Decatur, GA

Posted December 15, 2014
My son is a junior and currently attends Greenforest and we both love it there! The adminstration, staff and students are wonderful! The class sizes are just right and prayer is always a daily first. My son's christian vocabulary has increased and he has definitely learned how to pray more effective and with so much more grace! I firmly do believe that if GOD is placed first in all things that we do, HE WILL MAKE A WAY!

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2014
My son attended Greenforest ELC 2010-2013. When he graduated from Pre-K he was well equipped to enter Kindergarten at a local public magnet school with a solid foundation. He was above grade level in reading and socially well adjusted. Greenforest helped to instill the Christian values we held in our home to make his foundation even stronger.

Posted September 26, 2014
All three of my children attended Greenforest. I was quit pleased with the superior quality of education they received. My children all tested above their grade level when they went into the public school system. I know that I made the right choice for my children and I recommended this school very highly. Try them for your self and you will see that they are truly Awesome .Past Parent

Posted August 20, 2014
WHAT A WASTE OF $5k!!!! ..DEFINITELY BEWARE!!! 9 years prior, I'd tried RELENTLESSLY to get my then 2-yr old daughter into the school. I tried for 2yrs straight and the school was always full, with a long waiting list. The school had great reviews and I had heard many great things about it from my peers so I was both excited and shocked when I learned that there were vacancies at this school Upon registration, the staff was courteous and seemed organized. We were provided a binder that contained the school's mission, rules and expectations, and detailed curricula specific to our child's class. Everything our child would be learning were at our fingertips before the first day of class. This, along with the good things we'd heard about it in the past- were the reasons we didn't mind paying the hefty tuition. In short, the school is the greatest FACADE I've EVER experienced. The appearance is clean, updated and polished. But this is nothing more than an over-sized, low-grade, EXPENSIVE DAYCARE FACILITY! The Director is A JOKE!!! And as a domino effect- so are the teachers and the school. She has successfully tarnished the legacy of this, once upon a time, great school!!!

Posted July 08, 2014
THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! BEWARE... THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! BEWARE... My son attended Green Forest Early Learning Center (their daycare) for exactly one week and that was enough for me!!! The administration (Director of ELC & Headmaster are very rude, unprofessional and insensitive). They will tell you whatever they need to tell you to get you to enroll and they will not deliver. Be sure to make sure you child is properly placed in the age and development appropriate class. They assign and move children based on class ratios not based on where your child is developmental wise. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 2

Posted March 07, 2014
The administrative leadership at Greenforest has declined significantly over the past couple of years, which has frustrated the school's ability to retain staff and students. The constant turnover of teachers, which frequently has occurred in the middle of the school year and without much notice to students and parents, has been unsettling to students and parents alike. While most of the teachers who remain are loyal and care greatly for the students, the teachers have inadequate resources and the school environment is very unstable. There is a lack of accountability at every level of the administration, and the school likely will continue to be in a state of decline unless changes are made at the top.

Posted February 13, 2014
Greenforest is a great school. IM a educator in Atlanta public schools and there's a clear difference in learning and how kids are being taught. For instance, in APS u have the common core curriculum which is fine but it only allows maybe only a few says for a.student to learn subject matter. At Greenforest they have the habikka curriculum which teach more of an old school approach to learning not just memorization. Furthermore, they have great teachers and an great Christian curriculum to help ur child mature. My son is in first grade and we love the.academics and all the program they offer. Oh let me not forget to mention smaller class sizes too.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 4

Posted January 16, 2014
My son went to Greenforest for two and a half years. Prior to those years he attended our local high school where he experienced negative peer pressure, oversized classrooms and a situation where teachers could not attent to his academic needs as closely as he needed. I understood that this was beyond that school's control and they were doing the best they could. My son needed something different and Greenforest gave that to him. Teachers were were more closely involved because of smaller class sizes. Discipline problems were a minimum because of their code of ethics and morals. Students are held accountable for behavior and so are parents. My son's grades improved greatly. At his request, made the decision to allow my son to return to the local school for his senior year. He regrets it!! He misses the structure, attention, intimate class setting, the staff and his friends. He says he learned more at Greenforest. Choosing Greenforest was the best decision I made for my son's academic and social and spiritual growth. I wish he was still there.

Posted December 01, 2013
Greenforest and its terrible!!!! This is my first year there. Talk about bad first impression! The lunches are extremely unhealthy. They should just serve public school lunches. I find that some of the teachers couldn't care less about the students. There is no learning. We copy notes off the board and are told to study them. All we do all day is write definitions, write words 3 times each and talk talk talk. I love everyone personally, but teaching is NOT for everyone.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy 2

Posted July 22, 2013
Quality of school is thumbs down! I had a daughter that attended this school a few years back and i was greatly impressed. However, since my son has been enrolled over the course of 2 years i am sadly disappointed. Specifically the business staff is difficult to deal with and the registration fee and the increase in tuition is ridculous and the school does not justify the reason for the increase. Overall its just not worth it spending my hard earned money to a school that doesnt care about its parents and students. All they see is $$$ signs. I will say the curiculum is ok but nothing special that you cant get at another school in the same community thats more affordable and shows more appreciation.

Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy
3250 Rainbow Drive, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Greenforest Mccalep Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top