North Paulding High School

Public | 9-12

Posted May 21, 2014

I have a junior and a senior at NPHS and we are so disappointed with several aspects of this campus. The design and traffic is ridiculous. The ladies in the front office are very rude and inconsiderate. There are some great teachers here, but they are overshadowed by all the mediocre ones.

Posted October 25, 2013

This school is a wonderful school, with opportunity for some improvement. The band and athletic programs are top notch (although highly expensive) and the AP and Honors curriculum choices are great. My daughter is thriving at this school and we couldn't be more pleased with our choice to move to the area this year. The front office staff is always a bit less than friendly and I have watched multiple times as they appear "put out" with each successive request. The campus is nice, with an amazing pastoral view of grazing cows nearby. The website is slow to update, and not really interactive. All in all, a solid school with well mannered kids, low crime, and a solid parental backing.

Posted September 2, 2013

I am a retired teacher, counselor and administrator. I met with my grandson and granddaughter's assistant principal and counselor. I was extremely impressed with the caring attitude, assistance and knowledge that they both displayed through out the entire conference. They didn't hurry us through the meeting and did everything possible to make sure my grandchildren adjust well to a new school in a new state. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a staff that goes the extra mile to ensure students are successful.

Posted January 25, 2013

I agree with the last 2 comments wholeheartedly. I consider myself to be an involved parent and haven't had the greatest interaction with Administration at the school, particularly VP and Principal. My honor student had an issue at school which the school kept me out of the loop on until it became a disciplinary matter and as I tried to resolve it I got push back from administration until I threatened to bring my unanswered questions to the Accreditation meeting. I received a call back from the Education Board over NP High who basically tried to appease me with political double talk but I still never received an adequate resolution to the issue. I have had to make it very clear should an issue arise in the future I need to be part of the process from day one. I don't have a lot of faith in the leadership team.

Posted September 20, 2012

I agree that this school is a disappointment. I have seen a change the last couple of years. I currently have a senior and a freshman. I was happy when my daughter was a freshman and sophomore, but things have gone down hill since. The teachers don't seem to care about the students (there are a few exceptions). I rarely get any communication from the teachers. The website is never updated, so I feel completely out of touch. I know these are teenagers, but they are still our children, and there still are parents out there who care about their education. I really had hoped that things would change when the new principal came on board, but he is huge disappointment as well.

Posted March 7, 2012

This school is a disappointment to say the least. There are problems with teachers that are not being addressed by the Administration. Very few clubs for the kids. Agree totally with the previous reviewer. Its the new school so everyone was excited to get their child into NP. But what a let down to our students and parents. Teachers need to be monitored and reviewed. Lack of support for parents who have concerns. If you want to feel like you don't have a say about your childs education, then this schools for you. If you have the funds Private is your best bet or if you're moving to the area Cobb County has far better quality teachers and Administration.

Posted November 2, 2011

If you have children and are moving to the area, consider Cobb County instead. Paulding County schools, including North Paulding High School have consistently disappointed. The teachers (with a few exceptions) and administrators are more focused on asking for money than teaching and inspiring students. We have experienced not having enough books or chairs for classrooms for example, and no sense of urgency about correcting such problems. When problems are brought to the attention of administrators, they are treated as an inconvenience rather then an opportunity for improvement. The only positive comment is that the schools are generally safe.

Posted January 24, 2010

My son goes to this school and loves it loves it loves it. I think this is the best high school in the county. The teachers and staff are great. I feel he is getting a quality education here. He is very involved with sports and band and really enjoys it.

Posted November 1, 2009

North Paulding is fantastic! My daughter started last November there, because we had moved. The teachers and all the staff are great and very caring. We love it.

Posted August 20, 2009

This school has been almost like going to a private school with everything new, excited teachers and alot of individual attention. As each grade is added this may change, but right now the students at this school have been given lot of titles of acheivement for test scores. They have been some of the highest in the County and in the top with state scores. It is a rural area with a few new subdivisions, but one of the wealthier areas of Paulding County. There is nothing wrong with good old Country people who still believe in working hard for their rewards or just to have a good life. We have well behaved students and very supportive families for a High School. It has been along time since I have seen this much Parent support in a High School.

Posted May 29, 2009

This school is Ok for those that live in the area that is mostly country. So having a new school for them is great. The education is ok but not great. schools that i have been to in dekalb county are better than this just because its new its really not all that great and its opposite a farm. i mean come on. and the extra curricular activities are limited and the principles don't treat everyone equally. also academic clubs aren't that great either so really its ok if your planning to go to chattahochee technical college and become a farmer across the street from the school
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 22, 2009

I go to this schooll and it is great. The building is brand new and everyone treats you very nice and grown up. Also, There is many different classes offered so you have a wide variety.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 4, 2008

Wonderfull School Wonderfull Area.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

354 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

355 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

355 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

354 students were tested at this school in 2011.

n/a
Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

457 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

369 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

355 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

392 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

439 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

182 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

355 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

172 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

350 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

300 N Paulding Dr