PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted December 15, 2015
The Friends School practices what it preaches: inclusivity, creativity, and respect for the whole child (and the child's family, no matter the make up). The teachers are passionate, well-trained, and compassionate educators. I couldn't be happier with the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 15, 2015
Students at this school are shown what it's like to be cared for and, in turn, learn how to do the same for themselves and others.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 15, 2015
The school -- board, administrators, staff, and faculty -- all have honesty, integrity and fairness as core values.

Posted December 14, 2015
My child attended The Friends School from kindergarten through 8th grade and every single day she wanted to go to school. She had a hard time learning to read and was much later reading than most of her peers. Because of the loving and consistent support from her teachers, she never felt bad about herself or pressured to be anything other than who she was. Eventually, she mastered reading and is now a voracious reader. I cannot say enough good things about the teachers at FSA, our experience there was more than we could have ever hoped for. Our daughter was supported, nurtured and challenged to be her best self every single day. She was respected for who she was and in turn; she is able to respect and value others, regardless of how different they are from herself. She was well prepared for her transition to high school, both academically and socially. Every day, I see in my daughter the values that are lived at the Friend School and our family is forever grateful that we had the opportunity to attend.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 14, 2015
To all the teachers, thank you for patience, enthusiasm and loving support. You made such a positive difference in our lives

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 14, 2015
throughout our time at FSA, my daughters teachers consistently made the effort to learn my child's needs and provide her with what she needed in order to succeed.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 14, 2015
At times, we felt the homework was a lot. However, the amount of homework progressed steadily through the years and prepared my daughter well for the demands of high school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 14, 2015
Through consistent example from teachers and staff, as well as through thoughtful, age-appropriate discussion, the friends school develops integrity, honesty, compassion and fairness in its students.

Posted December 13, 2015
My wife and I have chosen the Friends School of Atlanta, above all others, because the FSA community seeks out and finds the very best in each child. We trust our two kids in the hands of this community. We have been at the school for seven years because we have decided that each of our kids only get a single childhood and thatv we want each to spend that childhood in this warm, caring, safe space. The school's many strengths include academics. Indeed, the students who graduate from the Friends School at the end of 8th Grade go on the finest public and private high schools in the city. But the students carry with them far more than academic skills. They walk through the world with integrity, humility, and confidence. We have been so lucky to find this wonderful school.

Posted December 09, 2015
I'm the parent of a fourth grader, and I'm also a college professor who is passionate about education. We decided to send our child to the Friends School after visiting or touring online every private school in Atlanta. There is no school that respects the dignity of its students--all students--more than the Friends School. We chose the school for its outstanding academics, strong arts program, and caring staff. Our child was doing well in a top public school before she came to Friends, but she has blossomed even more as a person here. The low student-teacher ratio and the individual attention to the needs of the student are top-notch. I sometimes think that I would like to switch careers to teach at a place like the Friends School, but the patience and professionalism of the Friends School teachers are so great that I doubt my own ability to measure up! :) You shouldn't pick a private school for your child without visiting this one. The head of school and the staff are all focused on producing excellent students and great human beings.

862 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA  30030
Last modified Friends School Of Atlanta is a Private school that serves grades PK-8