Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 16, 2015
Michael Garrison hates all students that are not liberal Democrats, and that's just evil. You need to act, and fire this bitter monster before he hurts more students.

Posted May 17, 2015
Columbia Middle School is a developing school. I see great potential in the students and the overall school. Next year I plan to help the school in more ways the one. I am proud to be an advocate for Columbia Middle School!

Posted March 13, 2015
Columbia middle is a little nasty because they bathroom are nasty and stink they got bugs the worst thing about Columbia is the teachers the only good thing is the connections and lunch sometimes

Posted March 11, 2010
My son is a magnet student & an AB student. If it wasn't for that, I would move in the area of 'better schools'. They have gang problems, kids setting fires on the school buses, etc... I teach my kids to be the best at what ever they set their minds to but it's hard when they're faced with things like this on a daily basis. The teachers nor principal can do anything with the kids because the parents can't. It starts at home so I don't blame the school...

Columbia Middle School 4

Posted February 11, 2009
This school is great academically, but there are very few extracurricular activities, half decent bathrooms, and some mean teachers. For the magnet seventh graders, make sure you complete and turn in your math portfolio, it counts as a lot of your grade. I don't agree with doing the portfolio or Mrs.Crew's last minute homework.

Columbia Middle School 5

Posted May 23, 2008
Well, Columbia Middle has been my education nation for the past 3 years now. The staff, the administration is outstanding and I LOVE the purpose that the teachers have for educating US as students. They show that no matter what were wearing or how we act for that day they would instill a lesson or even a moral just to further our internal thoughts each day. And sadly May 23,2008 was my last day as a middle eagle but im going on to the middle school with morals and knowledge!!! Thank you, Mrs.Weatherspoon, Mrs. Hardy, Mrs.Deloney and Ms. Casseus Ill Miss You Guys

Posted May 18, 2008
The school is great as Far as education goes, the teachers are very great and ive learned alot as an 8th grade student. But as far as everything else goes i DO NOT recommened this school! the kids are emotionally depreived and its very controlled. Alothough education is the main focus, its like a prison. There are close to no extra activities and no field trips, or school events whatsoever. I feel that the principle needs to be removed. i would not recommenced sending your child to this school.

Columbia Middle School 5

Posted June 06, 2007
the school is a wonderful school, the teachers are attentive to the students needs and are very caring. the admin staff lead by ms amy is top notch.

Posted August 27, 2006
I am actually a 7th grade magnet student and I think the school is pretty descent. The only thing I don't like is the behavior of the resident teams. They have too many fights and sometimes they just go wild. But Ms.Amey is doing a good job at handling it.

Columbia Middle School 4

Posted June 21, 2005
My son attended the 6th grade Magnet program 2004-2005. I was pretty pleased but I was a bit concerned aboutsome of the discipline problems. Our team of teachers were excellent, especially science. I don't think my son was as challenged as he could have been in every class. I generally felt that they were concerned about my child's success, not just performance. The career day was awesome! Very well organized and well suppported by parents I was very impressed. Ms Amey seems to have good control over the discipline problems and is eager to have parent volunteers. I just wished for more volunteers. There were many extra curricular activites. My son participated in band and learned a lot. The concerts were very well done, the children were prepared and they were very well attended by parents.

3001 Columbia Dr, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Columbia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.