Decatur, GA

Posted September 24, 2014
I am the Grandmother of one of your students.....Firstly, I can say that I am a little disappointed that GRANDMOTHER is not an option in your drop down menu. I am thrilled with the education that my granddaughter Brooke Zimet is receiving at the Academe of the Oaks. She is thriving, learning and developing lots of confidence! She is realizing how smart and accomplished she is! Thank you for doing such a thorough job. I especially love the all encompassing program you offer at The Academe.....Brooke loves taking care of the animals. The gardens and bees that you offer is all wonderful. I am a very Happy Grandmother....viewing my Granddaughter so Happy at school. THANK YOU! Gail A. Skolsky FYI: I am an educator!

Posted December 23, 2013
Academe of the Oaks has been a great school for 2 of our children. I have found the faculty members to be incredibly committed and highly capable educators. They go to extensive efforts to get to know and understand each student, their unique gifts and/or challenges, and how they learn best. Their enthusiasm for teaching and their respect for the individual are two of the most appealing aspects of the school.

Posted December 09, 2013
Excellent school, great warm supportive atmosphere but with plenty of enriching challenges for the students.

Posted July 19, 2012
AO is a wonderful school. The academics are stellar students acquire a very broad array of knowledge. The school produces wonderful writers, actors, academics and artists who are curious about the world in a way that others sometimes find startling. Waldorf/AO kids tend to be very good with adults. They look them in the eye, converse easily and don t shy away or run off when adults are around. At AO our son has been given a combination of intense and thoughtful work assignments along side caring, loving oversight by his teachers. The teachers don t back off the tough assignments, but give as much support as needed to make sure the material is understood and handled properly. The exchange program is terrific. It is an amazing opportunity to really learn a foreign language, experience that culture and make many new friends. It is something that can really make a lifelong impact on a young adult. No one falls through the cracks at Academe and students at all levels are challenged and encouraged to exceed expectations. We have been extremely happy with the school on many different levels over these past three years and are excited to have it in our lives for another four.

Academe of the Oaks 1

Posted June 15, 2012
Yes, they do address the mind, body and spirit of the students but to their way of thinking instead of letting them be independent thinkers. As recently decided, it's thier way or "the highway" if you as a student or parent try to be that independent thinker

Posted June 08, 2012
This school has Helped turn my son into a bright, caring, free thinking young man. The school goes above and beyond to make sure each child has their individual talents shine yet makes sure that, as a group, they work on social inclusion. The teachers and leaders of the school truly seem to love and care about their jobs, the kids, the parents and each other. Academe of the Oaks is turning out incredibly forward thinking, thoughtful students whom all seem to go on to their top pick of colleges.

Posted June 08, 2012
I wanted my child to go to a public high school. She fought me, and well, she won. I understand now why she wanted to go to Academe. She wants to be in a school where the teachers really care about the students, where she can really explore the material - basically, where she can really learn and be challenged. Her teachers all have advanced degrees and it shows in what they teach. She was able to do an exchange with a student in France, which expanded her life and made her a part of the international community.The arts are really important to her, and the school delivers on that front too. Last year she took an advanced art class from a teacher whose work has been purchased by major museums. And her orchestra is led by a renown violinist in residence at Emory University. She played basketball this year, coached by a retired NBA player. She was in a play directed by a teacher with years of theater experience. Most important to me, they each really care about her. I'm glad she convinced us to let her go to this school. She certainly knew best. It is an amazing place.

Posted June 07, 2012
My child just graduated from Academe, and the experience there has been amazing. The school is filled with creative, inspiring students, teachers who care and who have advanced degrees in their areas, and it follows a curriculum that is college-prep, promotes self-responsibility, creativity, respect, and care for the world and others. My child was accepted at the university desired - a very highly rated school that receives far more applications than it has slots, and the administration there specifically sited Academe as one of the reasons for their interest. Can't get better than that!

Posted June 07, 2012
I am a recently graduated student who loved this school. The teaching staff is fabulous and the curriculum is diverse and fascinating. In addition, I feel this school not only prepared me for college, but also to move into the world as an adult. If that was not enough, I got in to the college on the top of my list! wonderful school!

Posted June 07, 2012
Academe of the Oaks has everything you could want in a private school. Its curriculum is rigorous, its teachers are caring experts in their fields, and the students are idealistic human beings who will make great changes in the world. The leadership of the school is unwavering in its determination to educate the whole child, as Rudolf Steiner intended.

Academe of the Oaks