Glen Haven Elementary School 3

Posted March 04, 2010
I have three kids in Glen Haven.As for my special needs daughter, her teacher Mrs. Jones is wonderful. My son is failing math and im disappointed that they dont have tutorial for 1st graders. Other than thta my kids are eager to go to school and i love thta.

Glen Haven Elementary School 0

Posted March 19, 2009
march16,2008 My son came from a charter school in Dekalb County two years ago. He has excelled at Glenhaven since he has been enrolled. It was the best decision that I have made. The teachers and principals are very concerned about the students. There is order in the classrooms and hallways. I am also very involved in my son's education, and keep in touch with the teachers. As for informing the parents of events, their is a table when you enter the school that has newspapers,and information about current events that are going on at the school. I give the school five stars.

Glen Haven Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2008

Glen Haven Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2005

Glen Haven Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2005
my children have been going to this school since 2001 and it has been an interesting experience... The first year there was terrible,the teachers could have cared less if my son could read or not. My daughter has had excellent teacher's ,boy's are treated differently than the girls. It seems as though they are treated like all little black boys are ghetto without a daddy. This year has been a slight improvement,2004-2005. God Bless the children

Glen Haven Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2004
I enjoyed my experience with this school. My daughter excelled very well. The staff was friendly and cooperative. The nurse makes you aware of any visits to her office no matter how small. Her teacher communicated very well with me along with my class participation. The only problem I had with this school was that memos or letters sent home were not in good timing. They were late so we missed out on a lot of important things such as fund raisers and picture day. But over all considering this is my neighborhood school it was a pleasant experience it just needs a little fine tuning. I believe my childs excelling was a big part of my class participation and being involved with the teacher, other students, and staff.

Glen Haven Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2004
My grandson has gone to this school ever since 2nd grade. My experience has not been a good one. The teachers I have dealt with have been indifferent, unwilling to cooperate, and they never send papers or important things home on time. The papers are always almost a week late or you never get them at all. During his time in 3rd grade he had a teacher tear up his math paper and throw it away and told his math teacher that it was his fault. I called and talked to her and she told me she didn't do it. She lied to my face. I personally think the school needs an overhaul. From the principal to a lot of the teachers.

Glen Haven Elementary School 5

Posted August 10, 2003
This school is a perfect example of what can happen in any school when everyone works together. The teachers are happy, the children are happy and everyone wins in this situation. Hats off to this school. Keep working!

Glen Haven Elementary School