Bad
Good

Lumpkin County High School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
I attended LCHS as a freshman and I can honestly say I hated it. The students are so rude and the administrators do absolutely nothing about it. They have teachers who can't teach their own subject which caused me to do very poorly. After I left LCHS, I transferred to Holy Innocent's Episcopal School in Sandy Springs and I had so much trouble there because I never really learned anything at Lumpkin! But now I can say I'm whole lot better off academically at HIES than I was at LCHS. LCHS is NOT a good school.

Lumpkin County High School 4

Posted September 02, 2013
It is a great school with a good sports progam except for coach matthews he is not a football coach and the progam would be alot better off without him he should be in the stands as a parent not on the field as a couch

Posted June 13, 2011
I just graduated from Lumpkin County.. I was a part of the marching band for all 4 years of schooling and i enjoyed every aspect of the school. We had teachers that were not the greatest but they tried hard to help you and if they were unable, then they would ask other teachers in the department to assist them. They have many AP and honors classes so if you want a good high school, come to Lumpkin County High. Class of 2011

Posted December 29, 2008
I love this school it is amazing. The changes in the school the last two years are great and our school is getting better every day. The yearbook staff is a great way to learn amazing leadership skills, responcibility, how to run a buissness, and work together as a team to obtain the same goal; an amazing yearbook.

Posted April 04, 2008
LCHS is a great school if your looking for a small great little town. The JROTC program is the best program to put your kids in it will help them to develop leadership skill and dicipline skill it is a great program. The teachers there are willoing to help you with anything you need. I'm cadet staff sergant Daughtry

Lumpkin County High School 4

Posted April 19, 2005
LCHS is a great school if you are looking for a small town atmoshpere upbringing. As in every school there are good and bad aspects, however the foundation for a good future to be built is present. The town is growing and with this fact the schools are getting bigger and receiving more funds so things are looking brighter for the future. I am not a parent but an alumni of 2004, and I wouldn't trade my experience at LCHS for the world. I have gone from the small tow to the big city and everything that I learned there is still evident in my daily life.

Lumpkin County High School 2

Posted February 01, 2005
Most of the teachers are worthless. They are nice, but it is unbelievably easy to make good grades. The new principal is good, The only good teachers left working there are Ms. Tipton and Ms. Whitt (english), Mrs. Nix (history), and Coach Berry (chemistry). If you are looking for a good education, or good athletic programs head elsewhere. If you are looking for an easy school to pad your transcript, look no further. (Unless of course you want to be in AP or IB classes, not offered except a select few courses).

Posted January 29, 2005
This is overall a nice school. It has it's up and downs but it's cool.

Lumpkin County High School
2001 Indian Dr, Dahlonega, GA  30533
Last modified Lumpkin County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.