Decatur, GA
Students enrolled: ?
Before care: Yes

Posted September 26, 2013
My two girls, aged 10 and 4 attend here and my wife and I couldn't be happier. The teachers are knowledgeable and nice, and the enrichment programs really allow our girls to get the most out if their time at school. The drama program is especially noteworthy. Other activities give more opportunities to learn and grow such as tumbling, cooking, Spanish, music and art. The Montessori program is authentic and my girls really thrive in this environment. Probably the best thing about this school is the open door policy for parents and the opportunities to really be a part of your child's school and education. I would recommend this school for anyone who truly wants the best that Montessori has to offer in a culturally diverse environment with plenty of bonuses and a warm and caring staff.

Posted September 26, 2013
We searched long and hard for the right school for our daughters. Thank goodness we found this school, because it has everything we hoped for and more. The Montessori curriculum is absolutely amazing and the guides are highly qualified with top notch credentials and years of teaching experience. There are two assistant teachers to each classroom, one for mornings and one for afternoons, so everyone is fresh and ready for engaging the children in learning opportunities. In addition, this school brings in specialty instructors for enrichment subjects like art, music and drama. There are many field trips and even overnight trips for the elementary aged students. The administration is friendly, professional and, most importantly, available. There are always open lines of communication with the administration and the guides. We know these people really care about our children. There is a wonderful parent community and so many avenues to become involved as a volunteer. It's not just a school. It is a place that families can be confident that their children are receiving an education that is child centered and be part of a community of caring, wonderful people!

Posted July 29, 2013
I love this school, I wouldn't change a thing! My daughter started in the toddler community where she became independent right before our very eyes. Now she's in the primary class where she is learning and building social skills. She is still very happy and this makes us very happy.

Posted November 09, 2012
As a current parent, I've tried hard to make this work for our family. The administration is a serious letdown - there is where a huge breakdown occurs, regardless of how great the teachers are or are not. I would not recommend this school to anyone. They use the Montessori method as a farce for charging ridiculous tuition.

Posted October 14, 2012
I was not familiar with the Montessori environment until we came to this school. Now I am a true believer. It's amazing to see how much and how quickly my children learn when they take a more active role in their studies. I have had children at every level in this school and whether they were toddlers or in elementary, the teachers and staff have worked with me to help them succeed. I also like that the school pays attention to the whole child. Physical activity is also important, and the school has an excellent pay area and gym. I have recommended this school to other parents and will continue to do so.

Posted October 12, 2012
Being a product of a Montessori education myself, it was important to me to find a school that I could identify with that reminded me of the environment I was enabled to love learning in. I found that at Emory Montessori. The administration and teachers are outstanding, very open to ideas, questions and concerns. My 4 year old and 2 year old are excited every morning to go and are happy to share their day with me at the end. Being a working mom I love the added options of year-round school and limited school closings. My kids love the gynasium. I am happy and confident with the decision to have our children here. I highly recommend it to anyone evaluating a Montessori education for their children.

Montessori School at Emory 4

Posted August 23, 2012
I have 2 children at this school including one in the toddler community. We have had a wonderful experience at the school over the 5 years our family has been there. My children's teachers could not be more caring and professional and I have found the administration very open to my questions or concerns. I truly feel confident in our decision to have our children there and would recommend it highly. I have seen the amazing growth of this school and look forward to having my children there for years to come. They have plans for a middle school school so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted June 28, 2012
Honestly, if I could give them a negative star, I would. I should have read the reviews here before enrolling my child. We had the worse experience ever! The staff and administrators do not care about the parents/child's needs. They left our son in 99 degree weather on the playground crying! When my husband picked him up, the teacher shrugged her shoulders and said she wasn't sure how long he was crying. When we got home, his temperature was 103.7! Our pediatrician was very upset about this whole situation as well. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS SCHOOL! They appear to have it all together when it is clearly not the truth! We had paid for the month but we are not longer with the school. They ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY!

Montessori School at Emory 4

Posted June 27, 2012
Our son started at MSAE in 2011 when he was 3 yrs old - going into one of the primary classes for 3-6 year olds - and we are very happy so far. Montessori can take some getting used to - the classroom environment is very calm and quiet, and can seem a little 'cold'. But it became clear so quickly how happy and stimulated our son was, and he has acquired so many skills, especially concentration and fine motor. He loves his teachers, and has responded positively to the structured environment and the mixed-age class. I'm not sure Montessori is for every child, but if it suits yours, this is a great school, with a friendly atmosphere. They organize playdates for each class, and really foster a sense of community. When you see all the children playing together outside the classroom, you realise that they are just as exuberant as any other group of kids, but somehow in the classroom they are able to be so calm and focused. I can't speak to some of the bad experiences mentioned in these reviews (it is true that teachers have been allowed to bring their babies in if they are practising attachment parenting), but the parents I know at the school are all pretty happy.

Posted December 13, 2011
I would give a half star if I could. This school was horrible and they treated my 16 mo old son like a felon. The toddler teacher actually told us during our class open house that she didn't like the younger kids as much as she did the 3yr olds (they're classrooms are for 15mo- 3yr) because the younger kids we're harder to work with. My son was actually suspended for biting (he's 16 mo old). Once we made the move to Suburban Nursery he hasn't had any biting incidences. This school is a Montessori farce. You'll get a horrible vibe from adminstr.

Montessori School at Emory
3021 North Decatur Rd , Decatur, GA  30033
Last modified Montessori School at Emory is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori School at Emory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top