Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 04, 2015
There is no homework given at this school in toddler or primary classes for the most part except one project.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 04, 2015
It may, but I think they say it requires at least the full primary cycle for this to happen (3 years). I think it does take persistence and determination for kids to be successful but I think they either bring it and excel or don't and feel left behind.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 04, 2015
The school would say yes, but I'm not a full believer in the Montessori approach. I think enforcing rules that are meant to keep kids safe doesn't teach them compassion or caring. It teaches them to follow rules.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 04, 2015
The school promotes these values, but I'm not sure how well it models fairness. They've changed their policies and are not always transparent.

Montessori School at Emory 3

Posted August 04, 2015
The pros: convenient hours and schedule similar to a daycare. The cons: feels more like a business than a nurturing school. They underpay the assistants and don't support the teachers. It's for profit and there's a mysterious owner who occasionally makes an appearance to pick up his kids. There's not a lot of space for creativity or deviation from the very rigid approach to learning and being and not much consideration for kids who may need different types of support, nurturing, or encouragement to engage with the materials and approach. The toddler room was warmer and welcoming but kids move into primary at 2.5 years old. Caters to wealthy working parents for the most part who need long hours of care, year-round options and don't want to pay quite as much as a prep school but still go private and "progressive."

Posted February 16, 2015
My son loves it there after 3 schools (one other Montessori). He is challenged and asks on weekends if he can go. The parents are great and involved, the kids are fantastic, the community works both in and out of school. My son is thriving and learning so much.

Posted September 26, 2013
My two girls, aged 10 and 4 attend here and my wife and I couldn't be happier. The teachers are knowledgeable and nice, and the enrichment programs really allow our girls to get the most out if their time at school. The drama program is especially noteworthy. Other activities give more opportunities to learn and grow such as tumbling, cooking, Spanish, music and art. The Montessori program is authentic and my girls really thrive in this environment. Probably the best thing about this school is the open door policy for parents and the opportunities to really be a part of your child's school and education. I would recommend this school for anyone who truly wants the best that Montessori has to offer in a culturally diverse environment with plenty of bonuses and a warm and caring staff.

Posted September 26, 2013
We searched long and hard for the right school for our daughters. Thank goodness we found this school, because it has everything we hoped for and more. The Montessori curriculum is absolutely amazing and the guides are highly qualified with top notch credentials and years of teaching experience. There are two assistant teachers to each classroom, one for mornings and one for afternoons, so everyone is fresh and ready for engaging the children in learning opportunities. In addition, this school brings in specialty instructors for enrichment subjects like art, music and drama. There are many field trips and even overnight trips for the elementary aged students. The administration is friendly, professional and, most importantly, available. There are always open lines of communication with the administration and the guides. We know these people really care about our children. There is a wonderful parent community and so many avenues to become involved as a volunteer. It's not just a school. It is a place that families can be confident that their children are receiving an education that is child centered and be part of a community of caring, wonderful people!

Posted July 29, 2013
I love this school, I wouldn't change a thing! My daughter started in the toddler community where she became independent right before our very eyes. Now she's in the primary class where she is learning and building social skills. She is still very happy and this makes us very happy.

Montessori School at Emory 1

Posted November 09, 2012
As a current parent, I've tried hard to make this work for our family. The administration is a serious letdown - there is where a huge breakdown occurs, regardless of how great the teachers are or are not. I would not recommend this school to anyone. They use the Montessori method as a farce for charging ridiculous tuition.

3021 North Decatur Rd , Decatur, GA  30033
Last modified Montessori School at Emory is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori School at Emory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top