Columbia High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
This is a very supportive school. Teachers and Administrators are always available to support the students and ensure the success of students that really want to succeed.

Posted January 16, 2014
If you want a middle school then I would recommend you go to this school...if you want a high school then avoid this school. The students are hardly under control and the atmosphere filled with attitude. It feels like a jail. I've never been in trouble but I've seen the teachers and staff watch the students with caution. Most students don't know that they're missing out on a great education in other schools because they aren't properly informed but I've come from a school with great academics. The only reason I'm here is because it was the closest school to where we moved. The things I did in middle school are the things they're doing now in this "high school" if it's even worthy of that title.

Posted April 30, 2013
I truly love being a part of the Columbia community of learning. The teachers are always available and supportive; the new principal is always involved in all functions and day -to-day activities; and the counselors are always available. When you walk in the school you are always greeted with a smile. My daughter transfered from a much larger school; and the transfer has gone great, she is in the Magnent program taking all AP and accelerated classes; and she is excelling. I think it is really because of the smaller class size. and the teachers really push her to take the difficult classes.

Columbia High School 4

Posted December 11, 2011
When you enter high school, all of the babying halts and the true character of your willingness and self motivation takes control. That is the virtue I presume Columbia High is promoting. They will not hold your hand, nor will they continue to ride you to get YOUR work done, or bring YOUR books to class. Trust me. At every school there are students who were forced in and don't care about the mischief they cause at school. Therefore, just like every other institution, Columbia offers excellence, and prosperity, but it is a personal decision whether or not you run with it. GO EAGLES!!!

Posted July 30, 2011
TRUTH IS THIS IS THE WORSE SCHOOL EVER... THE TEACHERS ARE NOT TRYING TO CHALLENGE THE STUDENTS AT ALL.. THEY REALLY DOESNT CARE WHAT YOU DO OR SAY.. BUT IM GLAD I HAVE TRANSFERED THIS YEAR.. I WOULDNT RECOMMEND ANY STUDENTS TO GO HERE IF YOUR TRYING TO SUCCEED IN LIFE...

Posted May 16, 2011
Unfortunately due to things beyond our control my son enrolled At Columbia High 3 weeks before school was ending. my son is only in the 9th grade and is gifted. Columbia did not have an equivalent math for him to take(because they don't have a class that high) so they opted to not have him take a math class at all. So since he effectively did not finish the class at his previous school and Columbia doesn't have it. He will not receive credit. Also my son observes alot of fighting and other discipline issues , just far too many to list, on a daily basis. A school that decides not to enroll a student in a core academic class is not a decent scool.

Posted May 09, 2010
Columbia is a very great school. I was in the magnet program snd now i go to spelman college!! I did great on my sats and also made lots of friendships, you have to do certain things like activities and magnet programs to excell at columbia high!!

Posted August 21, 2009

Columbia High School 2

Posted July 25, 2009
The truth is, its not the worst school in the world, but if you want to succeed, youll ahve to give it extra effort. I went there for the first half of my freshman year and transffered out for a couple of reasons. I was in the magnet program, and expected to be challenged, but my expectations fell way short. Most of the staff really doesn't care, and are there just to get a paycheck. The student enviorment is enjoyable enough, no more or less than what you make it; though the kids do all seem to blend in and are a bit more rowdy. Its a below average school, so i wouldn't voluntarily go here, but if you have no other options, well....its not SO bad, right?

Posted February 12, 2009

Columbia High School
2106 Columbia Dr, Decatur, GA  30032
Last modified Columbia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top