PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter has attended Cambridge since 2K and she is now in 1st grade. I am so pleased with the education she has received and the personalized attention given to each student to help them prosper. The staff is very caring and there is always open communication. She is also taking piano, playing soccer and in chess club at Cambridge. Not only is my daughter doing great academically, she is also becoming a very well-rounded young lady! I am very happy with this school!

My daughter attended from 4k-5k. We moved into a new school district (top rated) and she was immediately placed in gifted classes. She recently was voted student of the month. She would not have achieved academic success without Karen Phillips , Mrs. Jordan, and Ms. Rashida. The education at Cambridge is worth more than the tuition!

I recently visited Cambridge for a teaching project through UGA and GPC to retain my teaching certification. I was very impressed with the school. The entire staff was very professional. I had to observe Ms. Terry's class for two days. She was amazing. Everyone wanting to teach should have to observe this teacher. Her class was colorful and organized, she interacted with every child, she used many styles of teaching, and most of all she taught with her heart. She was meant for teaching. Ms. Terry is imaginative, creative, and resourceful. In my opinion, the perfect teacher! Kevin Squiers teacher North Cobb

First off I have two dynamic kids! We started with Cambridge when my oldest was transitioning out of daycare. I believe it was 2009. From day one I was impressed by the thoughtful and caring staff. You know they truly care about your child's education and professional development. Yes the school is a bit older but that's part of the reason we chose it. In the hysteria following cheating scandals and accreditation issues there have been several random "private schools". I don't put much faith in them. My kids left Cambridge earlier this year because we moved in September. My daughter was IMMEDIATELY put in a gifted class. She is in the first and reads on nearly a third grade level. My son is also doing well and his reading and comprehension levels are about a grade and half ahead (on a 6th grade level or so). I believe they received an excellent educational foundation at Cambridge. If you compare the quality and cost to other private schools--there simply isn't a comparison. I am a real Cambridge parent and I approved this message. :)

I had high hopes for this school and wanted to give my child a chance to explore her learning potentials. But overall my child has stated to me on several occasions that the teacher makes demeaning faces towards the kids when redirecting them. I have also witner this behavior myself and did not like it. I feel when your trying to address different concerns or issues, you immediately get an unnatural response from the head staff,and lots of opinions. The building is a little outdated as well as their security cameras. Beware when parking there or dropping your kid off,they're known to have parents cars vandalize right on the property. Very sad that this is taken place on a school ground and your vehicle is only a few deet from a learning environment that our kids are to suppose to be safe in. Safety is very a concern issue and even tho there's a police on the premises, he doesn't see anything or some days he's not there. I was so disappointed on how the whole situation took place amd how people can.be so disensitize of it. I found out later that it happens more than anyone knows. So no letters,no posting on the building of nothing.

Cambridge Academy has provided a very good academic program for my two children. The expectation is that all children can excel and perform. All of the teachers and administrators are very passionate about providing a good education. The multigrade level classes has been an asset for my children to have an opportunity to be exposed to even more challenges. My neighbors child went to Cambridge from kindergarten until 7th grade and was placed into the challenge class when he finished Cambridge and entered eight grade. His new school gave him a math placement test and he scored tenth grade sixth month and has made the all A's honor roll every semester. Of course the key to any child's success is parental involvement and that is strongly stressed here, we are our children's first teacher. I know many people will write different reviews for anything stores, restaurants, schools etc. based on their own experiences and unfortunately we only hear one side of the story, but if you are seeking an excellent foundation for your child pay any school a visit and make and informed decision for yourself. I am extremely glad I made this choice for children.

Cambridge Academy offers a wonderful pre-school program. The teachers and leadership are warm, concerned and extremely caring of each child. The curriculum is challenging yet age appropriate. They also offer opportunities for extra activitities such as karate, dance and music lessons. Our child has grown and matured both academically and socially. Will look forward to exploring what the upper shcool has to offer.

My son started at Cambridge towards the end of the school year (February) for 3K last year. I was worried that his learning curve would be too steep and he would be at a disadvantage compared to the other 3-year-olds who started in the fall. When he started, he knew how to spell his name but didn't know how to write his name. Within 2 weeks, he was writing his name, counting to 20, reciting the days of the week, months of the year, etc. The 3K teacher Ms. Ellison (who is no longer there) was a wonderful educator. My son has really learned a lot during his tenure at Cambridge. Now in Pre-K, I am amazed at how much he has absorbed. He's reading, writing words, has monthly spelling tests, completed a Black History project, and is learning how to tell time, add and subtract. The administrators are friendly and know each child personally. The disadvantages are the facilities and resources are outdated, the lower-grades (i.e., 3K, 4K) class sizes are large (e.g., 20-25 kids like public school class sizes), and there is only one class per grade. Regarding the latter, if the teacher's style does not work well for you or your child, there are no other options for that grade.

My child was enrolled in this school throughout until 1st grade. I am a parent who is very involved in my child's academics. I often sat in in the classroom and noticed that the way the first grade teacher spoke to the children was in a disdainful manner. I began noticing a change in my child with him not wanting to go to school. This was never an issue before, he has always loved school. The second change was his grades slipping... He's never had less than an "A" on anything up until this point. He began begging me to sit in the classroom on a daily basis stating that the teacher was mean. The more I sat in on the class the more uneasy I became with the teacher and her attitude towards the children and communicated my concerns with her. During his final week at the school he came home and informed me that the teacher ripped up his work and stuffed it down his shirt when he got the answers wrong. I confronted her about it and she stated "I did rip it up but I didn't stuff it down his shirt, I gave it to him close." I was vexed and withdrew him immediately. I enrolled my son in another private school where his love for learning and high grades have returned.

Positives: School administration is very friendly. Price is reasonable but you pay for what you get! Negatives: Not academically challenging for children 6 & up Outdated! Don't offer foreign languages on a consistent basis. Only one computer for the children to use which is in itself very outdated! No cafeteria or gym!

Last modified Cambridge Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-7