Decatur, GA

Posted March 19, 2015
I love everything that Greenforest has to offer my child! Academics and Christian values are taught daily and very rewarding to the children. I also appreciate the effective ways of communication to the parents from the school. My family and I are glad to be a part of the Eagle family!

Posted March 17, 2015
Greenforest is a wonderful environment where our children are challenged academically, nurtured, and taught strong Christian principles. We are honored to be a part of this family!

Posted February 02, 2015
Our child is a kindergarten student at Greenforest-McCalep Christian Academy and we love it! Kindergarten is the first grade level at the Academy. The Academy and Early Learning Center operate as completely separate entities. The teachers and staff at the Academy are so supportive and you can tell that they truly want every child to succeed. They really focus on helping the students gain self-confidence and pride in themselves. The Christian education is priceless and the school feels like a family. Our child is writing in cursive, reading and working on addition. It has been a wonderful experience for the whole family. I highly recommend Greenforest!

Posted December 15, 2014
My son is a junior and currently attends Greenforest and we both love it there! The adminstration, staff and students are wonderful! The class sizes are just right and prayer is always a daily first. My son's christian vocabulary has increased and he has definitely learned how to pray more effective and with so much more grace! I firmly do believe that if GOD is placed first in all things that we do, HE WILL MAKE A WAY!

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2014
My son attended Greenforest ELC 2010-2013. When he graduated from Pre-K he was well equipped to enter Kindergarten at a local public magnet school with a solid foundation. He was above grade level in reading and socially well adjusted. Greenforest helped to instill the Christian values we held in our home to make his foundation even stronger.

Posted September 26, 2014
All three of my children attended Greenforest. I was quit pleased with the superior quality of education they received. My children all tested above their grade level when they went into the public school system. I know that I made the right choice for my children and I recommended this school very highly. Try them for your self and you will see that they are truly Awesome .Past Parent

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 1

Posted August 20, 2014
WHAT A WASTE OF $5k!!!! ..DEFINITELY BEWARE!!! 9 years prior, I'd tried RELENTLESSLY to get my then 2-yr old daughter into the school. I tried for 2yrs straight and the school was always full, with a long waiting list. The school had great reviews and I had heard many great things about it from my peers so I was both excited and shocked when I learned that there were vacancies at this school Upon registration, the staff was courteous and seemed organized. We were provided a binder that contained the school's mission, rules and expectations, and detailed curricula specific to our child's class. Everything our child would be learning were at our fingertips before the first day of class. This, along with the good things we'd heard about it in the past- were the reasons we didn't mind paying the hefty tuition. In short, the school is the greatest FACADE I've EVER experienced. The appearance is clean, updated and polished. But this is nothing more than an over-sized, low-grade, EXPENSIVE DAYCARE FACILITY! The Director is A JOKE!!! And as a domino effect- so are the teachers and the school. She has successfully tarnished the legacy of this, once upon a time, great school!!!

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 1

Posted July 08, 2014
THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! BEWARE... THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! BEWARE... My son attended Green Forest Early Learning Center (their daycare) for exactly one week and that was enough for me!!! The administration (Director of ELC & Headmaster are very rude, unprofessional and insensitive). They will tell you whatever they need to tell you to get you to enroll and they will not deliver. Be sure to make sure you child is properly placed in the age and development appropriate class. They assign and move children based on class ratios not based on where your child is developmental wise. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 2

Posted March 07, 2014
The administrative leadership at Greenforest has declined significantly over the past couple of years, which has frustrated the school's ability to retain staff and students. The constant turnover of teachers, which frequently has occurred in the middle of the school year and without much notice to students and parents, has been unsettling to students and parents alike. While most of the teachers who remain are loyal and care greatly for the students, the teachers have inadequate resources and the school environment is very unstable. There is a lack of accountability at every level of the administration, and the school likely will continue to be in a state of decline unless changes are made at the top.

Posted February 13, 2014
Greenforest is a great school. IM a educator in Atlanta public schools and there's a clear difference in learning and how kids are being taught. For instance, in APS u have the common core curriculum which is fine but it only allows maybe only a few says for a.student to learn subject matter. At Greenforest they have the habikka curriculum which teach more of an old school approach to learning not just memorization. Furthermore, they have great teachers and an great Christian curriculum to help ur child mature. My son is in first grade and we love the.academics and all the program they offer. Oh let me not forget to mention smaller class sizes too.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy
3250 Rainbow Drive, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top