Decatur, GA

Mclendon Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
Some of the teachers are great, like Ms. Sribnik. But the kids at this school are out of control. My sons 5th grade class was not allowed to play out side for the entire year because of the kids behavior issues. He used to tell me stories about the the fights and desks getting flipped over by kids and the kids screaming at the teacher. This school has a rating of 1 on great schools. I am surprised it is even still open. A great teacher only does so much good when they spend the majority of their time dealing with severe behavior issues. This school like a prison yard.

Posted September 11, 2013
McLendon is a great school with friendly, caring teachers & staff. My daughters transferred mid year and were welcomed with such warmth. My oldest daughter went from failing math in her previous school to getting an A 3rd semester and a final grade of a B+. The diversity of the students that attend make it a great life experience for the children. My girls love McLendon!

Posted August 22, 2013
We have had good learning results with McClendon for 3 years , would like to see more parent participation, it's would make such a wonderful difference.

Mclendon Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2013
My daughter had not even started yet and already I'm highly disappointed. The staff in the office us rude they don't like to even answer their phones and if they do finally answer they do it with an attitude. I was already skeptical because in 09 they list my friends son. He was 5 or 6 and they didn't know where he was luckily the baby found his way home but how do you let a child that small get on a bus they don't supposed to be on and walking home by himself. I am totally unimpressed by what they have shown me so far and i have to trust them with my 5 year old daughter.....i don't know about this....

Posted May 24, 2012
Both of my daughter's attended this school for 3yrs. Mr Mac is the best principle this side of Atlanta. He loves the kids and doesn't play around. It is an Internation school made up os more than 20 different nationalities. The kids learn so much from each other and there's no such thing as color. I'm really going to miss the teachers as much as they're going to miss my kids.... :(

Posted June 24, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009
i have ten childre and they all went to this school they loved it it is an intteracial school they go on field trips all the time and have lots of fun they have a great principal and teachers everything is good in the hood

Posted June 09, 2007
My wife is a teacher at this school, and I have been privy to many observations about it. The school has an experienced faculty and a principal who familiarizes herself very well with the condition of each child. The faculty actually has far more mandatory professional development than other teachers at other schools. Field trips to museums and plays are common. The school also has a high student mobility rate and a very high percentage of refugee students. While this introduces some instability to the classroom, the commitment and ability of the teachers, combined with the diversity of culture available to the student, make McLendon a diamond in the rough for any parent who wants their child to have a real education.

Mclendon Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2005
I am pleased with the progress my child has shown even though I feel she could be exposed to more within the school environment. She does not have access to computers at school, and even though she is in kindergarten, I feel it should be available to them. I will say that my child has learned to read and has been exposed to music, art and sports. The YWCA offers aftercare which is also a plus.

Mclendon Elementary School
3169 Hollywood Dr, Decatur, GA  30033
Last modified Mclendon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mclendon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top