Atherton Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2010
The principal Leadship is great,the Teacher quality,is awesome,the parent involement outstanding and Safety and Discipline are on point.

Atherton Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2006
Teacher turnover is very high thus affecting the quality of education for students. Principal, especially the Principal, and administrative staff is not helpful at all to parents with their concerns and was very condescending to parents and students. Parent participation was always very low. There was no music programs and the small amount of extra curricular activities that were available was not enough to keep kids interested. There was a LOT of disciplinary problems at the school. The BEST thing I ever did was remove my children from this school and they have been excelling in academics every since.

Atherton Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2004
- a former student
I Would like to make a comment about the review that said that Atherton is a horrible school, I think that who ever sent in that review is just plain rediculous. Becuase Atherton is a terrific school with teachers that are not turnover and the principal is a good leader and listen to all parent concerns.

Atherton Elementary School 5

Posted July 09, 2004
- a former student
Hi, I'm not a parent, but i went to Atherton Elementary School when i was younger, and it is a terrific school! Your child has the chance to become friends with all of the lovely kids,(there are a few 'meanies', but you can't escape that, every school has those) and the teachers are great! They are kind and caring yet challenging. Man!, I remember being there! I loved my teachers, and the principal was nice too! I really loved it there. It's one of the best schools in Decatur. I'm sure your child will enjoy it!

Atherton Elementary School 1

Posted July 01, 2004
Atherton is absolutely horrible. The principal is very non-supportive of the parents, office staff is rude. Teacher turnover is very high. The school also refuses to accurately recognize and assess students with special needs and Atherton does not provide enough supportive services for those children. I had a staff person to tell me that if Atherton assess a child for special needs such as the EIP program then they must provide supportive services, therefore, they do not always recommend children for the program to 'save money'. The magnet school designation was removed and overall this school is subpar in my opinion.

Atherton Elementary School