Decatur, GA

Columbia Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2015
I'm a parent my two kids been at Columbia since pre-k they are now in 1st &4th grade my son was in a advance reading class last year and my daughter is a A&B student it all starts at home us as parents has a job as well that's why I work with my kids so I can see them keep succeeding I received certificates from Columbia for being the parent of the year most participanting parent and class room mom I love Columbia I wouldn't change it for the world the teachers and principal does a wonderful job

Posted January 15, 2015
I personally love this school. I currently have two sons that attend the school. I would love for my last child to attend Pre-K this August. One has attended since kindergarten and my other son has been there since Pre-K. The teachers my kids had and currently have are very attentive. They call me to inform me of everything possible. My only problem with the school is that I wish the community worked with the school more. Sometimes the location of the school and community doesn't get enough help or resources as schools in different areas such as Roswell, or Covington.

Posted May 02, 2014
My brothers and I went to both Columbia Elementary and Columbia High School. We all went on to receive degrees at universities and 2 of us have master degrees, one in education and the other forensic pathology. These schools were our foundation to our educations and I think we turned out great. Education starts at home! If you find that your children aren't doing well, is it not a reflection you and not your child's teacher? The community is failing these children not the staff. My son is in pre-k here and I have absolutely no complaints. I completely disagree with this rating.

Columbia Elementary School 1

Posted September 05, 2011
It is so sad to see these kids attend this school. I really wish I could make a difference but the parents obviously don't see a problem. The teacher's are from the same environment and the culture of this community is substandard. This is an utter disgrace.

Columbia Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2011
Judging from the last comment from a "Former Student" that spelled "kindergarten" like this: "Kindergaurdin"......I'd say it's probably not the best choice...

Columbia Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2008
My children just started going to this school and so far I like it.

Posted August 11, 2005
Columbia Elementary is an up and rising school. The teachers and faculty are all very professional and supportive. The Special Education and Resource teachers are 'dynamic'. They truly go the extra mile to provide extra assistance to their students and ensure that they are part of the learning community and not excluded from anything regardless of their learning differences. I send out high accolades to all their and hope that the school at large continues to make great strides!

Columbia Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2004
My children went to this school for a year and a half. There is no disciplinary action for fights, which teachers watch for a while before disbanding. Teacher back up from administration is poor to non-existant. The most qualified teacher in the school is Mr. Johnson, in my opinion. Amazing educator! Test scores on the whole are low. The PE department has a great team. It can be hard on kids to sit still all day without recess. If you can afford it, keep your children out of danger and away from this school.

Columbia Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2004
I started in this school when i was in kindergaurdin and i left when i was out of the 3rd grade. but any way i think that this is an awosome school, great principal, great teachers, lets just say that columbia is an all around great school!

Columbia Elementary School
3230 Columbia Woods Dr, Decatur, GA  30032
Last modified Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top