PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted February 28, 2016
What impresses me about Waldorf (beyond the fact that it's been around for a century and around the world) is its approach to education; it's developmentally appropriate. That means they don't force academics before students are ready. What we've see in our own son is a boy who is learning well and enjoying the learning. He started reading later when compared to national averages, but a recent class assessment revealed that he's now reading several years ahead of national averages. And the community here is amazing. There's a real sense of belonging and the support that comes with it.

Posted August 01, 2014
I have two children at the Waldorf School of Atlanta and could not have dreamed of a more nurturing place for my children to develop a love of learning. My children hate to miss school, it is their absolutely favorite place to be and they are thriving in so many ways. If you are interested in having children who are intellectually curious, creative, engaged with their peers in meaningful ways and simply in love with learning, there is no better place to enroll your child.

Posted September 28, 2013
Its hard to begin to list all the things we love about this school, but the most important one is how much my daughter loves going to school every day. She is excited and engaged and quite literally runs to greet her teacher every morning. She had a magical kindergarten experience and is now in "the grades". She is learning to love reading through really being immersed in stories, songs and letters that jump off the colorful chalkboard into her imagination and heart. She is learning art, handwork, Spanish, and care for our environment in addition to main lessons. As a parent with a master's degree in science, I love how subjects are taught by experiencing them and really delving deeper into a subject as opposed to some busywork handout or worksheet. I love how the teachers talk to the kids and don't yell. My child's class is diverse and we benefit from the school's strong sense of community. I love that she is learning so much without being stressed, overhomeworked, or subjected to filling in bubbles. We love this school and can't wait until our second child gets to join the school too. It's worth every penny of tuition.

Posted September 26, 2013
We are new this year to The Waldorf School. Our son is thriving and loving going to school each day. The education is hands on, and takes the whole child into account through art, music, physical activity, as well as reading, writing, and math. Expectations are high, and the children rise to meet them.

Posted September 21, 2013
In two months this school has changed our child and family in so many fabulous ways. Waldorf focuses on the fundamentals of living and every intelligent aspect that goes into this education. I've noticed that Waldorf kids of all ages talk comfortably with each other and adults; they feel respected. My 4 year old child wants to be useful, learn new things each day and make all kinds of friends. At Waldorf he has every opportunity to do this, and to own the experience - a real gift for any child.

Posted September 20, 2013
The Waldorf School of Atlanta has transformed my son into an articulate, intellectually curious, confident young person. The overwhelming attention that is paid to each child ensures that each child is nurtured and enabled to blossom at their own pace. The Rudolph Steiner philosophy of age-related development is accurate and helpful in navigating your child at home and in school. The Waldorf School teaches whole families how to live full out with their heads, heart and hands. I am so grateful to be a part of this unique and astounding community of progressive families who put childhood and family first.

Posted September 20, 2013
Parents looking for an exceptional education, a nurturing environment and eco-friendly philosophy and principles will find it all at Waldorf. A few highlights of the many 180-degree differences 1) Teachers stay with their children from 1st to 8th grade, which enables a strong, stable and influential relationship. 2) Children have firsthand experiences, vital to internalizing learning. You won't find fill-in-the-blank papers or textbooks; you will find children using their hands, hearts and minds in handwork, artwork, woodwork, making their own textbooks... and 3) Children get to move their bodies and have time outside to frequently connect with Nature - using their bodies in eurythmy, games and outdoor adventures. I have two sons, 2nd and 5th grades, and Waldorf is the best place for them. They were exposed to Waldorf for two months, and because of a move, I put them back into public education. My oldest, after an agonizing year, made impassioned pleas to return to Waldorf. "Waldorf understands children, the teachers know what we need and what makes us learn. They let us move and make things ourselves. I can't be who I am meant to be in public school." See the videos- S. McLeod

Posted September 18, 2013
The Waldorf School of Atlanta is a special place for students and parents alike. The community is strong and supportive, at times it feels like a family. And the curriculum is so unique that the parents want to go back to school! But what it does for the children is remarkable. Literally, parents of Waldorf kids get used to hearing awed remarks about our children from friends, family and other parents at the park. Our kids are smart, confident thinkers and considerate individuals. What a Great School!

Posted August 27, 2013
I have two children at the Waldorf School of Atlanta and I could not be any happier with the education they are receiving. They are challenged in every way and are expected give their best efforts each day, in terms of behavior, attitude, work ethic, honesty, integrity and quality of work. Thanks to their excellent teachers, they are happy, self confident and extremely capable children who are eager to go to school each day. All of the faculty and staff at this school are outstanding. Additionally, the parents from the school never ceases to amaze me with their generosity, kindness and dedication to family and community.

Posted August 13, 2013
we couldtnt ask for a more nuturing wonderful place for our daughters to grow and learn.

The Waldorf School of Atlanta
827 Kirk Road, Decatur, GA  30030
Last modified The Waldorf School of Atlanta is a Private school that serves grades PK-8