Posted August 06, 2013
In short, SPC is a wonderful school! I graduated back in 2008 after going for 8 consecutive years. Then, the tuition was a lot higher and it was an all black school. The uniforms were worse than they are now but the education, the most important thing, is by far better than any school in Decatur, GA. Every teacher was there for me, a student bullied by almost every classmate, and every teacher knew what they were doing. Each one inspired me to reach for success when I felt like a failure. It more than prepared me for high school at OLM where I received a generous scholarship. And OLM definitely prepared me for college where I have a Full Scholarship. Kids will always have rough times no matter where they go, but they will grow exponentially from every experience with the right teachers who can help them understand things academically and logically so that they can become an intelligent kid. The most important aspect of a kid's life is their education, and finding a great start for it is crucial, so...make St. Peter Claver your choice.

St Peter Claver Regional Catholic School 0

Posted November 11, 2009
when i first entered into SPC i was concerned about the enviorment and if i could fit in. what i found was a school that is behind on curriculum. with many students failing to understanding the information. the school is very small. we only have 1 sport and thebad players go on one team and the good go on another. this obviously lowers the self esteem of those on the 'bad' team. also with only 3 teachers in middle school us students see each teacher more than once each day. also this school in no is way prepars you for high school. that is why st pius and our lady of mercy always complain about the 'SPC' kids

St Peter Claver Regional Catholic School 0

Posted July 30, 2008
I taught at SPC for three years, and as a Catholic and a parent, I was very disturbed and disappointed by what I saw. The current administration has created a climate of low-expectations and , views the student body and their families as a 'mission' rather than tomorrow s leaders Any parents at or considering placing a student at SPC, PLEASE, PLEASE asks these quest ions in making your decision: 1. What is the teacher turnover since 2003? 2. Ask to see test scores for last five years. 3. Compare SPC with comparable schools? 4. Talk to current and past SPC teachers & parents (not just the ones the school would send you to.) 5. Ask for PROOF of the extracurricular activities listed in the brochure. 8. Ask how many students are ACTUALLY currently enrolled at SPC.

Posted March 07, 2008

Posted February 28, 2008
St. Peter Claver students have excelled in a number of ways in recent weeks. Our own Spelling Bee winner from our 7th grade competed against winners from all 19 Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta for the Regional Spelling Bee and came in 2nd after 33 rounds of spelling!

Posted February 24, 2008
I have attended this school ever since I was in the second grade. I love the school, because there are small class sizes so my teachers give me alot of attention. I am now in the seventh grade and I recommend this school to minority students, because it is a very diverse community. I think that wearing uniforms is great, because I don't have to take a long time to get to school. The atmosphere is very great, and there are really friendly.

Posted January 10, 2008
My children have found a voice at Saint Peter Claver; I have found peace. They have a desire to learn and that desire is being met on many levels. I know my children are being taught well and that they are in a safe environment. Most, if not all, children at the school are known to the school personnel by name. The administrators and instructors are wonderful educators. In addition to being challenged academically to exceed the expectations of the instructors, the students are challenged to exceed their own. They take the time necessary to see that the kids understand the concepts being taught and have some fun along the way. Dedicated instructors and involved parents working together make school more enjoyable for the kids. I believe I have found a champion for education in SPC.

St Peter Claver Regional Catholic School 2

Posted September 09, 2003
Curriculum needs to be changed. We are not competive with other surrounding private schools. Many children are not on target in alot of subjects.

St Peter Claver Regional Catholic School
2560 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA  30032
Last modified St Peter Claver Regional Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Peter Claver Regional Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top