Dalton, GA

Varnell Elementary School 3

Posted January 22, 2013
The last post was March 5,2012.Seems nothing is happening at Varnell. Depend to much on outside influence on important decisions.

Posted December 31, 2011
My daughter is in 4th grade and has attended Varnell since kindergarten. Each and every teacher she has loved and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the teachers we have dealt with at this school. They truly love teaching and are the reason why my daughter loves going to school each day.

Posted August 31, 2011
My daughter Mikayla Crider just started kindergarden and we are very happy with the results from her class,and teachers Mrs. Cresswell and ,miss. Valerie. I have been hanging out at the school and think that everything is great. The Principle is awsom and all the teachers i have came in contact with are wonderfull. Im very excited for my daughter and it is easier to leave her at school knowing that she is taking care of. Thanks to everyone at Varnell Elementary School. I love all you guys.

Varnell Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
Varnell has a dedicated group of teachers and a meticulous principal. This makes for a winning combination.

Varnell Elementary School 0

Posted May 26, 2009
My son has attended Varnell for 2 years and has I am very proud of his accomplishments and learning progress. I think Varnell is the best elementary school in Whitfield County. The parent - teacher communication is great and the principal, Dr. Ellen Thompson is awesome...she sets a great example for our school. I would highly recommend this school to others.

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted February 17, 2009

Posted March 26, 2008
My daughter attended this school for one six week period. It was then that my husband and I decided to enroll her in another school as Varnell did not meet the student's needs on many levels. The teachers didn't display the committment level that one would expect from a role of a teacher. The school focused more on their financial needs and gains rather than the needs of the students. I was not in any way impressed with this school and surely would not recommend it to any parent.

Varnell Elementary School 3

Posted September 14, 2007
My daughter has not had much of anything to challenge her at this school. She is expected to wait while the others catch up. The only challenges she has faced are social and nothing has been done to help her in that area. I thought elementary school was a place where a child could grow in every aspect, and not just at the pace of the slowest child.

Posted September 02, 2004
My daughter is in 2nd grade at Varnell Elementary school. She is in Miss Herrons class. Varnell is by far the best Elementary School in Whitfield County. Ms. Ellen Thompson is the principal. She is awesome!

Varnell Elementary School
3900 Cleveland Rd, Dalton, GA  30721
Last modified Varnell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Varnell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top