Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My child has ADD and the school really came together to devise a plan for her that would give her the best opportunity to achieve at her highest potential. Parents, Administration and teachers come together easily. We are heard. We matter. Our concerns matter and most importantly, EVERY child matters to this school. We will only be leaving this school if we have to relocate.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Nash was my child's teacher last year.She went above and beyond to get our child not only caught up, but finishing 2nd grade with straight A's. I can already see that Mrs. Parker has a plan for success with no option of failing these students,.

Amount of homework: Agree

I believe that in order to compete and be prepared for college, homework is necessary. It isn't always convenient, but it will pay off.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Children and adults are held accountable at DES. Our children are taught to treat others with respect, to respect personal place and to do their best work.

My two daughters have attended since kindergarten and both love going to school each day. There is a great emphasis on parent involvement, making this feel like a tight-knit community. My second grader is in the FOCUS program and Mrs Vaughn does a fabulous job challenging her kids, while keeping the curriculum fun and fresh. Overall, extremely pleased with this school and its staff members.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They have little knowledge of the policies and if they are aware, they will not inform you until it is too late.

Lacks diversity and expects minorities to fail or be classified. There also appears to be academic bias in the curriculum. Although the kids are sitting in the same classrooms, everyone is not getting the same education and the statistic would make it clear who's getting the short end of the stick (minorities).

I love this school so much, and if I ever moved to a different school I would cry .

if you have a child with disability ADD or hearing lost or speech delay ,this will not be school that your want to put your kid ."this will be your worst nightmare " The principal don't know how to manege this tipe of situation but she will do her best to cover her self ", they don't go by the rules the brake a lot of laws and they manipulate the rules .they wont look @ you child as a child that need help or needs to be direct to a program that may help him with his, disability they seen him as a problem for the school . Teacher's are unprofessional there was a case with bullying and was brought up to their attention their answer, was their are kids ,this part of the consequence of my son behavior ,but they knew that his behavior was a manifestation of his disability teacher are very sarcastic with (parent) and mean with the kids . they scream at the kids because they ask a question I saw this with my own eyes at the front desk of the school.

I liked the school in the beginning of the year and loved her original teacher but I'm disappointed that my child had to be pulled into another new 1st grade class due to the amount of kids in the first grade and is not excelling with the new teacher. The administration should really monitor new teachers fresh out of school and ask for feedback from the parents as they may not be equipped with all the right skills for teaching.

Last modified Dacula Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.