Bad
Good

The school is great the teachers are kind and understanding I love class dojo it allows us to stay in contact with teachers and shows our child's progression interested class

We love this school!!!! My kids recently moved from Fl and landed in a horrible part of Decatur. We moved 6 months later to Rainbow zip code and it was the right choice. The principal is very strict they have standards. It's fun, but yet educational. I tip my hat off to the staff at this school. And I have 3 that go here!

The student to teacher ratio is more like 21-23 to 1. The principal is not active at all, she seems unhappy to be there. The school is more concerned about explaining Title 1 and their greek affiliation than actually working with the parents and providing a better learning enviroment for the students. A perfect example of a school that just pushes students through the system while doing as little as possible.

Rainbow used to be a community school, where their main purpose was to educate students so that they can be productive citizens in this not so stable economy. Now the school has turned into a circus of a show with a ringmaster that is cruel to the animals (education). More concerned on what the school looks like than the production of passing test scores and student success. How can a school who has not had passing test scores in the last three years not be monitored. Which brings me to another point Dekalb County does not care about it's students demographically, south dekalb region students are left with the scraps, huh and they say racism dead, oh no its now they just have a way of hiding it...Falcon Rise Up, no PARENTS RISE UP AND STAND UP FOR YOUR CHILD!

I agree with the previous parent. This school's administration is horrible. The teachers seem to be more interested in what the child has on and what their hair looks like than teaching. With the exception of a few teachers they need to clean house and maybe Rainbow can improve.

This school truely needs an over haul.The staff in the office are really not friendly .They are not organized and this starts with the management their. They have this attitude when you enter the office of why are you here.I am so happy that i do not have to deal with them anymore. The district needs to take a look there.

I think that Rainbow elementary is the best schools in it's district. My daughter is in the first grade, and I am very pleased with the way she is challenged. Her teacher is very involved and cares about her students' academic progression. Whenever there is a concern the Principal is willing to sit down and address it. I have made several unannounced visits to the school, and each time I am impressed with what I see. Every one, from the teachers to the library staff encourage the students to strive for excellence. Parents are encouraged to get involved with their child's education. Rainbow has no complaints from me or my daughter. I am looking forward to my other children attending.

My children both attend this school. I must agree with one of the other parents...the atmosphere has changed over the few years my children have been there. It's a very cold environment now. The office has always been cold to me, but at least I felt as if I was at least wanted in the building once leaving the office and my help and volunteering was appreciated. Most schools welcome inveloved and active parents-it seems discouraged here. There are some bright spots among the staff that I look forward to seeing...academically, it's been a challenge, which can be good...looking forward to May, though.

Last modified Rainbow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.