Dawsonville, GA

Posted October 19, 2011
My grandson has been going to War Hill Christain School for three weeks. He is like a different child he hated going to school now he gets up in the morning ready to go. Life at home is so much better went your child likes going to school!!He loves his teacher and all the staff!!I thank God for sending us to this GREAT SCHOOL!!!!!

War Hill Christian Academy 4

Posted May 06, 2010
While it is true that WHCH may not be very big or fancy, none of that really matters. All that matters is the schooling you receive. I breezed through middle school, easily finishing almost an entire quarter ahead both years. The homeschooling environment is incredibly easy to learn in, and distractions are kept to a minimum, unless a student is just trying to get attention and acts out intentionally. I started to lag behind in Algebra in high school, and my teacher took time out of her day to make sure I understood everything completely. This made me feel like I wasn't just a cog in the machine. Last year, they hired a new principal, and the school had been improving since. Books are on time, electives are held consistently now (yay!), and they are fully accredited, credits DO transfer now.

War Hill Christian Academy 0

Posted April 24, 2009
Not only did a graduate from War Hill but know I send my kids there. They learn at their own pace and are not hurried along to keep up with everyone else. They are very relaxed and are not afraid to ask for help when they need it. The teachers are very supportive and take the time to make sure they are getting the help they need.

Posted April 23, 2009
When I started school at War Hill Christian Academy in 2002, it was my first year of high school. I was not overly thrilled about the idea of attending a school that seemed so different from the public schools I had grown up attending. The atmosphere at WHCA changed my mentality on how school should be structured, in most schools the children are merely a number. WHCA is not like most schools, in the manner that at WHCA I immediately knew that not only was I a student, but I was part of a family. My teachers always displayed an overwhelming amount of love towards me, I knew that I was not only being taught academically, but spiritually. The teachers were not just teachers, but they were mentors as well. I would not trade the love that I was shown for any number of things in this world

Posted April 19, 2009
Enrolled my child in August after very disappointing year in public school, my child is thriving. Receives excellent instruction from the teacher. School has performed above level anticipated.

War Hill Christian Academy 4

Posted August 28, 2008

War Hill Christian Academy 1

Posted February 21, 2008
I attended this school and was very displeased. I was told that I would have one-on-one teacher assistance, an outstanding curriculum, electives just like a regular high school. The majority of my school books arrived weeks late, setting me back indefinitely. None of the teachers are really qualified for their jobs. Most of them don t have any schooling beyond high school. There is NO form of SAT preparation whatsoever. The school s PACE books leave out information about other cultures and religions, and any literature that doesn t have to do with God. The electives were equally disappointing. Most of them met sporadically; maybe once a month, before they were dropped completely. Spanish class, instead of teaching how to understand the language, was more of a how do you say where s is your bathroom type of thing. My algebra2 class was given exactly one lesson the entire year. Unfortunately they didn t think that was important enough to order PACE books until a few weeks into the second semester. In many instances the general morality of the entire staff was concerning to me (one of the former students was encouraged by the principal to drop out of high school completely) no college preparation. Worst of all when I tried desperately to go back to public school, I was told that the credits I got from war hill would not be accepted. Which makes me wonder if my diploma will be worth anything in the real world.

War Hill Christian Academy 1

Posted December 10, 2007

War Hill Christian Academy 3

Posted June 20, 2007
- a former student
Unless your child is self motivated this school will not help him/her. The electives were okay for about one month until they were canceled and not started again. In the Spanish classes (please note there is only Spanish 1 provided) we did not learn sentence structure, we only memorized sayings and verses. I didn't even receive a math book until the second quarter of the first semester, and even then, they didn't have my grade level so I had to do books ahead of my grade or below.

War Hill Christian Academy 2

Posted February 18, 2007
Basically, if you send your child here, your spending thousands of dollars for them to teach themselves. They don't have the rescources that public school gives them to prepare for college or even the SAT's. They focus everything they have on God and Sports.

War Hill Christian Academy
8847 Highway 53, Dawsonville, GA  30534
Last modified War Hill Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
War Hill Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top