Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

my daughter has been going to Varnell for 3 years now. She started in 2nd grade, her teacher was Ms. Mantooth. She was wonderful and creative, always paying attention to all of her students. She had Ms. Herron the next year. My daughter really loved her a lot. She is so creative and was the perfect teacher personality wise for my child. We had a few bumps in the road that year and she handled things really great. This year she has Ms. Vanoy. So far she has been good too. Ms. Lisa the principal is amazing, every time i see her she greats every student by name and with a smile and open ear. This school has turned around my feelings in disbelief of the public school system. I do wish the school offered Pre-K, and wish there was an easier way to communicate with teachers via email or text. Another thing that I think the school should offer is art classes. When my child went to Westside Elm they had art and she really misses it.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I personally feel like school should stay at school outside a few projects a year. Kids have 8 hrs a day at school and barely enough time for family as it is.

The Teachers ,most of them and especialy the Princepal ms Lisa has the parents they talk to and the parents they dont. Tried to be nice but cant there very rude. Sure be glad when my daughter gets out of this school. I would not reccomend any parent send there child to this school. so if a parent is reading please dont send ur child here i promise u will regret it. I do

The last post was March 5,2012.Seems nothing is happening at Varnell. Depend to much on outside influence on important decisions.

My daughter is in 4th grade and has attended Varnell since kindergarten. Each and every teacher she has loved and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the teachers we have dealt with at this school. They truly love teaching and are the reason why my daughter loves going to school each day.

My daughter Mikayla Crider just started kindergarden and we are very happy with the results from her class,and teachers Mrs. Cresswell and ,miss. Valerie. I have been hanging out at the school and think that everything is great. The Principle is awsom and all the teachers i have came in contact with are wonderfull. Im very excited for my daughter and it is easier to leave her at school knowing that she is taking care of. Thanks to everyone at Varnell Elementary School. I love all you guys.

Varnell has a dedicated group of teachers and a meticulous principal. This makes for a winning combination.

My son has attended Varnell for 2 years and has I am very proud of his accomplishments and learning progress. I think Varnell is the best elementary school in Whitfield County. The parent - teacher communication is great and the principal, Dr. Ellen Thompson is awesome...she sets a great example for our school. I would highly recommend this school to others.

My daughter attended this school for one six week period. It was then that my husband and I decided to enroll her in another school as Varnell did not meet the student's needs on many levels. The teachers didn't display the committment level that one would expect from a role of a teacher. The school focused more on their financial needs and gains rather than the needs of the students. I was not in any way impressed with this school and surely would not recommend it to any parent.

My daughter has not had much of anything to challenge her at this school. She is expected to wait while the others catch up. The only challenges she has faced are social and nothing has been done to help her in that area. I thought elementary school was a place where a child could grow in every aspect, and not just at the pace of the slowest child.

Last modified Varnell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.