Dacula Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted May 30, 2013

My child attended Dacula Elementary for six years, and it was a wonderful experience for him. The teachers are highly qualified, as well as, caring. I'm grateful that he had the opportunity to be a student there.

Posted July 19, 2012

When the right opportunity comes I can't wait to put my soon to be 5th grader and soon to be 3rd greater in a better school. My child's kindergarten teacher would group the child by ethnicity during center time and I noticed it. I mentioned it to her during a parent/teacher conference and she just laughed it off. My son had a headache one day and told his teacher, she responded with I'm sure it does . That doesn t make me feel as a parent that you respect and love my child when they re in your care. In another situation with a different teacher I wrote her a question and she responded to my e-mail in a very rude and sarcastic manor and when I addressed it with proof in my hands excuses were made for that teacher instead of making me feel like as a parent I can address anything and get support as a parent and to make sure my child is in a good environment. 2011-2012 and the years before that were not good years and am not looking forward to another year with them. The bus driver was rude, mean with the kids. My daughter came home telling me, mommy the bus driver slammed on her brakes and we all hit the seats in front of us . They also get told to shut up by the bus driver

Posted March 10, 2011

My daughters, 8 and 10, have always attended DES. We love the school. The teachers are great and really keep in touch with the parents. There is a lot of parent participation in the classrooms. My 10yr old loves the Chorus program and Mrs. Leamon. They have a drama program which the children also love. All the teachers and staff seem to know all the children by name, despite the large enrollment. We're moving this summer and really hate to leave DES !!

Posted August 6, 2010

My 2 children attend DES in 2nd and 5th grade. Dacula Elementary has been a very positive experience - great teachers and staff. They make learning fun, have many organized resources for children that may need extra assistance. A very active PTA and an overall good school!

Posted March 23, 2010

To the parent who said there is no summer school program - you are WRONG! There is a summer school program! I am a parent and teacher at the school and have been for many years. There is also before and after school tutoring available throughout the school year. Individual teachers also are available for before and after school tutoring if needed.

Posted July 19, 2009

My son started Dacula Elementary at 5 years old and love the teachers and students. Dacula Elementary take pride in their student and use every avenue to help the student to acheive..Thank you DES.

Posted March 31, 2009

I have two children that attend DES. I feel that the school is great and that teachers are doing a fabulous job. Way to go Mrs. Weaver 1st grade and Mrs. Boozer Kindergarten

Posted February 12, 2009

We have had the best year at this school! My son's teachers are wonderful I am so glad that in is here!!!

Posted September 24, 2007

This is my child's second year at Dracula Elementary.Our family highly recommends Dacula Elementary School. We have read online the inside scoop about this school. We have checked the school's score and talked to many families in the community. Dacula Elementary was highly recommended online as well as in the community. Wow, our family really enjoys being a part of this school! It is a clean large school, with a close net community. The teachers and parents are highly involved in the students' learning process. The school offers extracurricular activities and academic programs for all levels. My child loves the Friday mornings' chess club and the after-school art program. Being a large school,the school's PTA used their fundraiser monies to purchased the school's security cameras.It shows us that the community loves their school and children seems happy as well.Over-all, we rate Dacula Elementary high marks.

Posted February 14, 2007

I have two children who go to Dacula Elementary, a kindergardner and a third grader. This is not a bad school but, I think they could add more activitites for the kids and most important they need more tutoring to help kids who fall behind and how about some free tutoring. We as parents today have so many expenses so it would be nice if they did not charge students that need extra help. Also a summer school program would be nice.

Posted September 19, 2006

My daughter started Kindergarten this year at Dacula Elementary. So far, I am very pleased. The teacher is very upfront about what they are doing in class and how they approach discipline. My only regret is that they don't have the time or resources to do music, art, computers, health, and physical education every day (instead of once a week). Her teacher encourages parent participation, which I hope to be able to get involved with. Overall, a great experience so far.

Posted July 23, 2006

This is a wonderful place for learning. The teachers are very supportive. This school welcomes parents with open arms. The communication has been tremendous (PTA meetings, emails, newsletters, phone calls etc.) The teachers go above and beyond. I have had 3 children to attend this school. One is still there. We have had an amazing experience. The academics, extracurricular activities and the parent voluteerism is the highest of any public school that I know of. This is an award winning school. It has high standards in all academic areas. Check the data! Better yet, get involved in the school if you have anything negative to say about Dacula Elementary, so that you can see the whole picture for yourself.

Posted May 15, 2006

As a parent of 2 students at DES, I am amazed at the criticism and unfairness of the last few comments. Apparently, you all didn't do your job as parents and consumers by shopping around for a school that meets your every whim and desire.Then again, there probably are not schools that exist to meet your petty expectations. Teachers are not miracle workers, nor are they perfect. Instead of attacking the system how about trying to be proactive. Become a partner with your child's teacher instead of seeing them as the enemy. If DES is unsatisfactory in your eyes, then do the rest of us a favor and homeschool. We don't want your negative attitude to ruin the rest of our children's experiences.

Posted April 28, 2006

'We moved here from another state and have a daughter at DES. Overall, I'm pleased with DES, but I do not feel the school is academically challenging for my daughter. DES needs more programs to address the needs of exceptional students of all ages.

Posted April 23, 2006

I have a child currently attending Dacula Elementary and I can say it has truly left a sour taste in my mouth. I found several errors on my sons' report card. I had to turn to another teacher to retest my son on the areas his teacher said he did not succeed in and she was stunned to say the least on how incorrect the report card was. I confronted the teacher and Vice Principal with problem and all they could say is sorry and we will make the corrections. Some of the teachers are merely working off their loan from UGA and then they are moving on from teaching. Parents make sure you look at every note, read each newsletter, evaluate and challenge these 'Teachers' at Dacula Elementary to teach the children. Your Childs education is at stake.

Posted April 19, 2006

I have a 2nd grader and 3rd grader who began their academic careers at Dacula. I was always pleased with the school but did not realize how awesome it was until moving out of state. Moving into a new school system it is so obvious that my children are well prepared and that Dacula was acedmically way above the standards of many other school systems. DES has an incredible teaching staff and is run amazaingly well. For a school its size it is incredibly well organized and the administrative staff does an amazing job of being present and making both the parents and kids feel well informed and safe. This is a great school!

Posted February 17, 2006

My comment to the parent with their 5th child going to DES and is unhappy is simple...MOVE! That would help begin to eliminate the overcrowding and cattle herding that your children are experiencing. Do you think overcrowding is the school's fault? Think again! The DES faculty goes over and beyond the call of duty to provide a quality education and community outreach to the diverse population they serve. It is a warm, loving, caring environment that embraces not only the students, but also their families and the Dacula community. Gwinnett is a fast growing county due in part to the school system's high academic standards. DES does a wonderful job preparing students for their future endeavors.They provide all of the seeds necessary for academic growth and development but also expect students to take personal responsibility for utilizing what they have learned and applying themselves. DES is great!

Posted January 21, 2006

This is our 5th child to enter DES. I have seen the school change dramatically over the past 7 years. It has become an overcrowded, unsafely understaffed cattle drive. Children are being overlooked and falling through the cracks of this great looking school. They are more concerned with school being fun than academics. If you think the middle and high schools are better talk to any number of the parents I know who had children graduate with A averages from high school only to flunk out of their first year of college because they are so ill prepared for real academics. Truly sad!

Posted November 8, 2005

We just moved from out of state to Dacula Elementary and was a little hesitant about my children going to a southern state school but i just want to say 'way to go ' I am very much impressed with the teachers and their readiness to help in any way possible to help these children achieve their goals. I feel this school is above it's standards in all aspects of learning. I feel comfortable knowing my children are in the hands of caring teachers and staff. My daughter attends Dacula MS and I feel the same towards her school. I am glad I have chosen 'Dacula' as my children's schools!

Posted October 24, 2005

I give Dacula Elementary an A! They were able to take excellent care of my sons special needs when no one else seemed to be able to. He is a little hyper but not enough to be labeled ADD or ADHD so he was not put into that catagory. He simply was put into a class with 2 teachers and 6 kids so that he could get the extra attention he needed. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

216 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

217 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

217 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

232 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

232 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

204 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

202 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

205 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

216 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

215 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

225 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

225 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

252 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2500 Fence Rd