Puckett's Mill Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2014
My school is Puckett's Mill Elementary. I have problems with administration more than teachers. The teachers do their best but are limited due to administration only care about the test scores and the school being the best than the rest. Which use to be the school motto and is still the concept of some of the administration. Children all work at different levels. If your child does not meet up to their standards they try to send your child to other schools. It is sad when educators and administration care about their scores as a school more than the children.

Puckett's Mill Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2013
Our experiences each year at PMES have always gone directly back to the teacher. While we have had mostly excellent teachers, we've had a not-so-good teacher or two as well. I wish the administrators would have a better understanding of "great teachers make great schools" and do more to recognize the excellence of some teachers while doing something to improve the bad ones.

Puckett's Mill Elementary School 1

Posted May 05, 2013
The last review sounds like it was written by a member of the staff. The school has changed a lot since it started. Yes there are some good teachers but there are also a lot of bad ones who don't seem to care. It seems that my daughter learned nothing at all this year.

Posted April 29, 2013
My daughter has attended PMES since it opened, she's always been challenged and with her natural drive wants to attain more and more at the encouragement of all of her teachers. I will be sad that we leave for middle school but at the same time I know she will do fine because of this school and the teachers - she is very well prepared!

Puckett's Mill Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2013
This school is a good example of what government can do to something worthwhile. The administration runs the school with little regard for the children. Teachers who were once outstanding seem to hide in the background as to not gain attention. Ambitious teachers seek to please the administrators at the expense of the children, and mediocre teachers may result to the bullying of students, possibly due to their frustrations. Even teachers in this school district quietly speak about how the system has deteriorated and feel helpless to make a difference. Material that was taught in third grade a few years ago will often not show up until fourth or fifth. And the material is completely skewed to what is currently politicly correct. Teachers spend a great deal of time in their classrooms teaching their students with videos. Or children can watch videos from home on various websites. If parents were to watch the videos for themselves or if they had any idea of what the curriculum was only a year ago, I would highly doubt that any of them would give this school a higher rating than I did.

Posted October 23, 2012
Puckett's Mill Elementary School is an outstanding school. The expectations of the teachers are high and therefore my children are receiving the best education. In addition, parents are always welcome to volunteer at the school. We are very fortunate to have not only the best teachers but the best administration.

Posted October 22, 2012
We have had a child at Puckett's Mill Elementary for three years now (K-2) and have had nothing but wonderful experiences. I volunteer in my child's classroom on a regular basis and have always been more than welcome to jump in whenever and where ever I can. As a former teacher myself, I understand the demands on public school teachers and administrators, so I feel extremely blessed to have my child at such a great school. I also love that the administration is professional, loving and, above all, approachable.

Posted October 22, 2012
I have three children at this school, and I could not be happier with my experience with the faculty and staff here. The expectation is excellence, and that is apparent throughout every aspect of this school. Parents are always encouraged to be involved, and there are many opportunities.

Posted October 22, 2012
I have two children at Puckett's Mill and am amazed by the quality education my children are getting at this school. The teachers, staff and administration are supportive, professional and most importantly love their chool and students. I feel very luck my children are receiving a top notch public education.

Posted October 22, 2012
I have 2 children at Pucketts Mill and we love it! All of the teachers my girls have had were caring, thoughtful and expected the best out of them. We have been very happy with all of the staff and feel lucky to go to Pucketts Mill!

Puckett's Mill Elementary School
2442 S Pucketts Mill Rd, Dacula, GA  30019
Last modified Puckett's Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Puckett's Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top