Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Majority of the teachers are just there for a paycheck there is probably only a handful of teachers that are really great ie. Mrs Dooley, Mrs. Patterson, Mrs Aleman to name a few of the good ones. I have been dealing with this school for 13 yrs and it's just gotten worst. So can't wait to be done with this school.

An ayudado mucho a mi hijo desde que ingresó .

My kids have been in 3 different schools in this area and I thought that they all seemed similar to the way that they teach and function. However I noticed a big improvement in my child when we transferred to Dyer. She jumped 3 reading levels with in 4 months which was amazing for me to witness. For a second grade we have one page front and back of homework for the week, and it can be done in one evening.

Same reason as one of the other parents. It's great if you have the perfect student. Not so much if you have a child who struggles academically. I also took my child out of this school and homeschooled for just that reason. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is a lot of homework which is great for the children's learning but a lot for a mother who is working and attending school full time with 2 kidnergarteners. :(

Wonderful school! They use a STEM format and engage the children in multiple activities to increase their level of learning. The teachers are very helpful and truly want to help your child learn. Great choice!!!

I am not thrilled about the implementation of the "Chicago Math" pilot program. From my understanding this is the only school in the district that is practicing this, and these students are lost when they move on to middle school. Also the "common core " writing assignments seem to be forced, just to say they do it, but the assignments aren't necessarily structured for the strategy. Also, on an administrative level, it seems that we rarely get all of the information required to complete what the school is asking... for example, and this is one of MANY, they send an email asking to complete a parent survey of the school by "clicking the link". No link...then send another expressing the importance, again, no link...I think there were 3 or 4 emails before they get the link on the email. Sometimes it seems they hold themselves to a lower standard than they hold the students.

The teachers at this school are invested and care about the students. I actually decided to send my son on a permissive because I couldn't imagine him going anywhere else. The teachers are excited about being there and seem to really enjoy working together.

My friend just told me about this site after she posted a rating and i was surprised to see the rating. I only have great things to say about Dyer. They have really helped my child. They care and want every student to be successful.

Dyer is AWESOME! My daughter attended this school from 1st -5th grade. Loved her teachers.

Last modified Dyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.