Cumming, GA
Students enrolled: 1,224
After care: No

Posted August 17, 2014
Awful awful school! all the Vickery schools are horrible for far too any reasons to list! I'd be on here all day if I had to list the issues I've had! The biggest problem we've had is the schools constant need to "label" your children! Everyone of My kids have different Learning needs, And they found a way to label each of them. To be honest it's the labeling they've made huge mistakes with! It is all about covering their tales! If I could afford private school for all of my children they would be no where near either of the vickery schools!

Posted May 07, 2014
VCMS has a compassionate administration team, caring teachers, wonderful parents, and awesome students just ask our parents and students! Under Principal Rohacek s leadership, VCMS has flourished , and it is consistently rated as one of the top middle schools in the state. To see for yourself, click on the link that follows. http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/CRCT-Statewide-Scores.aspx The school offers a rigorous curriculum as well as an extensive list of extracurricular activities and sports.

Vickery Creek Middle School 2

Posted December 07, 2013
I have 3 kids that have gone through VCMS and I can't wait for them to be done. This school is terrible. I would compare the Admin staff including the principal and vice principal to the TSA. They are among the rudest, lazy people I have ever dealt with. It's as if you are an imposition. Please do not EVER expect a phone call to be returned...they staff here simply don't care. There are some good teachers as with any school but every one of my kids has complained about teachers being on their cell phones while the kids have to watch a kiddie movie because apparently they are too "busy" to teach. If you can afford it...send your kid to private school.

Posted May 16, 2012
I thank god this is my last year at this horrible school due to redistricting. The teachers are sitting there all day texting, causing drama, talking about students, and the administration is completely unaware of this. One of my connections teachers sit there the whole class calling doctors and credit card companies while we sit there doing nothing the whole class. To be honest most of them don't even want to be there. I agree with the person who got iss for selling lolipops, the teacher who does the dance team does nothing but complain about how much she dislikes her home room and just loves her advanced classes, i'm in her home room. My language arts teacher choses favorites and if you try to ask him a question and he doesent like you he will tell you to go away. It also takes the gym teachers half of the class to take attendance because they are too busy whispering stuff into each others ears and laughing. The only really good teachers I have has this year are my spanish, and science teachers, they actually know how to teach. I hope I don't get iss for writing this review. :(

Vickery Creek Middle School 4

Posted January 19, 2012
We are very happy to have two children at VCMS. Both children are in all gifted classes. I have heard other complaints from parents with special needs children other than this site.

Posted September 22, 2011
I have had the misfortune of having two children in this school over the past few years and will be incredibly happy when the day comes I never have to dwell in the hallways again. It is more of a sporting institution than it will ever be an educational institution. If you have a child on the football team, they will gladly dumb down their schedule so school doesn't get in the way of sports. This year one of my son's teacher's disagreed with me over an issue I had regarding my son via email communication in the very beginning of the school year. The teacher has decided not to communicate with me at all now since we have differing opinions...refuses to take phone calls, respond to emails, etc., and when I brought the concern to the principal I was told there really wasn't a reason for me to need to contact the teacher directly. That is just one of many adventures I've had thanks to the incompetence of the staff and administration. The standards at that school, both professionally and academically, are horrific. I've lived in Forsyth County my entire life and this "school" makes me cringe just to drive past it.

Posted July 13, 2011
This school is horrible to anyone who's gifted, with special needs, or just different, I had ISS once for selling lollipops for the military because it was "interfering with dance team" I personally am glad to be here in my last year at vcms

Posted May 18, 2010
This is our second year at VCMS. I am extremely impressed with the quality of teachers and the counseling staff. Communication gets an A+. The gifted program is challenging and interesting to my daughter. The assignments allow her to use her creativity to learn. We moved from Gwinnett County to Forsyth Co., what a difference in the instruction and discipline in this school. As all the school systems in GA start to cut cost this next year, I am glad to be out of an already overcrowded county. Forsyth seems to have learned from the mistakes Gwinnett made during the years of rapid growth. Forsyth builds more schools instead of just expanding the ones they have. Although VCMS has about 1000 students it sure beats the 2900 students in the middle school we would have been in if we had stayed in Gwinnett.

Vickery Creek Middle School 3

Posted May 08, 2010
The person who posted that vcms was such a great school has obviously no learning problems or needs extra help. This school is ok if you can function with huge, overcrowded classrooms. If you have any special needs you do not need to be in this school. They cannot possibly give a student who needs help the attention they need. This is public school to the max.

Posted February 10, 2010

Vickery Creek Middle School
6240 Post Rd, Cumming, GA  30040
Last modified Vickery Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vickery Creek Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top