Decatur, GA

Laurel Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2015
The school and teachers do a great job teaching the core curriculum. The computer access has significantly improved the last couple of years, and Dr. Lyman does a great job teaching the kids music. If the school were given a certain amount of support, I would like to see them be able to introduce a foreign language or two as either a specialty or an afterschool club. All in all, this is a great neighborhood school in the shadows of the Tuckers, Oak Groves, City Schools of Decaturs, and Fernbanks of the world. Too bad DeKalb County has to make decisions regarding its future.

Posted September 15, 2013
Laurel Ridge is a great school... The principle Ms Kyle is very involved in trying to make this a GREAT school. The teachers are all very approachable and responsive. I personally LOVE the small size of our school and the love and caring that my child receives...

Posted September 17, 2011
I left Laurel Ridge E.S. in 1965, yes....1965!!! Grades 1-7th. 8th grade was at Druid Hills H.S. Harold O'Quinn was the principal of Laurel Ridge when I went there. Shetland Drive was all woods and we would walk home. I don't expect kids walk like we did. Everyone from Willivee around to the homes off of Lawrenceville Hwy. would all gather on the weekend and play ball. There were two ball fields at the time, both sand lots, but we had fun, our teachers cared about us and it was a good experience. I wish my kids had the opportunity to go to as good a school as Laurel Ridge!

Posted June 25, 2010
I love this school!! My son has learned so much. This school really cares for the students and encourages parents to be involved in the school. I couldn't ask for my child to be at a better school than this one!!

Posted April 01, 2010
Amazing school. We were at Cliff Valley for 5 years and this school leaves us surprised at how well rounded a public school can be. My daughter is receiving a real education and we couldn't be happier.

Laurel Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted November 20, 2009

Laurel Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2009
I like the teachers because they are nice and friendly. However, this year there is a new intern who troubles me. She never smile and always looks angry. She makes me feel uncomfortable

Laurel Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I like all the teachers!!

Posted May 25, 2009
We love this school. It is wonderful to walk around the school and see all the kids learning and enjoying their school. Our kids are well prepared for the next step. LRE has families representing many countries around the world and we also have children requiring wheelchairs and other medical needs. My daughter is learning many lessons about life here. LRE is always welcoming to parents and they love class parent participation. The staff is incredible. The county's teacher of the year for 2007-2008 teaches here. We love LRE.

Posted January 02, 2008

Laurel Ridge Elementary School
1215 Balsam Dr, Decatur, GA  30033
Last modified Laurel Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel Ridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top