Dacula, GA
Students enrolled: 1,324

Posted January 29, 2015
if you have a child with disability ADD or hearing lost or speech delay ,this will not be school that your want to put your kid ."this will be your worst nightmare " The principal don't know how to manege this tipe of situation but she will do her best to cover her self ", they don't go by the rules the brake a lot of laws and they manipulate the rules .they wont look @ you child as a child that need help or needs to be direct to a program that may help him with his, disability they seen him as a problem for the school . Teacher's are unprofessional there was a case with bullying and was brought up to their attention their answer, was their are kids ,this part of the consequence of my son behavior ,but they knew that his behavior was a manifestation of his disability teacher are very sarcastic with (parent) and mean with the kids . they scream at the kids because they ask a question I saw this with my own eyes at the front desk of the school.

Dacula Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2015
I liked the school in the beginning of the year and loved her original teacher but I'm disappointed that my child had to be pulled into another new 1st grade class due to the amount of kids in the first grade and is not excelling with the new teacher. The administration should really monitor new teachers fresh out of school and ask for feedback from the parents as they may not be equipped with all the right skills for teaching.

Posted January 07, 2015
A great school with amazing teachers. It feels like such a caring close knit community. Everyone has been so caring and accepting of my daughter's severe food allergies. Both my children have had great teachers who help them learn with teaching styles that fit their individual needs. My son loves science and he always had teachers who helped him explore deeper into math and science. My daughter loves singing and art, and she's always gotten teachers who encourage her creativity.

Posted November 23, 2014
Children with issues, even very young children, are not treated as if they need to learn but rather as if they are a problem. If your child possibly has an impairment causing behavior issues this is not the school for that child as they will be sent out of the room daily and miss the education and behavior modeling that is needed. A school that chooses to take the easy way out rather than educating all children should not be rated at a 9.

Posted May 30, 2013
My child attended Dacula Elementary for six years, and it was a wonderful experience for him. The teachers are highly qualified, as well as, caring. I'm grateful that he had the opportunity to be a student there.

Posted July 19, 2012
When the right opportunity comes I can't wait to put my soon to be 5th grader and soon to be 3rd greater in a better school. My child's kindergarten teacher would group the child by ethnicity during center time and I noticed it. I mentioned it to her during a parent/teacher conference and she just laughed it off. My son had a headache one day and told his teacher, she responded with I'm sure it does . That doesn t make me feel as a parent that you respect and love my child when they re in your care. In another situation with a different teacher I wrote her a question and she responded to my e-mail in a very rude and sarcastic manor and when I addressed it with proof in my hands excuses were made for that teacher instead of making me feel like as a parent I can address anything and get support as a parent and to make sure my child is in a good environment. 2011-2012 and the years before that were not good years and am not looking forward to another year with them. The bus driver was rude, mean with the kids. My daughter came home telling me, mommy the bus driver slammed on her brakes and we all hit the seats in front of us . They also get told to shut up by the bus driver
3 people found this helpful

Dacula Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2011
My daughters, 8 and 10, have always attended DES. We love the school. The teachers are great and really keep in touch with the parents. There is a lot of parent participation in the classrooms. My 10yr old loves the Chorus program and Mrs. Leamon. They have a drama program which the children also love. All the teachers and staff seem to know all the children by name, despite the large enrollment. We're moving this summer and really hate to leave DES !!

Posted August 06, 2010
My 2 children attend DES in 2nd and 5th grade. Dacula Elementary has been a very positive experience - great teachers and staff. They make learning fun, have many organized resources for children that may need extra assistance. A very active PTA and an overall good school!

Dacula Elementary School 0

Posted March 23, 2010
To the parent who said there is no summer school program - you are WRONG! There is a summer school program! I am a parent and teacher at the school and have been for many years. There is also before and after school tutoring available throughout the school year. Individual teachers also are available for before and after school tutoring if needed.

Posted November 24, 2009

Dacula Elementary School
2500 Fence Rd, Dacula, GA  30019
Last modified Dacula Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dacula Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top