and are archaic in their procedures and programming. We have another year and a half there, and my son's enjoyment of school and learning has plummeted. It's really a shame.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Sawnee is a stale, uncreative, unmotivating, and unhappy place. Nobody seems to want to be there.

My Children both attend Sawnee and as others have said, we need new leadership. The school needs someone that can inspire and get the teachers motivated. In our four years there we have seen more teachers leave and always the same reason, stale leadership. There's nothing to get excited about here and enrichment programs, what are those?!? Our admin. doesn't support them.

My child has attended Sawnee k-4. She has completely loved each teacher and every year. We think her learning experience has been great in many areas. However, I agree with other comments here- the arts program is non existent, aside from what is needed to achieve good test scores, very little is done that adds creativity to learning. The enrichment programs are below enriching, they exist in small portions but aren't what I would call an inspiring enrichment program. I don't think the current leadership at Sawnee is inspiring, creative, imaginative or interested in anyway. The best thing the school board could do to enhance the learning process at Sawnee would be to shake up the current admin, replace anyone that has been in position for longer than 10 years with new blood. It's a very antiquated mentality at the top.

As a parent, this school has been very good. My children have excelled in class and the teachers have given them specialized attention in area when necessary. They are constantly keeping in touch with parents via emails and notes home regarding activities happening in class and at the school. When we first moved here from out of state, the principal was happy to speak with us about our children. Overall this school has been great. The only reason why I did not give it five stars is because of the front desk secretary in the lower school. She's never been even remotely cordial to me or my husband when going to the school for various reasons. At first I chalked it up to her having a bad day, but then it became every time. So, if you can get past the displeasure at the front door, then you'll have a great experience.

Both my children have grown up at Sawnee and we couldn't be happier. Loving teachers, excellent academics and wonderful family activities. Great special education services.

The teachers are wonderful, dedicated, and caring. My oldest child has been there kdg-5th and our youngest is in Kdg. The instruction has been individualized, creative, yet structured. The teachers are wonderful! My kids have learned a lot. However, beyond the classroom, mediocrity is acceptable. There is very little enrichment opportunity for the students. The art program is very weak. The school is the largest school in the county, but offers less to the students and community than any school I have ever seen. Being an educator and a tax payer, I believe that the school should be a "hub" to the community. Instead, the bell rings at 3pm and the doors close shortly thereafter. They have 2 cafeterias and 2 free-standing gymnasiums which could be utilized for scout groups, enrichment programs, and sport teams. We have requested use and rapidly told a flat no. Other schools in the district are not this way. The administration controls this and it is time for a change.

This is my child's 1st year at Sawnee, as we have been at a local Montessori school for years. Sawnee has excellent teachers, and my child's two teachers (she's in 5th grade) are two of the best teachers I have ever seen. I had actually requested that she be placed in her homeroom teacher's room, and we were thrilled when we found out that he would be her teacher this year! He teaches her Math and Science, and because of him, her grades have been excellent. And her teacher for ELA and Social studies is exceptional. Brilliant teacher, very creative and engaging who is close to being finished with her PhD. Plus both of them have excellent control of their classrooms (not an easy task, I know). But everyone, and I mean everyone, we work with from the school nurse, office support staff, Assistant Principal and the building maintenance staff ALL want the absolute best for my child. I wish we had moved to Forsyth County years ago just so we could have come to Sawnee Elementary sooner!

This was the best school ever I loved my daughter's Math teacher Mr.Pagan he helped her get a 92 and she used to not be all that good in Math Thanks Mr.Pagan!!!!

This is our first year at Sawnee. We love it! I have 3 children at the school and all have excellent teachers. We are so fortunate to attend such a great school in such a large county. We have tried private schools in the past and are so pleased to have made the decision to move to Sawnee Elementary!

Last modified Sawnee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.