Decatur, GA

Oakview Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2015
This school talks the talk, but when it comes down to backing it up, they are absent. Too many teachers have dismissive attitudes towards many of the students and the parents. There are good teachers at the school, but they are not the norm. Parental involvement is abysmal. Parents have to be bribed with pizza parties to attend PTA meetings and even those are setup as dance parties or some other non-academic gathering. I have interacted with several of the children at this school, and for the most part they want to do great things, but they are being taught by men and women who believe otherwise.

Posted March 17, 2015
This scho is horrible! The principal is nice and tries to be reasonable when they have issues with your child. The assistant principal is ridiculous. The assistant principal Mrs.Ward and some of the teachers treat the kids like they do not matter and they are only there for their check and they do not care about the kids future. I would not recommend this school to anyone!!!

Oakview Elementary School 4

Posted December 29, 2014
I am really impressed with the direction in which the school is going. They have applied for S.T.E.M. certification, they have a robotics team, and have been awarded a National Honor for Beta Club. The principal is very personable, greeting children everyday on the curb, sunshine or rain. He truly cares for children, and is doing an excellent job.

Posted November 14, 2013
My children have been attending this school since 2011. At first I did not care for the school much, the quality of the educations was poor. Since the school changed the principal, I have noticed a change in my children's attitude about school, they don't complain much anymore. In addition, their grades have improved. The school also have more activities now. There is still much improvement needed; however, the school is much better.

Posted April 25, 2013
My son attends this school and I can see both sides of the coin. I am working with the new Principal to help improve the learning of the students so they can acheive. I need all parents and any other volunteers that are concerned about our youth to get in contact with Principal Mallory so we can all work as a team to reach our goals for the students. We can make Oak View one of the best schools however, it is going to take all hands on deck. Are you all talk and no action? Mr. Quitman

Posted September 19, 2011
This school looks very nice from the outside, but DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD/REN!!!!! The office personnel, I would give 4 stars, they are very nice down to earth people. Some of the teachers however, yell, cut children down, are very unorganized, and could really careless about the children. It's a paycheck to them, period. One teacher in particular, scared my child so bad, she cried everyday we dropped her off. They say they LOVE parent volunteering, but the teachers don't even want you to communicate via agenda. So you know they don't want you in their classrooms helping out. Overall, it was a terrible experience for our family. I wouldn't want anyone to go through what we went through.

Oakview Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2009
The school is very organized and the teachers and staff take pride in instructing the students.

Oakview Elementary School 5

Posted November 12, 2008
School is well organized and students are very well behaved. There is a lot of student - teacher positive involvement. Great learning environment!

Posted October 08, 2008
The teachers are good, but the enviornment of the kids is not the best.

Posted May 27, 2008
My children attend this school after it was built and the students were very unruly. My daughters teacher had no control over her students and suggested I put them in another school. Thank God for theme schools. I tried to have audience with the principal about the problems and they were never available. I know parents work, but parents also have vacation days or time off. They could take the time out of their schedules and help the teachers with anything. Kids love to see their parents involved at the school. When parents don't take the time, they can't fault the teacher if their child is not doing well. I made sure my presence was known. Parents should not just show up for parent/teacher conference. Get involved and find out what your child is doing in class.

Oakview Elementary School
3574 Oakvale Rd, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Oakview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top