Posted July 28, 2014
Quite a success! A very interesting combination of highly motivated teachers and students of all education backgrounds. Graduates range from technical school students to attendees of high-ranking national universities. It really is a "hidden gem" north of the 'burbs. Not a highly diverse group of students, but very accepting of all beliefs and cultures. System has disproportionate funding... Very high funding for buildings/improvements, low funding for bandwidth/textbooks. This is a growing system to get into, though. Very soon it will be competing with schools like Milton/Alpharetta/Lambert/South Forsyth/GSMST.

Posted July 26, 2013
We moved into the school distrct last year and my kids love it. Very small town feeling rather than the neighboring schools that are overloaded. My only concern is that they keep cutting activities, teachers, and spending. I know that is is par for the economy but we really shoudn't be taking so much away from the schools.

Dawson County High School 4

Posted September 05, 2011
My children have gone to Dawson County Schools since Pre-k. I have one child who is in the Special Needs curriculum and this school system has, with a great amount of parent /teacher involvement, educated my child and helped to determine that he is not an ADHD student, which is all the rage these days, that he in fact has a central neuro processing disorder. He doesnt take any meds. He only needs a more hands on approach to his teaching which has been custom fitted for him by the excellent teaching and administrative staff at DCHS. He will graduate this year and upon finishing his 2nd year of JR ROTC hopes to join the National Guard. As for the school in general, the student body is a very normal group of kids with no gang activity and a very low occcurrence of drug related disciplinary problems that are more common in other metro schools. For anyone to suggest that comming to this school system would subject an African American student to treatment reminiscent of the 60s is just plain ignorrant and would tend to make me question thier own racist views. This is a great school in a great school system. one of the few that I have experienced with traditional values.

Dawson County High School 1

Posted July 17, 2011
It is amazing to me that this school received glowing remarks. My child attended this school last year, and her experience was certainly different than what is being expresses here. The only thing missing is the "whites only" signs from the 60s, but the mentality is still prevelent in this school. My daughter is an all honors student, has been since Jr high school, and excexcelled st the highest levels at Johns Creek Hs. If you're African American, stay clear of this school unless you want to be transported back ro more racist times.

Dawson County High School 4

Posted October 31, 2009
I graduated from DHCS last year. My teachers did their job in preparing me for college as I am currently enrolled at North Georgia College and State University. However, I do agree with what I read about the sports program in a previous post. The school does put too much focus on football, especially when it has the worst winning record in the school. I played soccer at Dawson for 4 years and not one season did we have a green field. I would pay a ridiculous amount of money to sit in the stands and watch our football team lose on a perfectly green and cut field, and then come spring, our soccer team would break school records while playing in a mudpit. Overall, DCHS is a great school with plenty of opportunity for its students.

Dawson County High School 1

Posted March 16, 2009

Posted August 27, 2008
as a former student here i have to say i loved this school all the teachers are great, my faves were mrs buesey, ms jernigan,mr hoffman,and of course ms hussey

Posted August 02, 2008
I am a student currently at this high school. I think it is amazing, quite wonderful. The teachers care greatly about us and our grades. I learn a lot. I'm proud of the work i acheive. This is what the school want us to aim for- achievement and pride. That's what I have.

Dawson County High School 0

Posted June 26, 2008
Dawson County Schools care deeply about their students. I think DCHS is all about letting the students strive to obtaining their goals. DCHS is an incredible school

Dawson County High School 3

Posted May 01, 2008

Dawson County High School
1665 Perimeter Rd, Dawsonville, GA  30534
Last modified Dawson County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dawson County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top