Dacula, GA
Students enrolled: 2,041

Posted January 25, 2015
I'd like to silence the false perception that Dacula isn't a top tier school. Dacula is a great school. The staff & admin are kind yet genuine people, that want every student to succeed past high school. The commons faculty members are very sweet people that encourage us to have big, big smiles in our faces everyday. The teachers here are helpful and drill us with the fact that we(the students) have the tools for success and only we can take the initiative to do so. Some students that may seem trouble some aren't judge as criminals like other schools might. No one is perfect. Here Dacula strives for everyone to have the chance for bright future. As for athletics, this school is a powerhouse from soccer to football. No short of talent here. This school is a great place to be. Glad to be a falcon.

Posted April 02, 2014
My son is graduating from Dacula High this year. Overall I have been pleased with the quality of education that he has received. My only complaint is with the counseling staff, although I can only speak to the quality of the counselor assigned to him, I'm not a fan.

Posted October 14, 2013
Dacula does a great job working with all students! The "Big Board" celebrates their accomplishments in and out of the classroom. The faculty is strong in content and care for the kids. All high schools have some problems with teenager-type issues, but the staff and student body do a great job to be accepting and caring to everyone. Our student body is very involved with the community. The test scores of Dacula continue to rise and are comparable or better than all other surrounding schools! Go Falcons!

Posted August 12, 2012
I am excited about the new principal. He seems to want to get the students more engaged and motivated about high school, which in turn will hopefully result in better grades and less behavioral issues. My daughter said on the first day of school there was a motivational speaker and the teachers had students to do ice breaking activities in addition to just going over the syllabus using a "speed dating" approach. She came home really excited about going back to school.

Dacula High School 3

Posted July 17, 2012
As a student of 3 different High Schoolsfrom two different states, I can say confidently that this school DOES have a drug problem. There are great teachers here. No other school I've been to has teachers like Dacula. However, there is a strong drug influence. The test scores are generally high because there is a greater devide between students with higher and students with lower grades. There is a high drop out rate. Also, many students are transferred to dacula from other schools, because they were ejected for behavior from their previous school. This is done so that the school may remain 5A, for football region purposes. This does nothing but feed the drug problem. There have been new staff members hired this past year that may show signs of improvement. So there may be hope of fixing the drug problem, but it is going to take a few years. Bottom line this school has great teachers, a drug problem, and hope for improvement.

Posted May 09, 2012
I love this school. And so do my boys. It has been a great experience and well worth the move

Dacula High School 2

Posted November 17, 2010
I would not advise anyone to send their children to Dacula High School. It's racist against white kids, teachers don't show interest in their students that are struggling, fights, overcrowding etc.

Dacula High School 2

Posted November 17, 2010
This high school is no place you would want to send your children! Fights, crowding, racial attitudes from blacks towards whites, teachers are not the kind of teachers you would want to teach to your children and I could go on an on.

Posted August 03, 2010
Dacula High School provides excellent academic opportunities and social advantages to their students. My son has attended this school for 2 years and I feel that he will be more than equip to compete on the university level. The teachers are really plugged in and interested in the success of the students. After reading many of the comments, I feel that much of the focus is extremely picky and petty. No school is perfect. It is a public school whose focus should be in providing our children with a strong academic foundation in a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning. Dacula High School is located in a beautiful close knit community that does just that! The football is a major focus, but it appears that football is a focus all over GA. So get over it....GO FALCONS!!

Dacula High School

Posted October 06, 2009
Both my girls attended Dacula and my husband and I were very impressed with the school

Dacula High School
123 Broad St, Dacula, GA  30019
Last modified Dacula High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dacula High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top