Posted May 23, 2014
Briarlake has not been without its Dekalb County problems but once you get past that and into the classroom. It has been a a great experience for my children. They have excelled and given many opportunites and different experiences. Testing on the very high end of all the state tests.

Posted January 11, 2012
Wonderful school. Fantastic community and parent involvement. Very active PTA. Teachers willing to listen and offer assistance.

Posted January 05, 2011
Love our school. This is our 2nd year and I have a 2nd, a 1st and a PreK student. They LOVE going to school! The teachers have been amazing, giving the extra challenges when needed (didn't want my kids to be ahead and therefore bored). And each of them have seemed to genuinely care for my kids! THe counselor is great and nips bully in the bud quickly. I have felt very secure leaving them there...even the nurse is so sweet and a great lady. (same said for principal, office staff, etc.) We LOVE where we are and we love the fact that this is the hearing impaired school for the county. The kids get to learn sign and interact with kids that may be different than they are. My only complaint is that it is not as racially diverse as I would like (63% white, 19 % Black), but my kids have not seemed to be concerned with that at all. The parent involvement is very high, it was 100% last year (PTA involvement)...not sure what it is this year, but I know that there are always parents volunteering and present.

Briarlake Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2010
Briarlake is a great school. We left the area, and have been searching for a comparative school ever since. Great diversity, parent involvement, and a welcoming staff. I really appreciate the schools NO BULLYING stance, that is taken seriously by students and staff.

Posted April 24, 2010
The small size and parent support is rare and wonderful.

Posted April 16, 2010
My daughter attended Briarlake and we feel like she received a very good, solid education foundation that prepared her well for her secondary education!

Posted February 18, 2010
We loved Briarlake & are going back. We chose to leave Briarlake when an opening at a local private school became available *out of fear' of public middle school. Big mistake if you have above average children who need stimulating/engaging/challenging material. The private school was very 1950s academically (but did have some pros). We found the overall education at Briarlake to be FAR SUPERIOR! We also found Briarlake's teaching staff & administration to be genuintely warmer and more sincere than the private school.

Posted October 05, 2009
Great School: wonderfl caring teachers and excellent parental participation

Posted September 18, 2009
I've been working in Briarlake for 17 years. If I thought felt uncomfortable or disrepected . . . I wouldn't still be here! The parents, community, and kids are the BEST! We have so much support and the PTA treats our staff with so much love.

Posted September 18, 2009
Briarlake Elem School has committed administrators, outstanding teachers, and involved parents who work together to ensure all our students achieve their educational goals!

Briarlake Elementary School
3590 Lavista Rd, Decatur, GA  30033
Last modified Briarlake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briarlake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top