No rating

Terrell Academy

Private | PK-12 | 268 students

Living in Dawson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $57,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $540.

Posted October 25, 2011

I am a graduate of Terrell Academy. Socially, it was a great school. It was some of the best years of my life. Everyone was close, and it was like a family. Academically, though, they are behind. I made A's and B's throughout school because I was spoonfed information. I never had to "think" or apply myself except for a few classes that contained great teachers. Unfortunately, when I went to UGA, I struggled and had to take remedial classes which taught me how to "learn" and develop good study skills before going into regular classes. For this reason, my child does not attend Terrell Acadeny and attends a different private school. I want her to be bettter prepared for college. I love TA and miss the family environment and closeness that it fostered, but I must put my child's academic needs first.

Posted January 12, 2011

My daughters have been attending Terrell Academy for almost five years. Before coming here, they were in public magnet schools, and other private schools. We like the relaxed, friendly environment here; and we have been happy with the quality of teaching, the athletic programs and the cooperative spirit from the staff and administration. The parental involvement is wonderful too. One of my daughters has graduated from Terrell Academy and is now attending a university on a scholarship. I feel Terrell Academy prepared her well for college. The only thing the schools lacks is a band program.

Posted April 7, 2010

My son graduated from Terrell Academy two years ago, and is currently in his second year of college. He is a HOPE Scholarship recipient and has managed to maintain his HOPE status (GPA 3.0) over the past two years. That is an indication that he was well-prepared for college by Terrell Academy. There will be some who didn't perform well in high school and expect to do well in college (therefore blaming TA for their lack of achievement). TA provides a quality education to those who wish to excel and further their education beyond high school.

Posted July 13, 2009

We are very pleased with Terrell Academy, we tried another private school in the area when we first moved here and have found Terrell far superior!

Posted May 14, 2008

My son has attended Terrell Academy since K4 and is graduating this year. I'm so grateful that he has attended the same school since day 1, and I wouldn't give anything for the education and nurturing that he has received at Terrell Academy! Forever and always an eagle!

Posted December 10, 2007

I am currently a student at Terrell Academy, in the seventh grade.TA is an all around good school. On top of an amazing academics program we have wonderful sports programs. All of the teachers are extremely friendly and are like family to me. I would never consider leaving this school. Go Eagles!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 30, 2007

TA is a great school. Most of the teachers are very good. They are focusing more on technology now than they have in the past. TA has one of the best basketball coaches, Keith Jones, in the state. The school is growing and has even added a learning lab for those students who have learning issues. There is not a better school in Southwest Georgia for the tuition.

Posted February 7, 2007

Do not expect a high quality education at this school! My kids are now a grade behind thanks to this school. The majority of the teachers are not friendly. As the other reviewer wrote the kids do have an 'i dont care' attitude, therefore academics suffers. As far as the headmaster, we have been their over half of the school year and have never met him. We are very displeased with the school overall and will be changing schools after this school year.

Posted October 19, 2006

Terrell Academy not only offers a challenging College Preparatory curriculum, but a Technology/Career Diploma as well. The coaches are teachers first, and choose to coach along with their other responsibilities. This is a caring community of teachers and students, who encourage parent involvement and individualized learning experiences for all students. This is an old school built on traditional values and quality Christian education.

Posted August 7, 2006

May be old school, but old school values are taught and that is what is needed in this day and time, good family values. Teachers and coaches are very caring and work great with children, most love them. Parent involvment is an everyday part of this school.

Posted August 6, 2006

No college prep classes really, run down school. kids have a 'i don't care' attitude. All the coaches teach classes and the athletes make good grades.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • IIE

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

602 Academy Drive Southeast