Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
So far so good, for the most part. We've been very happy with the core teachers (English, Humanities, Math, Science).

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 18, 2015
I am not a proponent of homework, so I appreciate the amounts given which is usually less than an hour per night. Kids are busy with extracurriculars after school and just need some down time!!

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted November 18, 2015
Too early to tell since we are new at the school. I will say, through open communication with the teachers thus far, my daughter is becoming very familiar with the IB system of grading and the requirements. The teachers are fully supportive in helping her achieve her academic goals.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I think they do as much as they can; respect should be learned at home, and I think there are many kids who don't get that lesson, unfortunately. Not just at Renfroe, but nationwide! We are new so I cannot speak to much on this subject, but the friends my daughter has met are very respectful!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
The teachers have been so supportive to my daughter as she acclimated to a very new way of doing things. They've been so responsive to me via email. The students my daughter has met have been compassionate, caring, and empathetic; I can't help but think aside from just wonderful families in Decatur, this also comes from the leadership and teachers at the school setting a fine example.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
We are new to the school, but based on the relationship my daughter has with her teachers, it seems they are very open to communication, accountability and give students the opportunity to take ownership of their learning; a true collaboration of efforts!

Posted November 18, 2015
This is our first year at Renfroe Middle School, after being at a private school for 10 years...and we are so happy we made the decision to enroll our child! We have been so impressed with the level of commitment from the teachers (Ms. McRae, Ms. Ratliff, Mr. Taube, Ms. Harvey, Coach Coleman--all AWESOME!!), as well as the caliber of students my child has gotten to know--smart, well-rounded, and kind friends!! Equally as impressed with the curriculum.

Posted May 07, 2015
I transferred from Drew Charter School to Renfroe though I had been in CSD for my whole life. I want to say that Renfroe is a fantastic school, with caring teachers and nice people. The only problem is that it is VERY crowded. Fantastic school.

Posted November 24, 2014
My son is an eighth grader at Renfroe and he feels that most of his teachers offer a challenging environment that is interesting and engaging. Mr. Thomas puts the students first and creates fun events for the students. The teachers are accessible and give quick feedback about my son's progress. Renfroe is a safe and secure environment to learn where students can flourish. I feel as though he has had a private education throughout his academics since pre-K at City Schools of Decatur.

Posted October 08, 2013
Renfroe Middle School is one of the best schools in decatur, with caring teachers and a principal that really cares about the kids.

220 West College Ave, Decatur, GA  30030
Last modified Renfroe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.