Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The teachers are any schools most valuable asset; and McLendon has some of the most caring; compassionate; engaged and committed teachers... that enjoy teaching and look forward to enriching children. I have seen first hand how many schools can be over crowded and your child becomes another number; not at this school. Its a hidden gem.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely, these teachers are so caring and get to know each child individually and encourage their personal development; while embracing diversity and teaching respect.

McLendon is a hidden gem. Our son has attended for the last 3 years and we are thrilled with the school. The staff are amazing, his class sizes are smaller than average, and the aftercare program is great. The school strongly promotes strong character traits and negative behaviors are not tolerated. I especially like the diversity of the school which mirrors the Atlanta area. The new principal and Asst. Principals are excellent. The PTA is gaining traction and have been doing great new things including ground beautification and gaining community sponsorship.

I absolutely love this school and all the staff!! I have 4 children in this school, will be 5 next year. I was worried about the schools moving to Atlanta, but I was pleasantly surprised! I am going to be sad when my oldest has to move to middle school!! The kids actually want to go to school. Couldn't ask for a better place for my children to learn!!

Some of the teachers are great, like Ms. Sribnik. But the kids at this school are out of control. My sons 5th grade class was not allowed to play out side for the entire year because of the kids behavior issues. He used to tell me stories about the the fights and desks getting flipped over by kids and the kids screaming at the teacher. This school has a rating of 1 on great schools. I am surprised it is even still open. A great teacher only does so much good when they spend the majority of their time dealing with severe behavior issues. This school like a prison yard.

McLendon is a great school with friendly, caring teachers & staff. My daughters transferred mid year and were welcomed with such warmth. My oldest daughter went from failing math in her previous school to getting an A 3rd semester and a final grade of a B+. The diversity of the students that attend make it a great life experience for the children. My girls love McLendon!

We have had good learning results with McClendon for 3 years , would like to see more parent participation, it's would make such a wonderful difference.

My daughter had not even started yet and already I'm highly disappointed. The staff in the office us rude they don't like to even answer their phones and if they do finally answer they do it with an attitude. I was already skeptical because in 09 they list my friends son. He was 5 or 6 and they didn't know where he was luckily the baby found his way home but how do you let a child that small get on a bus they don't supposed to be on and walking home by himself. I am totally unimpressed by what they have shown me so far and i have to trust them with my 5 year old daughter.....i don't know about this....

Both of my daughter's attended this school for 3yrs. Mr Mac is the best principle this side of Atlanta. He loves the kids and doesn't play around. It is an Internation school made up os more than 20 different nationalities. The kids learn so much from each other and there's no such thing as color. I'm really going to miss the teachers as much as they're going to miss my kids.... :(

i have ten childre and they all went to this school they loved it it is an intteracial school they go on field trips all the time and have lots of fun they have a great principal and teachers everything is good in the hood

Last modified Mclendon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.