Laurel Ridge Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted September 15, 2013

Laurel Ridge is a great school... The principle Ms Kyle is very involved in trying to make this a GREAT school. The teachers are all very approachable and responsive. I personally LOVE the small size of our school and the love and caring that my child receives...

Posted September 17, 2011

I left Laurel Ridge E.S. in 1965, yes....1965!!! Grades 1-7th. 8th grade was at Druid Hills H.S. Harold O'Quinn was the principal of Laurel Ridge when I went there. Shetland Drive was all woods and we would walk home. I don't expect kids walk like we did. Everyone from Willivee around to the homes off of Lawrenceville Hwy. would all gather on the weekend and play ball. There were two ball fields at the time, both sand lots, but we had fun, our teachers cared about us and it was a good experience. I wish my kids had the opportunity to go to as good a school as Laurel Ridge!

Posted June 25, 2010

I love this school!! My son has learned so much. This school really cares for the students and encourages parents to be involved in the school. I couldn't ask for my child to be at a better school than this one!!

Posted April 1, 2010

Amazing school. We were at Cliff Valley for 5 years and this school leaves us surprised at how well rounded a public school can be. My daughter is receiving a real education and we couldn't be happier.

Posted November 12, 2009

I like the teachers because they are nice and friendly. However, this year there is a new intern who troubles me. She never smile and always looks angry. She makes me feel uncomfortable

Posted October 3, 2009

I like all the teachers!!

Posted May 25, 2009

We love this school. It is wonderful to walk around the school and see all the kids learning and enjoying their school. Our kids are well prepared for the next step. LRE has families representing many countries around the world and we also have children requiring wheelchairs and other medical needs. My daughter is learning many lessons about life here. LRE is always welcoming to parents and they love class parent participation. The staff is incredible. The county's teacher of the year for 2007-2008 teaches here. We love LRE.

Posted November 28, 2007

My daughter started K in ms.breland's class at Laurel Ridge.I could not be happier. The teachers and staff are magnificent and Savannah has learned do much. We love it!

Posted November 27, 2007

I love this school. We transferred from a private school and I am amazed at the quality of education, the caring staff and involved parents.

Posted July 6, 2007

My family has been at Laurel Ridge for the past 4 years after transferring from a local private (Catholic) school-- my youngest has 4 years to go. This is more than a school-- Laurel Ridge is a small community where the entire staff, from the administration down, knows the children and the parents by name. Strong academics with test scores that compare favorably to the 'star' schools in the county (Livsey, Fernbank, Kittredge). Low staff turnover, majority of teachers have advanced degrees and certifications, high percentage of students in the gifted program, active and interested parents and one of the most caring and responsive administrative teams in the county. DeKalb's best-kept secret!

Posted June 1, 2006

My son attended 1st grade at Laurel Ridge this past year. I am very happy with the school. My neighbor also moved in this year. As first year students, both our boys were paired up with mentors, which were also the vice principal and the principal. I was glad that they took the time to do this with the boys. Mrs. E was an excellent teacher. I feel she has really prepared my son for school with projects and book reports geared to the first grade level. She really stressed my son's responsibility for his own work. Many of the parents were very involved with the school. I had seen and met many of the parents in my son's classroom. If I didn't meet them personally, my son told me about their visits. I love the family evironment of Laurel Ridge.

Posted February 8, 2005

I am a teacher in Atlanta. My fifth grader goes to Laurel Ridge and I am very happy with the caring and warm environment. The staff is dedicated and it is a very safe school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

67 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

68 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

67 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

57 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

60 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

70 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

49 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 12% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1215 Balsam Dr