Bad
Good

What a wonderful diverse learning environment! Other schools have a variety of students, but ICS embraces, fosters and thrives on their diversity! I am looking forward to our five years with the staff and students!

Our last child graduated May 2014 and our whole family misses the overall ICS experience. With that said, it was hard to see so many good teachers and staff leave or be forced out from 2012-2014. Things seemed disorganized and chaotic towards the end and information was filtered at best to concerned parents. They had to do a lot on a tight budget and I hope things get better. This school offers a unique educational experience that is hard to duplicate.

ICS has been in transition for the last few years. They moved to a great new space at Medlock. They have really embraced the building and made it their own. A beloved principal stepped down in the fall of 2013 and the school has operated under an interim since then, who has worked doggedly to keep things running and make improvements. There are many great teachers, but we will be starting the school year with many new-to-ICS teachers as many are leaving or have left. This can be scary, but it's also a great time of opportunity for ICS families to embrace change and to make a great school even better. Overall the ICS experience has been a good one for my children. They are thriving academically, and you really can't put a price on the richness of culture and the unique friendships they have built at ICS. I recommend ICS to families that love their community and who have open hearts, open minds, and an interest in service and making the world a better place. The education ICS offers is solid, but know that the ICS experience is beauty in chaos.

Great school. Very diverse. Lots of after school activities such as tennis, jogging, and soccer. The annual UN day celebration gets better every year. The children do not see color oe race, they accept each other lovingly without any biases. The children are not flooded with homework. One downfall is the school financial budget is limited and they need to find ways to get big corporations to give the school grant money. Because of that, administration made several changes with the staff that caused a lot of parents to be upset. Otherwise, a good place for children to learn.

My school is wonderful and is the first school in which my family and I have felt a sense of belonging and community. My son has had exceptional, caring teachers every year and we are looking forward to sending our daughter there next year when she begins kindergarten. I have been pleased with the commitment of the teachers even during some tough challenged we have had this year. This school community is one that is nurturing and focused on educating whole children. Glad to be a part of it!

my first child's first school life starts at ICS with love, care, diverse, curiosity, enthusiasm and new skill....without ICS my child won't be able to get all of the taste of academic. i really appreciated ICS!

My daughter is new to the school this year as a kindergartener. And so far she is enjoying each day. I am impressed by the friendliness and warmth of the teachers and staff and how it already is beginning to feel like a family. I like that the school allows time for kids to be kids with two recess periods a day. Also each day the child is exposed to a second language of either French or Spanish. The specials are impressive too; music, art, and science lab. Our first impressions are all favorable.

In a short period of time, it is apparent that children are how to be open, welcoming and inviting to others who may be new, different or just plain shy. After stressing about transitioning our children, we could not be happier that we have finally made the choice now if we could only go all the way to the 8th grade what a beloved community this really would be. Kudos to all those who work hard here the teachers, the administrative staff, the principal everyone for making education and joy your number one priorities.

ICS is a place where children matter. The staff both reflect and honor cultural diversity. This school is in the business of nuturing, educating, and developing outstanding world citizens.

Doing the 'Just' thing isn't just a tag line...it's the mission of The International Community School, where educating and supporting refugee children from around the globe along side American children, is a gift to the world. ICS... where everyone is a teacher!

Last modified International Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.