Bad
Good

Flat Shoals Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
Im a new parent and already I'm experiencing mishaps my daughter didn't get put on the bus on purpose! CONCERNED PARENT

Posted September 16, 2009
My childeren love Flat Shoals, the staff is and the principal is awesome

Posted May 27, 2009
Flat Shoals is a good school. The teachers are dynamic!

Posted February 08, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten and he loves this school. The curriculum is extremely advanced. My son is on the honor roll and I give all the credit to his teacher, Mrs.Jackson. She teaches the children to demonstrate excellence. I see her everyday and she always informs me of what the children are learning so that I can continue to assist him with his education at home. As long as I live in this neighborhood, my son will continue to attend this wonderful school!

Posted June 29, 2008
This is an extremely good school. I have not had any bad experiences with the teachers or the principal. I think it is one of the best Elementary Schools in GA. There are constant activities with parents to help the children and parents with whatever else is need to better the children. The principal Mr. Keith Reynolds and his staff take so much care of these children which is one of the things that I love about the school. The teachers communicate with parents regularly and the school sends out written information and reminders ahead of time so parents can make proper adjustments to their schedules if they need to. It is awesome and my child will continue to go to Flat Shoals until she graduates the 5th grade. Keep up the good work! GIlbert Francis

Posted March 15, 2006
This is a very good school. I have not had any bad experiences with the teachers or the principal. All of the teachers are involved in maximizing the education of the children that attend the school. There are constant activities to help the children with standardized testing and whatever else is need to better the children. The principal makes the children feel special and he even makes the boys tuck their shirts into their pants! That is one of the things that I love about the school. I have never had any problems with my child's teacher or anyone else on their staff. My child will continue to go to Flat Shoals until he graduates the 5th grade. Keep up the good work!

Flat Shoals Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2005
My son has been attending this school since the second semester of his kindergarden year. I am an invloved parent, attending field trips and volunteering the the classroom on a regular basis. He is now in second grade and I am activley looking for another school for him to attend. Upon enrolling him, I was very clear about his need for additonal assistance with speech, reading & comprehension. For the past 2 years (including now) I have been given the run around in reference to the aforementioned issues. Additionally, the principal was very unkind to me when I inquired about joining the PTA. Overall I have had a bad experience with this school.

3226 Flat Shoals Rd, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Flat Shoals Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.