PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 06, 2016
My child has been attending for 2 years now, very professional staff, great curriculum, safe school and great teachers, who really care

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 06, 2015
They do not have highly trained staff to do this. A school that does not treat their staff with integrity and fairness cannot be expected to teach it to the children.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 1

Posted November 06, 2015
My child attended Greenforest ELC for close to a 6 month period. Greenforest definitely has been run into the ground. Everything from how they handle business matters to the level of supervision in the classroom is poor. I would pick my child up every day, and it would appear that he had gone through the day with a very low level of supervision. Everything from his underwear to his shoes, to his pants and shirt would be on backgrounds some days. I would come into the classroom and see the teacher not engaged with the students. I have picked my child up from the playground and viewed other children not being watched outside. The most disgusting thing that we (all ELC parents) had to deal with is being told the school would be closing on 11/30/15. They notified us on 10/27/15 via email around 9pm that night. At that time, the school refused to allow parents to pay week to week (our monthly tuitions were being drafted from our accounts) to allow us to find other care for our children. We were told that if the children attended one day after 11/1/15 that we would be charged the entire month. Basically they gave us the information in such short notice, that many parents were forced to take their children out of school within two days. This was so hurtful for the students, teachers and parents. The headmaster was never there to address any of the parent concerns and we were told that they would not be able to assist us in finding new care for our children. This has been the MOST unprofessional experience I’ve ever had with a childcare center. The board members and headmaster should be ashamed of how they handled the situation. Also, they only informed the staff earlier in the day before the emails were sent out. I think that informing them that they would be losing their positions during the holiday season in 30 days was the most disgusting part of it all.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 1

Posted April 20, 2015
My child attended the ELC at Greenforest for a little over 7 months and our experience was the absolute worst! My child was dirty everyday, bottles that I would send for the day would not be used, and he would cry all day long. I could tell be how exhausted and red in the face and eyes he was every day. I think that they need new leadership and new policies to hold the staff to a standard of excellence. The teachers are extremely RUDE and LAZY and I was disappointed with the over all lack luster quality of the facilities. I also noticed that they were not operating to the standards of Bright from the Start, which was very alarming to me. I decided to give the ELC a chance, after hearing so many great reviews from parents who had placed their children there years ago, but honestly it was the worst decision I could have made for my son.

Posted March 19, 2015
I love everything that Greenforest has to offer my child! Academics and Christian values are taught daily and very rewarding to the children. I also appreciate the effective ways of communication to the parents from the school. My family and I are glad to be a part of the Eagle family!

Posted March 17, 2015
Greenforest is a wonderful environment where our children are challenged academically, nurtured, and taught strong Christian principles. We are honored to be a part of this family!

Posted February 02, 2015
Our child is a kindergarten student at Greenforest-McCalep Christian Academy and we love it! Kindergarten is the first grade level at the Academy. The Academy and Early Learning Center operate as completely separate entities. The teachers and staff at the Academy are so supportive and you can tell that they truly want every child to succeed. They really focus on helping the students gain self-confidence and pride in themselves. The Christian education is priceless and the school feels like a family. Our child is writing in cursive, reading and working on addition. It has been a wonderful experience for the whole family. I highly recommend Greenforest!

Posted December 15, 2014
My son is a junior and currently attends Greenforest and we both love it there! The adminstration, staff and students are wonderful! The class sizes are just right and prayer is always a daily first. My son's christian vocabulary has increased and he has definitely learned how to pray more effective and with so much more grace! I firmly do believe that if GOD is placed first in all things that we do, HE WILL MAKE A WAY!

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2014
My son attended Greenforest ELC 2010-2013. When he graduated from Pre-K he was well equipped to enter Kindergarten at a local public magnet school with a solid foundation. He was above grade level in reading and socially well adjusted. Greenforest helped to instill the Christian values we held in our home to make his foundation even stronger.

Posted September 26, 2014
All three of my children attended Greenforest. I was quit pleased with the superior quality of education they received. My children all tested above their grade level when they went into the public school system. I know that I made the right choice for my children and I recommended this school very highly. Try them for your self and you will see that they are truly Awesome .Past Parent

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy
3250 Rainbow Drive, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12