Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My 3 children were nurtured and challenged emotionally and academically in this environment. Our experience was not perfect for every grade, but overall they were prepared for the future and taken care of by dedicated teachers.

My Daughter just finished second grade with an A avg in all subjects. She became an avid reader and at the same time continued to develop in all of the important aspects one would expect and hope for. My Wife and I worked with her and encouraged her efforts but we have to attribute a great deal of her development to the teaching staff at LCES. We could not be more pleased with the efforts demonstrated by this caring staff of professionals. Our Daughter (as well as my Wife and myself) are looking forward to another great year.

This site is a place for parents who have issues to voice them. I do realize, that in a school with 500-600 students, there are going to be some parents who have had bad experiences, but this is not the norm at LCES. I find it sad that a parent with three children here has nothing positive to say about the six teachers that educate and care for her children each day. I'm sure that all six teachers are not "bad" teachers. An overwhelming majority of LCES teachers pour their life in to the education of their students. These teachers spend much more than their work hours planning and thinking of the children they see day in and day out. My son has had an amazing experience with top notch teachers. When he entered kindergarten, he was already reading. His kindergarten teacher arranged for him to read chapter books to a tutor several times a week so he could continue to excel. His first grade teacher continued to foster a challenging and creative learning environment, while always showing him love and patience. Now in second grade, he has a teacher who has high expectations for him and pushes him in areas in which he needs to improve. My son loves school and I am very happy with LCES!

Very disappointed this year. My kindergartener has a teacher who doesn't seem to want to be there. My 2nd grader has a teacher who 1. doesn't do things because she has for X number of years and doesn't want to again and 2. uses other students as tattle tails to monitor students. My fourth grader isn't allowed to use the rest room or blow his nose because it is too disruptive. Really? My kids move from school to school often as it is, if not not, I would be pulling them.

I CANT SAY ENOUGH OF HOW BAD AND RUDE THIS SCHOOL IS AND THE STAFF. MY CHILD HAS SPECIAL NEEDS AND THE SCHOOL HAS NO IDEA HOW TO HANDLE HIM.

We like the school. Our son is in Kindergarten and is doing well, being challenged and the communication between the school and the parents is excellent. In addition our communication with our son's teacher is excellent as well.

For Georgia Schools...this is a good one..however it does not meet my expectations. I'm from the North, and by far there is no comparison to northern education. The lack of discipline here at this school floors me. It's all about positive reinforcement.

As a parent, we all want to have our children surrounded by those who believe in them. I was very shaken to move to the area and after a transfer in to LCES, be hastily told that my child may be held back in K. Four days after the move (!) & with little evaluation. This may be a knee-jerk reaction for a parent of a kindergartner but I think this was premature & believe in my childs ability to rise to the standard. I love the kindegarten curriculum & hope that my initial experience does not mean that my child has been slotted as unsalvageable. The child in question has an amazing vocabulary and is super bright, just shuffled about too much this fundamental year. I'll follow up as the school year wraps to share my impressions of the staff in regards to struggling kids in K!

My son attended LCES for his 2nd grade school year. The communication with the teacher was great, but communication with the principal, nurse, and other staff was awful. I even had a teacher yell at me for parking in her spot my very first day there.. how was I supposed to know it was 'her spot' there are no signs!! I am really dissapointed with the school and will try to transfer back to Blackburn next year..

Last modified Lumpkin County Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.