New Hope Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 580 students

Posted August 22, 2013

OMG!! Can't say enough about this school I've had children here for 7yrs. Though I have 3 children I love this school. I also sub here and love the faculty like they're my family. I've always felt very welcome here wether it be volunteering or subbing. The teachers have our children's best interest at heart. Such heart felt people, I'm very thankful we found New Hope when we did. I've also had so many other parents sayin they wish their children could go to this school. Love love love my school!!!!

Posted August 22, 2013

We love New Hope! It's a great school with fabulous teachers and staff. So warm and welcoming to all students and parents, along with great test scores and achievements. I would not send my kids anywhere else!

Posted March 22, 2013

There aren't enough ways to describe the family feeling at New Hope! The faculty AND staff treat every child like their own. Also, parents are welcome ALWAYS! I have two boys at New Hope now and my daughter (18 now) spent her elementary years there. A lot of things have changed over the years but, one thing remains, this school is committed to the children.

Posted August 31, 2012

I have had two grandkids that attended this school. I absolutely love the principal and all the teachers I ever had to deal with, except one. We had a great experience there and would recommend this school to anyone. They care about the kids and their well being.

Posted April 16, 2012

teachers are not qualified to determine if a child should be on medication for ADHD. these teachers seem to push that to much

Posted April 2, 2011

I have been disappointed all year with this school. This is my first year with a child there and I will not be sending him back. They are constantly pressuring for money and items and then last week a teacher allowed my 6 year old to tell her that he wasn't riding the bus he was going to aftercare and he did! I have tried to follow all rules that are placed for our child's safety and there was no note for him to stay in aftercare. I was upset because of the lack of following protocol and also the unprofessional way the asst teacher and other teachers around spoke to me. No apologies from the adults involved just blame on my child. What happened to teaching our children character education also? I am considering moving out of state in fear that all GA schools educators have the same attitudes towards parents.

Posted July 6, 2010

Excellent School. It has a great staff. I wauld recomend it to anybody. My daught loves it.

Posted February 21, 2010

My daughter started the 3rd grade at New Hope this year after moving from Acworth, Georgia where she was in a great school...rated 9 out of 10! I must say that, so far, I am very pleased with how this school is handled by the Principal. AND my daughter was lucky enough to have one of the BEST Teacher's around...Mrs.Harless!

Posted May 5, 2009

Im happy to have a child in this scool

Posted April 19, 2006

This is my son's second year at New Hope and I am very pleased. He was very shy in K last year but he did make a best friend that we continue to do things with to this day. 1st grade has been great and I am very pleased with Ms. Brooker! I am looking forward to my other 2 children attending also!

Posted March 10, 2005

My daughter came to New Hope after completing 2 years in a private Christian School. We are so very pleased and blessed that she has experienced and achieved so much with New Hope. Her teachers have been outstanding, motivational, and considerate. God bless you all for caring so much!

Posted May 28, 2004

My son just finished K at New Hope and he loved it. His tracher was Ms. Warren and Ms. Morrison. He really learned alot and is looking forward the starting first grade in Aug.2004. I am so happy that he loves school so well. I feel that the teachers and staff love doing there job and it showes in there work. Keep it up.

Posted May 21, 2004

my son just finished 1st. grade , we had a great year. we just wanted to say thank you mrs. k guice for a job well done . we appreaciate everthing you done for our son corey . we loved being in your class , he already talks about visiting you when the new year starts. have a great summer you earned it , again thank you for everything.

Posted November 22, 2003

Our daugther is in kindergarten (S.Ledford)this year and she loves it. The teachers and staff have made it exciting for her and she even wants to go on Saturday's. I hope all the other teachers are of this quility and have this same abillity to modivate their students this way. We were also impressed with the security at this school. New Hope , thank you for being here

Posted November 22, 2003

The school is really nice and everything around it is okay but; some of the teachers do not take the initiative to help those that maybe somewhat challenged in areas that other students are not. I understand that teachers may not have extra time to spend and that their time is limited, but when it's your child you want to look out for their best interest as to when others may not be concerned. Thanks for your time. Concerned parents!

Posted August 8, 2003

The school is great, The teachers are realy outstanding, And I want to say keep up the good work. Oh and parent involvement is unbelievable, I couldnt believe how many parents get involved, this school makes it happen. Very pleased.

Posted August 7, 2003

my son started here at new hope. his teacher was so great and helpful . i could really say that by the end of the year my son had learned a great deal, and was much more responsible than he was before he started school.he is very excited about the upcoming year,and so are we.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

101 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

• Brinda Clayton
Fax number
  • (706) 673-3182

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1175 New Hope Rd NW