Bad
Good

Where do I start just a wonderful school for all. I have a 4th grade who is above average. So they have class for gifted and advanced students. I have two 2nd graders, one is average and the other is special needs. they have class is for both. This school is the best school for all children. my neighbor had a child last year that was failing. They meet with the school and learned that he need special classes. This year all "A" and "B" . Thanks Blackburn!!!

Blackburn is a great environment for learning. The principal is involved and has the right priorities, and the teachers actually want the kids to learn to their potential. The teachers went out of their way to accommodate my child's needs. We have been in lots of states with different approaches to learning and this is the best experience so far (4 states later). We hope to come back soon so our youngest can go to this school too! I can't give a 5 star because of the large class sizes.

This school is great - with pay cuts and huge class size (not the teacher's choice), they are still loving on our children and helping them grow to become better people. I would highly recommend this school to people moving into the area. My kindergartener is doing great and I can't wait for my other children to go through school there, too.

I can't say enough about this school. I currently have 1 child there who has been there since kindergarten and now in 4th grade. My son was there for 2 years before going to middle school. They have been welcoming and accomodating from day one! Everyone goes above and beyond!

I WISH I COULD SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT BES but I can't they have too many kids in a class so some of the kids are getting left behind..My son was left behind from the very begining. BES is not a good place for kids!!!

The teachers at this school have been wonderful with my children (even the one that has problems focusing and staying on task). The administration has always been helpful and responsive although I have been warned not to approach the principal if she's having a bad day. The children also get music, art, and computer lab which are not offered in many larger districts. My only complaint is that there are no after school clubs, but I was told that is because all of the students are bussed. A shame though.

The faculty are all wonderful. The teachers know you and your children by name. Safety is the number one concern along with education. It makes you as a parent feel at ease knowing your child is cared for the way that they are here at Blackburn. I have been to many other schools and this is the first school that I feel that the teachers really care about our children. They take care of them like they were their own. I am proud of our school!

Wow, some of these reviews are really old! My experience with BES has been great -- not perfect, but what is? The staff genuinely care about the students and are always looking for new ways to help my kids learn. The principal is passionate about the students, especially the special needs kids. If I had a special needs child, I would want them to be at BES because they really want them to succeed. BES has more students than the other elementary schools, but really works to provide every opportunity for parents and kids to improve. I have not noticed any 'clickiness', but many on staff have lived in the county all their lives - maybe that is what a few people notice? I have really enjoyed being part of the CUB club (as a classroom volunteer). Being involved makes me appreciate how hard everyone at BES works to help kids.

I have had two children with learning disabilites at this school. Both of them have had a great experience. When the school opened I had some trouble getting the help my child needed, but after learning what needed to be done for my child, everything has been great! Both of my children have greatly improved. I am very thankful for the experience we as a family have had.

BES has a long way to go to become a good school. The administration is nonresponsive to problems and parent input and deals very poorly with discipline problems. The bus is out of control, the driver has no authority and the administration refuse to deal with the students who are problems. Emphasis is placed on attendance rather than achievement and the curriculum is lacking. There is no writing curriculum in place. As an involved parent willing to work with the school, there is much more that can be done to benefit the children there.

Last modified Blackburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.