Dahlonega, GA

Posted April 16, 2015
This site is a place for parents who have issues to voice them. I do realize, that in a school with 500-600 students, there are going to be some parents who have had bad experiences, but this is not the norm at LCES. I find it sad that a parent with three children here has nothing positive to say about the six teachers that educate and care for her children each day. I'm sure that all six teachers are not "bad" teachers. An overwhelming majority of LCES teachers pour their life in to the education of their students. These teachers spend much more than their work hours planning and thinking of the children they see day in and day out. My son has had an amazing experience with top notch teachers. When he entered kindergarten, he was already reading. His kindergarten teacher arranged for him to read chapter books to a tutor several times a week so he could continue to excel. His first grade teacher continued to foster a challenging and creative learning environment, while always showing him love and patience. Now in second grade, he has a teacher who has high expectations for him and pushes him in areas in which he needs to improve. My son loves school and I am very happy with LCES!

Posted March 27, 2015
Very disappointed this year. My kindergartener has a teacher who doesn't seem to want to be there. My 2nd grader has a teacher who 1. doesn't do things because she has for X number of years and doesn't want to again and 2. uses other students as tattle tails to monitor students. My fourth grader isn't allowed to use the rest room or blow his nose because it is too disruptive. Really? My kids move from school to school often as it is, if not not, I would be pulling them.

Lumpkin County Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
I CANT SAY ENOUGH OF HOW BAD AND RUDE THIS SCHOOL IS AND THE STAFF. MY CHILD HAS SPECIAL NEEDS AND THE SCHOOL HAS NO IDEA HOW TO HANDLE HIM.

Posted February 24, 2012
We like the school. Our son is in Kindergarten and is doing well, being challenged and the communication between the school and the parents is excellent. In addition our communication with our son's teacher is excellent as well.

Lumpkin County Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2011
For Georgia Schools...this is a good one..however it does not meet my expectations. I'm from the North, and by far there is no comparison to northern education. The lack of discipline here at this school floors me. It's all about positive reinforcement.

Lumpkin County Elementary School

Posted February 11, 2009
As a parent, we all want to have our children surrounded by those who believe in them. I was very shaken to move to the area and after a transfer in to LCES, be hastily told that my child may be held back in K. Four days after the move (!) & with little evaluation. This may be a knee-jerk reaction for a parent of a kindergartner but I think this was premature & believe in my childs ability to rise to the standard. I love the kindegarten curriculum & hope that my initial experience does not mean that my child has been slotted as unsalvageable. The child in question has an amazing vocabulary and is super bright, just shuffled about too much this fundamental year. I'll follow up as the school year wraps to share my impressions of the staff in regards to struggling kids in K!

Posted April 23, 2008
My son attended LCES for his 2nd grade school year. The communication with the teacher was great, but communication with the principal, nurse, and other staff was awful. I even had a teacher yell at me for parking in her spot my very first day there.. how was I supposed to know it was 'her spot' there are no signs!! I am really dissapointed with the school and will try to transfer back to Blackburn next year..

Posted February 21, 2005
Lumpkin County Elementary School may not be keeping up with the Jones's, but it's got heart. Can a school run on heart alone? LCES certainly nurtures the young mind as well. Our family moved away from the city because we felt that the priorities of the mainstream were anything but straight. There, you had to be somewhat heartless to survive. In Lumpkin County as well as LCES, we have been refreshed by the simplicity and yet the total accountability. These children are not unknown by the faculty. Having, through my occupation, experienced some of the extending services of the school, I feel confident that every child is well served and respected. I have two children attending LCES who are having wonderful classroom experiences this year. Their grades are high and they are happy. This beats being proficient in seven different languages any day!

Posted February 10, 2005
It is true that mostly everyone is nice at LCEM. If that was my only requirement for my son's education I would not have much to complain about, but that is not the case. My son started K this year and supposedly has one of the best teachers. I agree she is nice but great is not something I would say. In truth the whole school has been a let down. I made the mistake of assuming that since my education at the college seemed advanced and modern that the county school would follow in the same footsteps. I have found it is just a nice country school that really does not offer an advanced education. The school does not offer language for K and the extracurricular courses are just basic. I also feel the class size drastically slows down the rate of learning and advancment, most importantly individual attention.

Posted August 06, 2004
My son attended 1st grade last year at LCEM and had a wonderful experience. He loved the school and everything about it. He is so excited about going back next week and this year his little sister starts Kindergarten there as well. We are transplants to Lumpkin County and are more than pleased with this school than the previous one our son was at. Everyone here is so nice, helpful and you can tell they love the kids! That makes a huge difference and LCEM does a great job!

Lumpkin County Elementary School
153 School Dr, Dahlonega, GA  30533
Last modified Lumpkin County Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lumpkin County Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top