Posted July 31, 2014
The best thing about this school is the teachers... They really care about every student and treat everyone properly. When I went to Herschel, (this year) it was a great school and it was very organized and taught me very well. This school has made me want to Attend school daily, I love it and you will to

Herschel Jones Middle School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
The Principal and staff are courteous and seem to really care. This older school has had issues in the past. It is clean but like every school in GA they do not have proper bathroom supplies or HOT water; and they smell. The children are the main issue. My son says, to his knowledge there is no drugs but there is a lot of student to student querulous and bearish attitudes. The lunches are ok but not great. (awful)Milk is offered but not clean water. Health & nutrition is not a high priority, same with other GA schools. This would be a 4 or 5 star school if they worked on bringing it up on these areas and monitored kids a bit better. Overall not a bad place.

Posted April 02, 2014
Herschel Jones is a great school. The teachers and the whole staff do a excellent job. My children are doing great and their grades are good. They also offer extra help for those student who are struggling . My children love their school and their teachers.

Herschel Jones Middle School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
If I could give no stars I would. We moved from Cobb to Paulding in 2005. My daughter attended 6th through 8th grades here and the entire experience was Horrific! The students were a bunch of illiterate bullies and the staff was completely inept. My child was jumped by a group girls on her first day there and was suspended from school for defending herself. They need to shut this dump down and start from scratch.

Posted August 29, 2013
I am currently a student at Herschel Jones Middle School, and I can tell you now it isn't the richest school around, but it's definitely the best. Our test scores improve more and more each year, and they're the best they've been since the school was founded. The teachers adjust their teaching styles to equip their students with a fine education, and although I do wish they'd have more diverse club and sports programs, I know we can beat any school with our test scores, even without an iPad for each student and laptops at your beck and call. As a student, I've gotten the best education that can be provided, and love the teachers as if they are my own family. We have a fine group here at Herschel Jones, students, staff, and all.

Posted July 09, 2012
Middle school is a very difficult age to teach. It is a time of great change in a child's life. We just finished our 6th year at HJMS (between 2 kids). Over all it was a good experience. The present administration is a plus. The principal talks to the students like they are people and not automatically a problem. In 6 years we only had an issue with one teacher and she is no longer there. We are going to miss HJMS.....but time to move on to high school.

Posted October 22, 2011
Wonderful school! The rating does not match the greatness of the administrators and teachers - so don't judge a book by its cover. The teachers work hard to teach the students. The Principal and administrators are a great support. The only problem is that this school is poorly funded and not a lot of parents join the PTSA. Parents need to GET and STAY involved.

Posted September 18, 2010
We love the school and all of the dedicated teachers. Great programs and a fantastic staff.

Posted August 11, 2010
We moved from Cherokee Co. to Paulding County last year and we have 2 students attending Herschel Jones. The teachers seem to really care about my sons and their academic achievement. I am not happy that they cut out the sports programs this year though. I think sports are a very important!! But overall I think this is an excellent school.

Posted March 27, 2010
I have worked at Jones for 4 years now, and it is by far the best school I've ever worked for. The staff members are a family who deeply care about each other, the students, and the community. Don't judge a book by its cover - we are an old school, but we have so much to offer. Our science building and new building/cafe are gorgeous! The principal (Mr. Wilcox) is highly involved, and wants the best for the students. We made AYP in 2009, and have been working hard to make it again in 2010. Our 8th grade writing scores have improved from 63% to 75% meeting or exceeding (4th in the county) in just one year. The teachers are dedicated to the success of the students, and work hard to ensure that all children get a quality education. I'd send my kids here in a heartbeat!

Herschel Jones Middle School
100 Stadium Dr, Dallas, GA  30132
Last modified Herschel Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herschel Jones Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top