PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I think with this new administration SPC greatly improved. Hope that this school will continue to grow and improve every day

Our 4 year old daughter is a pre-K student at St. Peter Claver Regional Catholic School and let me just say that we are BEYOND Impressed with this school. Yes it’s a financial investment but it is just that an investment. We like most parents believe that our daughter is a brilliant child and just perfect, but this school has truly made a significant impact on our daughter. Her Teachers are invested in her success emotionally, physically and academically and the entire school cares about our daughter. The school is extremely diverse which I love and is small but not too small. We drop our child off every day feeling confident that she is going to have an awesome, structured and purposeful day. No it is not one of those schools where your child is being handed a lot of busy work, evening consuming homework and tasks that only prepare them to memorize and be used to getting tons of work or they not “REALLY” learning! This school develops little socially responsible scholars, and scholars are those who are well rounded and have the ability to think outside of the box and adapt to new challenges. The religious component is integrated into instruction daily and I love that the delivery is structured so that they can see the values, morals and principles within religion. She is learning the importance of being God-Fearing and loving her neighbor which is an important add into school life with the ways of the world and as a parent it helps to have other entities in your Childs life reiterating those same values and principles you already instill at home! We also love the fact that time is spent on discipline and routines as they understand how important it is for little ones to be exposed to routines and expectations. My daughter loves this school and tells everyone (even strangers) about her school and how great it is. If you are looking for a school that will let your child be a "child" while allowing them to navigate through the educational waters, than this is the place for your child. WE have ZERO regrets and are so thankful we enrolled our child into this school. It is worth the sacrifice and we appreciate EVERYONE at this school for making not just our daughter but our entire family feel appreciated! The Okoli's

SPC is a great school to be in presently. I have two kids there and they are doing great. The school has been revamped with new teachers, Staff and Principal, updated curriculum and infrastructures. Mrs Greenwood, the principal and all her staff are professionals, they are caring,attentive and communicative and aim to bring out the best in each child. There's no bullying, the school has a diverse population and my kids love the school and most especially their teachers.

St. Peter Claver Regional Catholic School is a good school moving to greatness. Caring teaching professionals provide academic rigor from Pre-K through 8th grade - all taught with best practices. Be sure to visit and tour this nurturing school and see first hand the good teaching, learning, and faith formation that goes on each and every day.

In short, SPC is a wonderful school! I graduated back in 2008 after going for 8 consecutive years. Then, the tuition was a lot higher and it was an all black school. The uniforms were worse than they are now but the education, the most important thing, is by far better than any school in Decatur, GA. Every teacher was there for me, a student bullied by almost every classmate, and every teacher knew what they were doing. Each one inspired me to reach for success when I felt like a failure. It more than prepared me for high school at OLM where I received a generous scholarship. And OLM definitely prepared me for college where I have a Full Scholarship. Kids will always have rough times no matter where they go, but they will grow exponentially from every experience with the right teachers who can help them understand things academically and logically so that they can become an intelligent kid. The most important aspect of a kid's life is their education, and finding a great start for it is crucial, so...make St. Peter Claver your choice.

when i first entered into SPC i was concerned about the enviorment and if i could fit in. what i found was a school that is behind on curriculum. with many students failing to understanding the information. the school is very small. we only have 1 sport and thebad players go on one team and the good go on another. this obviously lowers the self esteem of those on the 'bad' team. also with only 3 teachers in middle school us students see each teacher more than once each day. also this school in no is way prepars you for high school. that is why st pius and our lady of mercy always complain about the 'SPC' kids

I taught at SPC for three years, and as a Catholic and a parent, I was very disturbed and disappointed by what I saw. The current administration has created a climate of low-expectations and , views the student body and their families as a 'mission' rather than tomorrow s leaders Any parents at or considering placing a student at SPC, PLEASE, PLEASE asks these quest ions in making your decision: 1. What is the teacher turnover since 2003? 2. Ask to see test scores for last five years. 3. Compare SPC with comparable schools? 4. Talk to current and past SPC teachers & parents (not just the ones the school would send you to.) 5. Ask for PROOF of the extracurricular activities listed in the brochure. 8. Ask how many students are ACTUALLY currently enrolled at SPC.

St. Peter Claver students have excelled in a number of ways in recent weeks. Our own Spelling Bee winner from our 7th grade competed against winners from all 19 Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta for the Regional Spelling Bee and came in 2nd after 33 rounds of spelling!

I have attended this school ever since I was in the second grade. I love the school, because there are small class sizes so my teachers give me alot of attention. I am now in the seventh grade and I recommend this school to minority students, because it is a very diverse community. I think that wearing uniforms is great, because I don't have to take a long time to get to school. The atmosphere is very great, and there are really friendly.

My children have found a voice at Saint Peter Claver; I have found peace. They have a desire to learn and that desire is being met on many levels. I know my children are being taught well and that they are in a safe environment. Most, if not all, children at the school are known to the school personnel by name. The administrators and instructors are wonderful educators. In addition to being challenged academically to exceed the expectations of the instructors, the students are challenged to exceed their own. They take the time necessary to see that the kids understand the concepts being taught and have some fun along the way. Dedicated instructors and involved parents working together make school more enjoyable for the kids. I believe I have found a champion for education in SPC.

Last modified St Peter Claver Regional Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8