Dallas, GA

Herschel Jones Middle School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 15, 2015
Although the Administrators aren't much to write home about from a Student's perspective, the teachers are amazing. I am currently a student here, and at the beginning of my Middle School year I was in the middle of a bullying scuffle that lasted all throughout sixth grade and into seventh. The administrators decided to solve this by separating me from my long-time friends and practically sticking me by my lonesome in a class full of the same people who had taunted and tortured me in sixth grade. To say the least, I was not impressed, and quite upset. However, the teachers truly care for their students, and encourage them in any way possible. Some teachers may be quite biased towards what some would view as the 'popular kids', others didn't put up with any nonsense and commanded absolute respect from their pupils. The teachers really get to know their students, and that, combined with the mostly friendly children in the Advanced program, make up for the not-so great surroundings and some of the more questionable students in the regular program. Although rough around the edges in the beginning, I do not regret attending this school, and you won't either.

Posted July 31, 2014
The best thing about this school is the teachers... They really care about every student and treat everyone properly. When I went to Herschel, (this year) it was a great school and it was very organized and taught me very well. This school has made me want to Attend school daily, I love it and you will to

Herschel Jones Middle School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
The Principal and staff are courteous and seem to really care. This older school has had issues in the past. It is clean but like every school in GA they do not have proper bathroom supplies or HOT water; and they smell. The children are the main issue. My son says, to his knowledge there is no drugs but there is a lot of student to student querulous and bearish attitudes. The lunches are ok but not great. (awful)Milk is offered but not clean water. Health & nutrition is not a high priority, same with other GA schools. This would be a 4 or 5 star school if they worked on bringing it up on these areas and monitored kids a bit better. Overall not a bad place.

Posted April 02, 2014
Herschel Jones is a great school. The teachers and the whole staff do a excellent job. My children are doing great and their grades are good. They also offer extra help for those student who are struggling . My children love their school and their teachers.

Herschel Jones Middle School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
If I could give no stars I would. We moved from Cobb to Paulding in 2005. My daughter attended 6th through 8th grades here and the entire experience was Horrific! The students were a bunch of illiterate bullies and the staff was completely inept. My child was jumped by a group girls on her first day there and was suspended from school for defending herself. They need to shut this dump down and start from scratch.

Posted August 29, 2013
I am currently a student at Herschel Jones Middle School, and I can tell you now it isn't the richest school around, but it's definitely the best. Our test scores improve more and more each year, and they're the best they've been since the school was founded. The teachers adjust their teaching styles to equip their students with a fine education, and although I do wish they'd have more diverse club and sports programs, I know we can beat any school with our test scores, even without an iPad for each student and laptops at your beck and call. As a student, I've gotten the best education that can be provided, and love the teachers as if they are my own family. We have a fine group here at Herschel Jones, students, staff, and all.

Herschel Jones Middle School 2

Posted October 04, 2012
I Cant Say That I ' ve Had Even One Good Day Here. The Priciples Suckk , The Teachers Suckk -_- , Honestly , Theres Nothingg Good About This School , && Thats Just My Honest Opinion . . We Have A New Principle That Thinkss He Has His Way With Students . . Well Not All , Because I Dont Like HIm . ( : He Swears Hes Fair . . No . . . Ur Not . Just Between Me && Yuu (: Matter Of Fact , IM SITTN IN ISS Right NOW Because Of Him ( : Just Thought I 'd Stop By && Give You All An Update On This Place ^_^ Not As "Cool" As You May Thinkk .. . ~M. Frasier~

Posted July 09, 2012
Middle school is a very difficult age to teach. It is a time of great change in a child's life. We just finished our 6th year at HJMS (between 2 kids). Over all it was a good experience. The present administration is a plus. The principal talks to the students like they are people and not automatically a problem. In 6 years we only had an issue with one teacher and she is no longer there. We are going to miss HJMS.....but time to move on to high school.

Posted October 22, 2011
Wonderful school! The rating does not match the greatness of the administrators and teachers - so don't judge a book by its cover. The teachers work hard to teach the students. The Principal and administrators are a great support. The only problem is that this school is poorly funded and not a lot of parents join the PTSA. Parents need to GET and STAY involved.

Posted September 18, 2010
We love the school and all of the dedicated teachers. Great programs and a fantastic staff.

Herschel Jones Middle School
100 Stadium Dr, Dallas, GA  30132
Last modified Herschel Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herschel Jones Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top