Decatur, GA

Posted May 08, 2013
I am responding to the latest e-mail sent about the Magnet program. My son is in the Magnet program and has been a straight A student since kindergarten. I have not taught my son to look down on others because we all live in the same world. As a matter a fact he tutors all students and he is just in the 7th grade. He works hard for what he does and we do not have to tell him because he has known since he started school that progress is expected. The Magnet program shows you that time waits for no one and that the real world is waiting for you. Its fast paced for a reason so you must schedule your time. It will pay off in the long run. Just know that not all Magnet students are what you say. They are kind, nice, and have manners with traits that shows through their personality.

Chapel Hill Middle School 3

Posted May 06, 2013
Chapel Hill...I'm leaving after have being here for 2 years and...if you intend to send you're child to the Magnet program know that I had been in Gifted for 6 years before entering this Magnet program and personally I prefer Gifted. It's like Magnet is sprinting, while Gifted is a brisk jog. The Magnet moves way too fast for me ,but in Gifted you can take your time to work the kinks out of problems. At Chapel Hill there's a term I call 'Magnet Conceited'. It's when the Magnet kids look down on the 'normal' or Gifted students. It starts because some Magnet teachers think that it's funny to talk about the non-Magnet kids. It's sad, not good, and leads to narcissism.

Chapel Hill Middle School 2

Posted March 27, 2013
While CHMS is not the WORST middle school in the county, it is most certainly NOT THE BEST. My child is a magnet student at CHMS. I am concerned that my student is not receiving the full magnet experience. The magnet program is limited at best and does not offer a TRUE challenge. This seems to be due to a lack energy and steam among some of the teachers. The teachers have a problem with maintaining discipline/order in the classroom as well. I hope the new principal can bring about a much needed change before the program loses students.

Posted October 06, 2011
The Magnet Program at this school is EXCELLENT! My son is a 7th grader Magnet student who is finally being academically challenged. A recent reading assignment included a book normally read by high school students. The teachers are caring, attentive, and very responsive to parents. I would give this school an A+!

Chapel Hill Middle School 2

Posted July 27, 2011
It truly saddens me to see teachers have such little regard for the students. They talk to the kids like they are in a detention center, I have never seen such a negative display from teachers ever . Im not sure if the principal is in denial that he has a long list of some bad teachers or if he has the same uncaring attitude. I strongly hope for a new principal. Hopefully the county will step in for the sake of our youths.

Chapel Hill Middle School 4

Posted April 19, 2011
It's a good school that can use a little more parent involvement to make it a great school. Some of the Teachers are okay and some are better than others. Band director is excellent. Love the band program. Students do get to express their individuality within the school rules and policies. Just needs a little more TLC and a whole lot more of PARENT INVOLVEMENT!!!!

Posted August 31, 2009

Posted July 10, 2009
I am a student at chapel hill and I love it. It is a normal school and I wouldnt trade it.

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted July 29, 2008

Chapel Hill Middle School
3535 Dogwood Farm Rd, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Chapel Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chapel Hill Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top