Decatur, GA

Posted June 04, 2014
I moved my child to Friends after two years of having her in a highly rated public school. She is 100% happier, learning significantly more, with much less frustration for our whole family. The focus on character keeps the distractions to a minimum, while teaching skills for real life, and supporting the strengths in each child. They really do implement individualized learning for each child, and their teacher ratios and support staff are set up to make it happen. Additionally, there is more time in the day for recess, music, and individual reading, breaks that really helps young children learn during the times of day when they need to focus on math, English, science, foreign language, and history. As a bonus, the Art teacher is beyond wonderful. I was not looking for private school specifically, we were willing to move, I was looking for the right school for my individual child, and Friend's is a perfect fit. The proof is in her growth, both academically and as a person.

Posted March 19, 2014
This school is amazing. They do a wonderful job of working with children to discover and develop their strengths. They also help them with their weakness but in a very positive and nurturing way. I get very frequent feedback from the teachers on how my child is progressing. Sometimes I wonder if the teachers ever sleep!

Posted March 19, 2013
Our daughter is currently enrolled in the pre-k program. We are very impressed with the academics, but are even more impressed with how much our daughter has matured socially and emotionally. Her teachers have done a fabulous job teaching her to resolve conflict among her peers. Not only are they providing strong academics, they are helping her to become an independent, kind and empathetic person.

Posted February 22, 2013
This is a fantastic, nurturing, and academically rigorous environment for my two children. My sons receive individualized attention from amazing teachers. They are respected for whom they are but are also expected to take ownership of their learning and behavior. I cannot think of a better place for my kids to learn.

Posted February 22, 2013
My son graduated from Friends School of Atlanta in 2004 and went on to Paideia and NYU. He's a pretty decent human being, and for that I thank the teachers and staff at FSA for their commitment to providing top notch education in an atmosphere of diversity, fairness, and respect. I have been honored to serve on the Board of Trustees since 2006 and in that time I have watched the school expand into its great facility on Columbia Drive while also expanding its mission and its community outreach. If you are looking for an independent school where your child will be honored as a member of a beloved community, look no further than Friends School of Atlanta.

Posted January 16, 2012
I honestly can't imagine a better place for my grandson than Friends School. The academic instruction is excellent, but just as important is the development of social skills, cultural awareness and personal responsibility. This is a wonderful school with dedicated, caring teachers.

Posted May 11, 2010
The Friends School is an excellent school that offers not only rigorous academics in the Friends tradition but also teaches it students to be socially responsible. The school operates under the SPICES tenant of simplicity, peace, integrity, consciousness, equality and stewardship. The school is true to its goals and beliefs in its actions. I love that you quickly know many of the other parents and all teachers know your child and that there is such a great sense of community.

Posted April 23, 2009
We love FSA! The faculty and staff are wonderful. As important as the good academic program is, for our family it is equally important that the school teaches children to be good members of their communities.

Friends School Of Atlanta 0

Posted February 05, 2009
FSA is a gem of a school. Lovely caring teachers, great pupil to teacher ratios, creative learning, My child is getting a great education as well as being involved in a caring community with a wonderful giving spirit. FSA is more than a school. Its a way of life, And we love it!

Posted December 05, 2007
May son attended FSA from kindergarten until he graduated from eighth grade. At FSA, he was grounded in virtues of equality, peace, integrity and community, as well as receiving a first-class education. I particularly am appreciative of the fact that my son was actively taught consensus-building and conflict resolution. His time at FSA prepared him so well for high school that he had no trouble whatsoever being accepted into the high school of his choice.

Friends School Of Atlanta
862 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA  30030
Last modified Friends School Of Atlanta is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Friends School Of Atlanta Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top