Cumming, GA
Students enrolled: 1,658

Posted June 02, 2012
This was the best school ever I loved my daughter's Math teacher Mr.Pagan he helped her get a 92 and she used to not be all that good in Math Thanks Mr.Pagan!!!!

Posted November 04, 2010
This is our first year at Sawnee. We love it! I have 3 children at the school and all have excellent teachers. We are so fortunate to attend such a great school in such a large county. We have tried private schools in the past and are so pleased to have made the decision to move to Sawnee Elementary!

Sawnee Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2010
Closed minded management/school leadership. It seems that the hiring of migrating teachers from big cities are the ones holding this still rural school together. We need more competent professionals in the school system here in Forsyth county.

Posted April 19, 2010
Being a teacher myself, I am very critical of any elementary school. Sawnee has been a wonderful experience for my daughter. She has a solid foundation to the start of her education.

Posted September 16, 2009
This year is my son's 3rd year at Sawnee. He is a second grader. I have loved all his teachers from K-2. Great programs and the teachers are paying extra attention to my son's advance reeading needs. I am glad I enrolled him at Sawnee!

Posted July 15, 2009

Sawnee Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
Sawnee seems to be improving from a small rural school to a more competitive school due to the growth in the area. However, the class sizes are too large. My son had a first year teacher with 27 kids in her class. I noticed that all the other 4th grade and 5th grade classes this year also had 27+ kids. A teacher cannot truly teach 27 kids. When I called to speak to the Principal, I never received a call back. Also, in previous years they handled a bullying situtation very lightly. I would love to see this school succeed, however, with overcrowding, I do not see that happening. I am hoping that a charter school will be built soon.

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted February 08, 2008
My daughter loves this school, her grades are all 2's and 3's , The office is pleasure to deal with and the building is kept cleaner than most

Sawnee Elementary School
1616 Canton Hwy, Cumming, GA  30040
Last modified Sawnee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sawnee Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top