Posted February 24, 2012
We like the school. Our son is in Kindergarten and is doing well, being challenged and the communication between the school and the parents is excellent. In addition our communication with our son's teacher is excellent as well.

Lumpkin County Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2011
For Georgia Schools...this is a good one..however it does not meet my expectations. I'm from the North, and by far there is no comparison to northern education. The lack of discipline here at this school floors me. It's all about positive reinforcement.

Posted August 05, 2009

Lumpkin County Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2009
As a parent, we all want to have our children surrounded by those who believe in them. I was very shaken to move to the area and after a transfer in to LCES, be hastily told that my child may be held back in K. Four days after the move (!) & with little evaluation. This may be a knee-jerk reaction for a parent of a kindergartner but I think this was premature & believe in my childs ability to rise to the standard. I love the kindegarten curriculum & hope that my initial experience does not mean that my child has been slotted as unsalvageable. The child in question has an amazing vocabulary and is super bright, just shuffled about too much this fundamental year. I'll follow up as the school year wraps to share my impressions of the staff in regards to struggling kids in K!

Lumpkin County Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2008
My son attended LCES for his 2nd grade school year. The communication with the teacher was great, but communication with the principal, nurse, and other staff was awful. I even had a teacher yell at me for parking in her spot my very first day there.. how was I supposed to know it was 'her spot' there are no signs!! I am really dissapointed with the school and will try to transfer back to Blackburn next year..

Posted February 21, 2005
Lumpkin County Elementary School may not be keeping up with the Jones's, but it's got heart. Can a school run on heart alone? LCES certainly nurtures the young mind as well. Our family moved away from the city because we felt that the priorities of the mainstream were anything but straight. There, you had to be somewhat heartless to survive. In Lumpkin County as well as LCES, we have been refreshed by the simplicity and yet the total accountability. These children are not unknown by the faculty. Having, through my occupation, experienced some of the extending services of the school, I feel confident that every child is well served and respected. I have two children attending LCES who are having wonderful classroom experiences this year. Their grades are high and they are happy. This beats being proficient in seven different languages any day!

Lumpkin County Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2005
It is true that mostly everyone is nice at LCEM. If that was my only requirement for my son's education I would not have much to complain about, but that is not the case. My son started K this year and supposedly has one of the best teachers. I agree she is nice but great is not something I would say. In truth the whole school has been a let down. I made the mistake of assuming that since my education at the college seemed advanced and modern that the county school would follow in the same footsteps. I have found it is just a nice country school that really does not offer an advanced education. The school does not offer language for K and the extracurricular courses are just basic. I also feel the class size drastically slows down the rate of learning and advancment, most importantly individual attention.

Posted August 06, 2004
My son attended 1st grade last year at LCEM and had a wonderful experience. He loved the school and everything about it. He is so excited about going back next week and this year his little sister starts Kindergarten there as well. We are transplants to Lumpkin County and are more than pleased with this school than the previous one our son was at. Everyone here is so nice, helpful and you can tell they love the kids! That makes a huge difference and LCEM does a great job!

Lumpkin County Elementary School 3

Posted July 28, 2004
My son went to Lumpkin County Elementary for only a short time before I pulled him out. We were not happy with the many of the school's policies. The most alarming to me is the bussing system. The elementary students are released from school first. At this time they wait on the bus for the middle school students and then the high school students in the heat or cold. They are all bussed home together. There is one driver and no helper to watch the children. The ride home became a horrible experience for my son. He loves to learn and was very excited about starting school, but after being bullied on the bus and being exposed to many inappropriate behaviors, such as games of 'truth or dare' he no longer wanted to go to school. The problem was discussed with the appropriate people, and I was told nothing could be changed.

Posted December 13, 2003
not only have all 3 of my children attended this school, so did i. over the years there has been tremendous growth in the school but they still put the children's safety and education above all

Lumpkin County Elementary School
153 School Dr, Dahlonega, GA  30533
Last modified Lumpkin County Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lumpkin County Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top