Posted February 06, 2014
Miller Grove middle does not have any kind of communication with parents. Their staff including the principle are very unprofessional. Some of the teachers need to retired or fired because they simply not qualify to teach. My seven grade child bored out of his mind because of the lack of instructions. Not all children that attend miller Grove are bad. The teachers play a big role of the children behavior as well. For example, if a child know that you don't care nothing about their learning, you just there for the money, most likely they are going to retaliate. Basically, the school need a make over. Hire competent people that's qualify to do the job. Until then move away from the neighborhood put your child somewhere else they can excel.

Miller Grove Middle School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
Miller Grove has a wonderful principal and staff who go all out to ensure that their students receive the best education possible. Albeit the fact that many of the children come from troubled backgrounds, the teachers make an extra effort to help them get their performance up to standard. My son is in 7th grade there and the moment he starts operating below his usual standard I am guaranteed a phone call. I wish for them all the best.

Posted December 05, 2013
I would not recommend sending your child to this school. They don't provide books for certain core subjects for the children to take home to complete homework; but yet they have homework that the book provides information/answers for; so needless to say homework can be very difficult. Also if your child doesn't provide "A" work to certain teachers, they either recieve a incomplete or a very low score; which in return doesn't inspire the child to want to perform. Can't wait to leave this terrible school......so many bad apples, will definately spoil the bunch!!!

Miller Grove Middle School 2

Posted June 10, 2013
This school does not offer a environment conducive for learning or teaching. The average class size is 32-35. The students are academically low and this lack of intelligence is manifested in their behavior. The administrative team operates on a fear of "losing my job" which shows in their lack of discipline and support for teachers. If you have no choice but to send your child here, please make sure to take the time to visit the classes and teachers during instructional time at least once a month.

Posted April 18, 2013
This middle school is the WORST middle school in Dekalb County that you could send your child to. The teachers here are unprofessional and half of the teachers here are very young and do not care about anything but a paycheck. I hate that my child had the experience of attending this middle school and I am making sure that my youngest child does not have to experience the issues that I have had with this school. Almost every child that attends here have low grades, if your child came in the door with a decent grade point average, if they attend this school there average will drop.

Posted October 12, 2012
This school is one of the worst. The children behave badly and they are well below grade level. The staff is stressed out and over worked...not a good recipe for the success of the children.

Posted February 02, 2011
I attented Miller Grove Middle School in grade 6. It was my first and final year. The teachers were terrible, the school was infested with ANTS, and the administrative team was lazy. I will not be attending this school ever again.

Miller Grove Middle School 5

Posted July 22, 2009
It is the best school that a child can go to.

Posted April 24, 2009
I am very disappointed with the counseling staff and teachers at Middle Grove Middle School. I have been trying to get my som tested for a learning disability since the beginning of the school year. Needless to say, he has not been tested and school is almost out. In additon, homework is not given daily which is bad for my child. If homework is not given daily, how can the child reinforce what is being taught by the teacher. My child will not attend this school next year. This is his first and final year at this school

Posted December 23, 2008
I was displeased with my child's expeience there. My child took advanced classes and the 3/5 of her teachers were lazy and did not challenge the students. The principal and other adminstrators are passive and come off as nonchalant. Needless to stay,my child is no longer there.

Miller Grove Middle School
2215 Miller Rd, Decatur, GA  30035
Last modified Miller Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miller Grove Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top