Dalton, GA

Posted January 15, 2015
Our students learn at a high level through several hands on activities. Students and faculty are extremely humble.

Valley Point Middle School 2

Posted May 06, 2010
Nothing great about this school. Its clean but not talented. The athletes as well as band and chorus stink. Teachers have some good methods but most of the time they're bad.

Posted December 04, 2006
I am enrolled at Valley Point. I am an honor student. I get teased for being a 'goodie-good', a 'know-it-all', a 'smartie-pants', and other names in that sort. I owe most of that intelligence to Whitfield County Schools. I went to Dug Gap for grades K-4. The 5th grade was spent in Ringold at Tiger Creek. I then moved to REd Bank middle Scholl In Hixsonfor 6th grade and the first 4 1/2 months of the 7th grade. I moved back to Dalton then and I felt at home again. Now I am in the 8th grade and I am the happiest person I know. I believe Valley Point has something to do with that. I believe that out of all of the schools I've seen and that I've been to, Whitfield county schools is where I feel at home!!

Posted March 24, 2005
Hello my name is Alexis Reed and im an 8th grader at VPMS. Our school is real cool.We provide art, technology, computers, band, chorus,and PE.Our sports team stinks except for our soccor team they havnt lost a game yet , so far. Our food is realy good. chorus just came back from a competition, we dont know how we did yet but you can mail me and find.Our academics teachers are very strict but you learn a lot. Classes arn't very hard at all. The principal and assistant need to spend more time with the students , and we need to have more pep rallys instead of having 3 all year. Parents are very involved in or PTO program (parent teacher Organization).Now you know about VPMS. Come and visit sometime.

Valley Point Middle School 4

Posted February 23, 2005
I think Valley Point middle School is a great school. Most of the teachers are cool but since im in 8th grade, they dont take any excuses. The classes are sometimes fun and sometimes hard. There are lots of people you can be friends with. I love playing sports for Valley Point even though we dont win most of the games. The coaches are cool and make the sport fun. The one thing I was really excited about was that Valley Point finally have a baseball team. The parents are very involved, too. Overall, this is a great school.

Valley Point Middle School 2

Posted February 16, 2005
The teachers in this school are excellant. They really care and work hard with the students. The principal and the assistant are not connected to the students. The discipline is very poor and there is little or no support of its staff or of its subs. This has lead to the lack of subs coming into the school and forcing regular teachers to cover the classes when they could be doing class schedules for themselves and their students. The children know that there is no support so you have children getting up and leaving class at will, cont. misbehaviors, destruction of personal and school property, bulling that is not handled in a professional matter, ect. They are more concerned about numbers then the actual problems. There is little or no parental involvement and when problems are brought forth the are not dealt with in a professional manner.Look into this.

Valley Point Middle School 3

Posted October 02, 2004
Hello this is Jennifer Mckinney. I attend Valley Point Middle School. The school overall is pretty good. I love the paintings on the walls and everything. The teachers are ok but some are a little too srict. I just want to say please lighten up on the dress code everyone hates it. but overall Valley Point is a good school for your child to go to. You do exceed expectations (except in the football team cause we stink at football)The principal is very strict!but o well. You have now been told what I think about my school. I hoped you enjoyed reading this.

Posted July 21, 2003
Ithink that valley point is a great school and has great safty and discipline I love my kids going to valley point middle knowing that my kids are going to be safe and I think that valley point is a one of a kind school and all kids should go thier.

Valley Point Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2003
This is a school actively engaged in the Learning Focused School process! The administration is top notch; the teachers are of excellent quality, and the education your child receives will not disappoint you!

Valley Point Middle School
3796 S Dixie Rd, Dalton, GA  30721
Last modified Valley Point Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Point Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top