Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I had the opportunity of allowing 2 of my children attend this school for about 4 months last year. I would not let them return. My 5th grade child had a horrible time. She complained about her teacher daily. To the point where I showed up to the school and watched from the door and I witnessed what she was speaking of. My personal opinion is this..... If you wouldn't speak to a child like that in front of their parent then don't do it when we are absent. Respect is due to a dog. It was just overkill. I even made contact with the teacher via email and as a new parent the tone was all wrong. I felt like I was being repremanded. I kept the emails to show the principal. I felt like planning was poor and things were unorganized and rushed. Now my experience with my childs 1st grade teacher was the exact opposite. She was wonderful. She was organized and on point. The only thing that upset me was on 2 occasions she was bullied and I feel like nothing was done on one of the occassions which I raised the issue with administration. I want to Thank Ms. Stone for being so organized. Just for her diligence I raise my rating to a 2 star. On another note I think it is important that administration enforce dress code for the faculty. Some teachers look like they were trying to pick up men. To the point where you watch the male faculty stare at the women faculty behinds. Lets be professional and focus on the children.

This school talks the talk, but when it comes down to backing it up, they are absent. Too many teachers have dismissive attitudes towards many of the students and the parents. There are good teachers at the school, but they are not the norm. Parental involvement is abysmal. Parents have to be bribed with pizza parties to attend PTA meetings and even those are setup as dance parties or some other non-academic gathering. I have interacted with several of the children at this school, and for the most part they want to do great things, but they are being taught by men and women who believe otherwise.

This scho is horrible! The principal is nice and tries to be reasonable when they have issues with your child. The assistant principal is ridiculous. The assistant principal Mrs.Ward and some of the teachers treat the kids like they do not matter and they are only there for their check and they do not care about the kids future. I would not recommend this school to anyone!!!

I am really impressed with the direction in which the school is going. They have applied for S.T.E.M. certification, they have a robotics team, and have been awarded a National Honor for Beta Club. The principal is very personable, greeting children everyday on the curb, sunshine or rain. He truly cares for children, and is doing an excellent job.

My children have been attending this school since 2011. At first I did not care for the school much, the quality of the educations was poor. Since the school changed the principal, I have noticed a change in my children's attitude about school, they don't complain much anymore. In addition, their grades have improved. The school also have more activities now. There is still much improvement needed; however, the school is much better.

My son attends this school and I can see both sides of the coin. I am working with the new Principal to help improve the learning of the students so they can acheive. I need all parents and any other volunteers that are concerned about our youth to get in contact with Principal Mallory so we can all work as a team to reach our goals for the students. We can make Oak View one of the best schools however, it is going to take all hands on deck. Are you all talk and no action? Mr. Quitman

This school looks very nice from the outside, but DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD/REN!!!!! The office personnel, I would give 4 stars, they are very nice down to earth people. Some of the teachers however, yell, cut children down, are very unorganized, and could really careless about the children. It's a paycheck to them, period. One teacher in particular, scared my child so bad, she cried everyday we dropped her off. They say they LOVE parent volunteering, but the teachers don't even want you to communicate via agenda. So you know they don't want you in their classrooms helping out. Overall, it was a terrible experience for our family. I wouldn't want anyone to go through what we went through.

The school is very organized and the teachers and staff take pride in instructing the students.

School is well organized and students are very well behaved. There is a lot of student - teacher positive involvement. Great learning environment!

The teachers are good, but the enviornment of the kids is not the best.

Last modified Oakview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.