Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Briarlake has a strong parental community and my child has been thoroughly engaged. He is excited to go to school each day.

I love this school! Excellent staff and teachers. My son has had an excellent experience at Briarlake!

It is a small community school but well organized and with excellent management. My kid loves Briarlake and she has been happy here since 1st grade. Testing on the very high end of all the state tests.

Briarlake has not been without its Dekalb County problems but once you get past that and into the classroom. It has been a a great experience for my children. They have excelled and given many opportunites and different experiences. Testing on the very high end of all the state tests.

Wonderful school. Fantastic community and parent involvement. Very active PTA. Teachers willing to listen and offer assistance.

Love our school. This is our 2nd year and I have a 2nd, a 1st and a PreK student. They LOVE going to school! The teachers have been amazing, giving the extra challenges when needed (didn't want my kids to be ahead and therefore bored). And each of them have seemed to genuinely care for my kids! THe counselor is great and nips bully in the bud quickly. I have felt very secure leaving them there...even the nurse is so sweet and a great lady. (same said for principal, office staff, etc.) We LOVE where we are and we love the fact that this is the hearing impaired school for the county. The kids get to learn sign and interact with kids that may be different than they are. My only complaint is that it is not as racially diverse as I would like (63% white, 19 % Black), but my kids have not seemed to be concerned with that at all. The parent involvement is very high, it was 100% last year (PTA involvement)...not sure what it is this year, but I know that there are always parents volunteering and present.

Briarlake is a great school. We left the area, and have been searching for a comparative school ever since. Great diversity, parent involvement, and a welcoming staff. I really appreciate the schools NO BULLYING stance, that is taken seriously by students and staff.

The small size and parent support is rare and wonderful.

My daughter attended Briarlake and we feel like she received a very good, solid education foundation that prepared her well for her secondary education!

We loved Briarlake & are going back. We chose to leave Briarlake when an opening at a local private school became available *out of fear' of public middle school. Big mistake if you have above average children who need stimulating/engaging/challenging material. The private school was very 1950s academically (but did have some pros). We found the overall education at Briarlake to be FAR SUPERIOR! We also found Briarlake's teaching staff & administration to be genuintely warmer and more sincere than the private school.

Last modified Briarlake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.