Dacula, GA

Dyer Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2015
I really do not care for this school and the teachers. I disagree with the other comments about the teachers really caring about the students. They might care if you have the perfect student, but a student who struggles academically, they don't seem to care or want to help. I finally took my son out of this school and started homeschooling him because they weren't willing to help him or give any ideas on what we could do at home to help him.

Dyer Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2015
I am not thrilled about the implementation of the "Chicago Math" pilot program. From my understanding this is the only school in the district that is practicing this, and these students are lost when they move on to middle school. Also the "common core " writing assignments seem to be forced, just to say they do it, but the assignments aren't necessarily structured for the strategy. Also, on an administrative level, it seems that we rarely get all of the information required to complete what the school is asking... for example, and this is one of MANY, they send an email asking to complete a parent survey of the school by "clicking the link". No link...then send another expressing the importance, again, no link...I think there were 3 or 4 emails before they get the link on the email. Sometimes it seems they hold themselves to a lower standard than they hold the students.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 17, 2014
The teachers at this school are invested and care about the students. I actually decided to send my son on a permissive because I couldn't imagine him going anywhere else. The teachers are excited about being there and seem to really enjoy working together.

Posted August 17, 2014
My friend just told me about this site after she posted a rating and i was surprised to see the rating. I only have great things to say about Dyer. They have really helped my child. They care and want every student to be successful.

Posted December 16, 2013
Dyer is AWESOME! My daughter attended this school from 1st -5th grade. Loved her teachers.

Dyer Elementary School 1

Posted June 28, 2013
My son and I did a tranfar the principal talk about his four frathers he said he wont to just like his four he said there was a lot of room and they are on the list with the tranfar he didn't make me feel so good about him he said they are not taking tranfar and I did a test to see what could happen if someone else call they said that they wear doing the tranfar after the told me they or not don't tranfur they don't tell the turth

Posted July 19, 2012
I have a daughter that has attended Dyers for kindergarden and for first grade.Both of her teachers has had a positive impact on her character.Her first grade teacher read to the class with such love and passion that every day this summer she has share moments of her teacher.The beauty of life and her new founded vocabulary has such great detail.This only could come from a wonderful teacher that makes every child feel like they are the greatest and far more...Thank you, "Mrs.Trumbull "for all the love that you have given. Mrs P.

Dyer Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2012
THIS IS A VERY TERIBBLE SCHOOL WILD KIDS GOSSIPER TEACHERS RACIES TEACHERS STOPETE PRINCIPLE I HATE THIS SCHOOL
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 01, 2011
Great school, pleasant environment, happy and well-educated children. It is evident at Dyer Elementary that the teachers and staff truly care about the children's well being and education.

Posted September 13, 2009

Dyer Elementary School
1707 Hurricane Shoals Rd, Dacula, GA  30019
Last modified Dyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dyer Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top